Closing time for Jewerly Stores in St. Thomas

Will be leaving on a 9 night cruise from Cape Liberty this Friday. Unfortunately we don't arrive in St. Thomas until 1pm. Was hoping to be able to go to the beach for a few hours before doing some shopping but I wasn't sure what time the jewerly stores closed. Does anyone know what time most of the stores in St. Thomas close ? Thanks.

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess to play it safe we'll probably do some shopping downtown before heading over to the beach and then if there's time we'll do some shopping in the Havensight area. Thanks again.

If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion, if you're looking for jewerly, try Glitters in the Havensight Mall. Very reputable and accomadating. Since the first time we did business there it is the only place I now get my jewerly from. Ask for Jimmy, he and his wife are the owners.

Don't get caught out by the difference in ship vs land time.

We are going in August so ship time will be the same as island time. I found this description on the internet.

TIME/DAY-LIGHT SAVING

Q: What is your time-zone? Do you observe day-light saving?

A: Atlantic Standard Time. We do not recognize day light saving time in the Virgin Islands. So during daylight saving time, First Sunday in April to Last Sunday in October, we are the same time as Florida (East Coast USA). When daylight saving time ends in October then we are one hour ahead of Florida (East Coast USA).

Just keep your watch set to ships time--don't worry what time it is on any given island! That way, you're safe, and won't miss the ship!

But when told by a store to come back at a certain time to pick up a ring MAKE sure that you know which time is being quoted. You cannot depend on shop personnel knowing about the time difference, if any.

Archived