Prepaid Gratuities

Sweeterpea

We are booked on the Insignia next year, and I've been reading on the board about prepaid gratuities. We were each given an onboard credit of $100, which we plan to apply to the gratuities, but it would be nice to have them prepaid. How could we pursue this?

SP

Well, we just received a special offer from Oceania for Mediterranean Escapades (October and November 2006). It includes special amenities for past guests, including:

1. Prepaid gratuities ($230 to $420 value per stateroom)

2. $200 shipboard credit per stateroom

3. Bottle of champagne.

Not too shabby!!

Ivan

I just returned from the July 10 Baltic cruise on the Insignia. My TA included prepaid gratuities in my package. $420 that didn't come out of my pocket directly. They showed directly on the statement from Oceania at the end of the cruise. I actually gave a little extra to our butler and housekeeper because they did such a good job. Talk to your TA.

Arkie

I'm a little confused by what is meant by pre-paid gratuities...is this only something offered as part of a cruise incentive package or is it something one can do with an already booked cruise? Thought I had posted this question but don't find it, so thought I'd ask again. Thanks to anyone who can un-confuse me!

Archived