Embarkation Carry-ons

HotJet

Are there any rules about what luggage you can carry on and what must be left with the porters to be delivered to your cabin later? Our luggage is all on wheels, so we could easily pull our luggage with us when we board and have it all available when we first board. Is that allowed?:confused: Is there a size or number limit as to what you can carry on like the airlines?

Your carry-ons must go through an x-ray machine before boarding the ship, like the ones you go through at the airport. Your carry-ons must be able to go through the x-ray machine.

Sandy

Are there any rules about what luggage you can carry on and what must be left with the porters to be delivered to your cabin later? Our luggage is all on wheels, so we could easily pull our luggage with us when we board and have it all available when we first board. Is that allowed?:confused: Is there a size or number limit as to what you can carry on like the airlines?

Why would you want to do that? I would not think it was was worth saving the tip at the dock.:confused: You will be going through lines entering the dock, processing in, going through security, and board. I can think there is nothing I would rather not do than drag my bags at that point. Sometimes the access to the ship required going up steps which means lifting and carrying. At the very minimum dragging them uphill to go from port level to deck 5 or 6 where you enter the ship. :(

Then once on the ship, now you get to haul them in an elevator crowded with other passengers boarding, down a narrow hallway, and then maybe find out your room isn't ready.:eek:

Sometimes we've gotten our luggage within an hour after boarding, and sometimes not until well after dinner.

I'd prefer taking my luggage on board myself to dealing with a large enough carry-on to accommodate toiletries and a change of clothes through the airports and planes.

Thanks for the info, advice and opinions. Given the xray machine requirement I will assume that only airline carry-on size luggage can be brought on with us and our larger suitcases (26" and 29") will have to be checked.

Now the big decision...carry on the wine or pack in checked luggage?:D

I would suggest you carry your wine onboard. Just imagine if, as we have seen in the past, someone packs their drinks. They are rough with that luggage, a bottle breaks and it doesn't only destroy your things but others that have luggage under yours. Not a good idea to pack it in checked bags at all.

I think it's best you check your luggage...Less to worry about. Easier too......Just use a carry-on for all your necessary items....Just in case......

As for bottles....I have wrapped them in my luggage and never, ever had a problem....Was not an issue...... But, the Pepto-Bismol bottle cap somehow came loose, plastic case was open, guess what everything was now pink..... (I think this was caused by Airline security going threw luggage).....

Archived