Taxi from Canada Place - Vancouver

kbrown455

We decided not to take the transportation option offered by Celebrity because we are flying in a day early for our cruise. I am wondering about getting back to the airport after our cruise is over. I know it can get a little crazy during debarkation. Does anyone know if you can grab a taxi outside of Canada Place? Any tips or shortcuts?

Hi: If I remember correctly, there is a large hotel across the street from the pier... I'm sure a doorman could hail a taxi for you or there may be some lined up waiting for fares - unlessssss they are all at the pier looking for cruisers.

It seems to me that there were plenty of taxis available when we returned from our Alaska two years ago.

Cathy

One of the interesting things about coming back from the cruise was that the mob of people were going towards the buses and shuttles and I assume the Celebrity arranged transportation. There were literally like 2 other people other than us going for a taxi, there was no line at all....

I live in Vancouver, trust me the place will be crawling with taxis. The terminal is attached to the Pan Pacific hotel and you will see cabs underneath where people get out (underground parking) or go to the hotel level and grab a cab there. It's about 1/2 drive to the airport. There are also airporter buses that will take you to the airport but they will stop at other hotels so if you're in a hurry, grab a cab. Not sure what it'll cost (depending on the day you are disembarking) but prob. close to $40 Cdn. if it's not rush hour.

Yes, there are plenty of taxis outside the cruise terminal by the Pan Pacific Hotel and the Fairmont Hotel, directly across the road from the Pan Pacific. There is also an airport coach which goes from outside the Pan Pacific at $15 per person. We had a taxi back at 5 p.m. to the airport and it only took us half an hour and cost $30 so if there's two or more then it's just as cheap to get a taxi.

We decided not to take the transportation option offered by Celebrity because we are flying in a day early for our cruise. I am wondering about getting back to the airport after our cruise is over. I know it can get a little crazy during debarkation. Does anyone know if you can grab a taxi outside of Canada Place? Any tips or shortcuts?

We were able to exit the ship terminal with our bags to the underground garage where we grabbed a taxi to take us to our hotel.

We were surprised at how cheap limo service was between downtown and the airport. We ended up booking a stretch limo (Limojet Gold) from our hotel to take us to YVR for about $35 CDN total (not incl tip) for my family of 4.

Hi: There is a short article in today's newspaper (Edmonton Journal) about a shortage of cabs in Vancouver. Per capita, Vanc. has one taxi for every 1,360 people compared to Toronto with one taxi for every 540 people!

But based on my experience and what I've read on this thread, this doesn't seem to be a problem at the piers. Along with the other option of shuttle buses there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Homecoming should be as easy as home leaving... and getting to the airport without any stress is nice after a lovely cruise, isn't it? No one wants to end a trip with any hassles. Good luck.

Cathy

Archived