hanging flags off of balconies?

Your 6 World Series flags will not offend a Yankee fan who has 26 flags to display from their balcony.:D

Their world series flags are not offensive, but getting one in OUR stadium was.:eek: After that we tore it down and built a new one. BTW the Cardinals are second in world series wins only to the Yankees:p

We have a t-shirt from Margaritaville with that saying on it.

Welllllllll....... if everyone else is waving their

flags I might as well raise mine high........

HOOK EM' HORNS (Tx Longhorns!!)

I tried to fly my Longhorn windsock from our aft balcony last year...it just kept blowing back onto the balcony:( There are four Longhorn aft balconies this year and there will be Longhorn flags proudly flown!

Last year we entered Vince's Girl in the horserace...sadly we came in second.:o

Andipanda

I tried to find a photo of the "United Federation of Planets" flag flying over Adventure of the Seas, but couldn't.

However, I found these neat pictures of some gentlemen on AOS' bridge. Sci-Fi fans should be able to recognize them. :-)

http://pictures.vulkon.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=73

http://pictures.vulkon.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=91

Marc

Call me an awful snob if you like but I would hate to look up at the ship and see a load of flags.

(p.s. NTFC Rule!)

Jane

x

Sorry, but ships fly flags. They go hand in hand. It's just a matter of opinion from the passengers which flags should be flown.

Come on, show a little spirit. Lighten up.:D

Originally Posted by English Jane

Call me an awful snob if you like but I would hate to look up at the ship and see a load of flags.

(p.s. NTFC Rule!)

Jane

x

Sorry, but ships fly flags. They go hand in hand. It's just a matter of opinion from the passengers which flags should be flown.

Come on, show a little spirit. Lighten up.:D

Ships may fly flags, but they normally fly them from the mast, not from the portholes or windows or odd locations all over the ship. The cruise lines spend a lot of money designing a ship. The ship will look like crap if all the passengers start hanging flags all over it.

Just curious if you're allowed to hang/drape flags over your private balcony? I saw a picture of someone flying a mini University of M*ch*g*n flag off of their balcony and I feel a strong urge to hang my giant Ohio State Buckeye flag off my aft balcony to show off my Buckeye pride. Go Bucks!!

Funny you should mention it. On our cruise, I was somewhat embarassed by an Ohio State Fan. We were in the gallery trying to find the pictures from our formal night. Amongst all the pictures was one guy wearing his OSU ball cap in the dining room on Formal night. :mad:

Directions to Ann Arbor - North till you smell it, west till you step in it.

Obviously, given my screen name, I say hang your giant Ohio State flag! Especially if it's response to a giant Michigan (YUCK) flag! :) Although I have to agree that it might be a little tacky, but not as tacky as hanging a Michigan flag!!! ;)

Can you believe that person from Toledo who said,"Go Blue" A lot of people don't know Michigan and Ohio fought a war over Toledo and Michigan won.

Actually Royal Caribbean rules are very clear about the matter of hanging flags on balconies. Only University of Florida Fightin' Gators flags are permissable. All others will be confiscated during the cruise and returned on the last morning of the cruise. ;)

You spelled Seminoles wrong.

:D

LOL

If so, they will learn the hard way not to do it again. One CC posted on here that she hung her "unmentionables" on the balcony to dry. She went to get them and they had blown away. :o

I have personally seen towels, T shirts and bathing suits laying on the piers a few times while in ports. Aruba is the best island for seeing that. Nice and windy at all times. ;)

LOL..yes, I've seen the same items laying on the piers. Never thought they could have flown off the balcony!!!

I would never hang a flag, banner or whatever on a hotel door. Just don't know why people are compelled to do it on a ship???

LOL..yes, I've seen the same items laying on the piers. Never thought they could have flown off the balcony!!!

I would never hang a flag, banner or whatever on a hotel door. Just don't know why people are compelled to do it on a ship???

They hang the heavy wet stuff on the rails or over the chairs on the balconies. What happens? It drys and becomes light and airborne. They never learn. :rolleyes:

When you are on your own balcony you have the ocean vista to look at... no flag can compete. And what do you care what the ship looks like from shore anyway? I personally would love to see a ship sail by flying all colors... vive la difference! My Sox Flag goes on every balcony I get, I only wish I could post my Darwin Fish decal as well (too small) ahh but wait, perhaps the Darwin Fish folks will make me a flag???

I’ll look into it and get back to you.

Juried

When you are on your own balcony you have the ocean vista to look at... no flag can compete. And what do you care what the ship looks like from shore anyway? I personally would love to see a ship sail by flying all colors... vive la difference! My Sox Flag goes on every balcony I get, I only wish I could post my Darwin Fish decal as well (too small) ahh but wait, perhaps the Darwin Fish folks will make me a flag???

I’ll look into it and get back to you.

Juried

Too bad your sox will be sitting on their couches in october watching the Tigers.....

Ships may fly flags, but they normally fly them from the mast, not from the portholes or windows or odd locations all over the ship. The cruise lines spend a lot of money designing a ship. The ship will look like crap if all the passengers start hanging flags all over it.

"look like crap" in your opinion. Aren't opinions great? :D

Originally Posted by English Jane

(p.s. NTFC Rule!)

Jane

x

I believe you mean "The ship will not look nice."

Bob :rolleyes:

I tried to fly my Longhorn windsock from our aft balcony last year...it just kept blowing back onto the balcony:( There are four Longhorn aft balconies this year and there will be Longhorn flags proudly flown!

Last year we entered Vince's Girl in the horserace...sadly we came in second.:o

Awesome!

Archived