JS Benefits

Hi All:)

I am booked in a Junior suite on the Enchantment of the seas. First do they have a special boarding line for JS or is that for a higher level?? Also how much bigger is the balcony? Are there any other special amenities for having a Junior suite. Also, this is my second cruise with RCCL so I am a gold member, what does the coupon book have in it? Thank you

Kim

The balcony is wider, because the room is wider! Yes, you can use the "suite" check-in line. You do NOT get concierge service in a JS. You will get 2 C&A credits. I'm not sure about Enchantment, but most JS's have a walk-in closet, larger bathroom, due to the tub, and plenty of space in the room! The "gold" coupons have things like, 2 for 1 drink coupon, $ of spa treatment, $ off internet connections, $ off ships portraits, etc.... Things like that. It's nice, but even if I didn't get the coupons, I'd still be cruising!

The only advantages we found in booking a junior suite was the two cruise credits and a nicer/larger stateroom (with a bathtub) and larger balcony. Would I spend $400-$500 more per person for a junior suite verses a D1 veranda stateroom? Not a chance.

Maybe others received priority embarkation in their junior suite's but we sure didn't.

You receive two cruise credits for booking a junior suite or above. You also receive two credits for booking a sailing 12 days or longer. If you book a sailing 12+ days in a junior suite or above you receive three cruise credits. Once you receive 10 cruise credits (Diamond member) you get to hang out in the concierge lounge downing free drinks with the "in" crowd, as well as many other nice benefits.

Definate benifits: Larger room, larger bathroom, Larger balcony, extra cruise credit.

Sometimes but not guarenteed: Suite check in line (the word "suite" has been removed from my luggage tags for my upcoming Vision cruise), robes in stateroom (supposed to be for GS and higher but sometimes given to JS passengers, mostly when they ask for them), priority embarkation (JS is not a true suite). Upgraded toiletries (some report them, we didn't have them on Enchantment last December).

Never: Conceirge lounge access. Priorty disembarkation.

Royal Caribbean has not been very consistanct in the past and the catagory JS cabin has been in the grey area of cabins. It's not a true suite but they put the nametag Junior "Suite" on it. I believe that has confused both passengers and crew alike. While they seem to have removed the term "Suite" from the luggage tags, passengers give their luggage to the porter before getting in line anyway. If you get in the suite line, unless there is someone checking documents at the end of the line, I don't see them telling you to go back to the end of the regular line once you're at the desk.

On the other hand, there are so many people who recieve priorty embarkation now (Plat. members and up plus suite passenger), that I can see RCI trying to do some crowd control on who enters the suite line and who doesn't. Reports on this site have been mixed at best.

So, I say line up in the suite line for priorty embarkation until someone tells you not to. If you don't have robes in your room, ask your cabin steward about them. The worst that could happen is they could say no.

It really doesn't matter what your luggage tags say--the bags are with the porter--no luggage tags on carryons! Just get yourself in the suite check-in line!

Our last cruise on Enchantment, there was a guy checking docs for the suite/plat./diamond/diamond plus line. If you didn't have the correct stateroom or C&A level on your docks, you were directed to the regular line. I don't know it this is an intermitant thing or something new RCI is doing. I had not seen them do it any other time we've sailed.

Probably the easiest thing to do is complete your Setsail preboarding docs before you arrive. That line move very fast the two times we've seen it in use. Once was in Barcelona, the other in FLL.

If it were me and I wasn't platinum C&A but was booked in a JS cabin, I'd go to the suite check in line. The worst that could happen is you'd be redirected to either the Setsail line (if you've completed those docs before arriving) or the regular line. From past post on CC, you'll probably be just fine in the suite check in line.

Archived