Ok .. Now don't Yell but I need to know

KLLund

So much talk on all the boards about Jeans ...

Now I bought this gorgeous embroidered jeans ( blue denim with peach/offwhite/ green) and a lovely peach Jacket to go with it ... the Basic white blouse ... I don't see what is wrong with it for the casual night dinners ..

I also have a lovely pair of white beaded/embroidered jeans that go with a Turquoise top that I combine with a Silver and Turquoise collar necklace and cute littel turquoise sandals .. I also think this is appropriate for casual nights

I have lots of "Fun" dresses for dressier nights and some lovely formal gowns ( thank goodness DH will go with any type of dress code I suggest ) ..

So thoughts please ladies ??

OOPs I almost forgot ......... Curt .. want to know what you think too .. didn't mean to make that a ladies only kinda thing :)

Oh. My. Lord.

I am actually starting to feel loved and appreciated on the Fashion Board.

(And God Bless me, I still happen to be awake/working, because I'm having to print out a bunch of Actor/Actress reports for my job;) ).

Me personally (because I am metrosexual Rock and Roll/Hollywood rebel fashion guy) if it's all nice "fitted" designer jean outfit, that's sexy hot, and I think it's fine for casual night.

If you look good in it, and you are happy, then I say go for it.

(Bear in mind, I know enough about "fashion rules" and what is appropriate in Hollywood/Entertainment Industry - and have been on cruises since I was a baby - dressed to "the nines").

That's my whole thing...

I think that if it's nice/fashion awareness looking, then that is a big difference of people wearing "mommy jeans", or (forgive me) WalMart whatever.

Just giving TMI, and me for example, if I'm wearing my $800 Hugo Boss jacket, then I don't have a problem with wearing my $30 Levi's black jeans.

I still look better, more fashionable and classier than the guys wearing a $75 Sear's suit.

Sorry ladies, don't get mad at me, just saying it like it is.:o

So, long story, if it looks cool, fashionable, and classy, I'm sure that you will look better than a lot of the (nicely put - shall we say) "lower classy" ladies onboard.:D

You all know what I mean, you've seen them.

Okay ladies, I'm supporting her!

Slings and Arrows at me if you need to , but get used to the CJW metrosexual Hollywood Rock and Roll perspective!:D

I also have some cute jeans that I plan to match up with a nice top, an I plan on wearing them on casual nites,:rolleyes: then going out dancing after dinner, I dont plan on changing clothes 4-5 times a day to please anyone. :p ;)

Hey, I say wear 'em. I have some totally knock out white jeans with white embroidery down the legs I got at White House Black Market. I wore those to casual dinner on my last cruise a few weeks ago. Sounds like you know the difference between nice jeans and just clean jeans ;) , so go for it!

So much talk on all the boards about Jeans ...

Now I bought this gorgeous embroidered jeans ( blue denim with peach/offwhite/ green) and a lovely peach Jacket to go with it ... the Basic white blouse ... I don't see what is wrong with it for the casual night dinners ..

I also have a lovely pair of white beaded/embroidered jeans that go with a Turquoise top that I combine with a Silver and Turquoise collar necklace and cute littel turquoise sandals .. I also think this is appropriate for casual nights

So thoughts please ladies ??

My thoughts.....

I love jeans, especially well fitting, stylish ones.

I see nothing wrong with wearing a pair of sexy jeans to dinner with a great top and fabulous shoes either, but......

....... if the ship requests "no jeans in the dining room at dinner hours", then I personally would adhere to that. But, that's the kind of girl I am. :)

Some maitre d's will ask you to change, some won't. Depends on the ship.

The ship's brochure generally states their policy.

I agree with Jane. If the ship's policy is "no jeans", I think that is pretty straightforward. I don't care what colour they are, how they are embellished, whether you wear Manolos or sneakers with them, how much you paid for them, who's name is on them, etc, jeans are jeans. And no jeans means no jeans.

My thoughts.....

I love jeans, especially well fitting, stylish ones.

I see nothing wrong with wearing a pair of sexy jeans to dinner with a great top and fabulous shoes either, but......

....... if the ship requests "no jeans in the dining room at dinner hours", then I personally would adhere to that. But, that's the kind of girl I am. :)

Some maitre d's will ask you to change, some won't. Depends on the ship.

The ship's brochure generally states their policy.

This is exactly my opinion.

A dress code is probably in place for a reason in my opinion. Most of the time it's to "draw the line" as I see it.

I also agree - if the ship has a no jeans policy, then please observe it. Jeans are jeans no matter the style or cost!

Just because someone else breaks the dress code, doesn't make it right. (Oh my God, I sound like my mother!)

Some cruise lines still do have a no jeans request, some don't.

If I were politely asked to not wear jeans, then I wouldn't, it's simple. So, check your brochure to see what your particular line is asking of you.

I suppose I'm getting old, but I still cannot see the difference between cheap jeans and expensive jeans. I'm not talking about the WalMart brand, but the less expensive ones you can still buy in a department store. I shop a lot with my daughter (who I suppose can tell the difference :) ), but I just don't see it. Even turning them inside out and s

looking at the seams.

Now, I can tell the difference between cheap shoes and handbags and finely made ones, so I'm not a total loss.

Message to the OP, we typically don't yell at anyone here, we leave that to the cruise-line specific boards. It's (usually) a lot more friendly and kind, there are people of all income levels and style preference, all are welcome.

Thanks !!!

And so I went back and read the guidelines on attire for Princess Cruise Lines and it clearly state No jeans in the dining room. I also note they they do not have both Casual & Smart Casual as with some cruise lines.

So, since I too "play well with others and follow the rules", I believe that those great jeans outfits ( Chicos , by the way, we don't even have a Walmart ) will be just perfect for days touring the fabulous ports or lunching on board and the dining room will be dreses or nice slacks with beaded tops.

I appreciate all the input.

Bon Voyage

take them with you because you may be sorry if you see jeans being worn in the dining room on casual nites.. the first nite on HAL lots of men were wearing jeans.. even the older folks..more men in jeans than women on HAL.. the outfits sound great.. i would not leave them home..

Thanks !!!

And so I went back and read the guidelines on attire for Princess Cruise Lines and it clearly state No jeans in the dining room. I also note they they do not have both Casual & Smart Casual as with some cruise lines.

So, since I too "play well with others and follow the rules", I believe that those great jeans outfits ( Chicos , by the way, we don't even have a Walmart ) will be just perfect for days touring the fabulous ports or lunching on board and the dining room will be dreses or nice slacks with beaded tops.

Bon Voyage

Yes they just say smart casual and their definition of that is what RCI calls casual-confusing isn't it? But still they do say no jeans-at least that was on their website when I looked at it about 4 days ago.

I know the trend is for women to wear very dressy jeans with very upscale nice blouses/tops not the usual teeshirt with slogans stuff we used to think that went with jeans-but still until they remove that no jeans statement I would not wear jeans-no matter how nice they are and no matter how unlike a pair of Levi's or Lee's they are.

Yes Jane, because you, like many of us, demonstrate class - a classy kind of girl, you are!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's really pretty smug to think that just because one overpays for something it somehow makes it better than everybody else's, and thus makes it appropriate attire for a situation. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks !!!

Bon Voyage

Ahhh.... now why can't all people be this simple?

I always clench when I see these "jean threads"! They can get nasty! ( Which I don't understand either... b/c then why did you ask in the first place?)

I LOVE a great pair of embellished, well fitting jeans. I think they can look fabulous, paired with the right items.Love them!

What I don't like is all this bending, interpretation, and blatent opposition to a dress code.

I have begun to wonder if people who do this have deep rooted, repressed issues that stem from having to wear a uniform to school or something? "I'll now wear what I want no matter what!" type thing.:rolleyes:

I mean it is pretty simple to me... a dress code is a dress code.

So, thank you for "playing nice":)

Your jeans and everything you described sounds.. as Nancy says "Sassy Fabulous!" Bring these items for sure to wear elswhere.;)

Have a great time!

Ahhh.... now why can't all people be this simple?

I always clench when I see these "jean threads"! They can get nasty! ( Which I don't understand either... b/c then why did you ask in the first place?)

I LOVE a great pair of embellished, well fitting jeans. I think they can look fabulous, paired with the right items.Love them!

What I don't like is all this bending, interpretation, and blatent opposition to a dress code.

I have begun to wonder if people who do this have deep rooted, repressed issues that stem from having to wear a uniform to school or something? "I'll now wear what I want no matter what!" type thing.:rolleyes:

I mean it is pretty simple to me... a dress code is a dress code.

So, thank you for "playing nice":)

Your jeans and everything you described sounds.. as Nancy says "Sassy Fabulous!" Bring these items for sure to wear elswhere.;)

Have a great time!

So well said D.H. I agree. Not just for cruises but in general. If a dress code is in place, I will follow it, if there is none, then I assume the establishment does not care. If I'm in doubt (new venue) I call and ask to be on the safe side.

I may not agree with/like some of the dress code rules but I follow them or I just avoid that venue. What I don't do is dress to what others think is the appropriate attire. I dress according to the dress code rule of the venue. I always figure it's there for a reason, whatever that reason may be.

A dress code is probably in place for a reason in my opinion. Most of the time it's to "draw the line" as I see it.

Just to clarify, I always adhere to the dress code.

Code for code, I adhere, I just happen to be very creative within the specific code.

I was just automatically thinking that the OP was referring to a ship where jeans were allowed in the dining room.

:rolleyes:It's really pretty smug to think that just because one overpays for something it somehow makes it better than everybody else's, and thus makes it appropriate attire for a situation.:rolleyes:

I know! I totally overpaid for my Levi's! I hate that!;) :D

CJW

Just to clarify, I always adhere to the dress code.

Code for code, I adhere, I just happen to be very creative within the specific code.

I was just automatically thinking that the OP was referring to a ship where jeans were allowed in the dining room.

I know! I totally overpaid for my Levi's! I hate that!;) :D

CJW

I'm not sure why you quoted my reply, I was simply agreeing with what someone said about "dress codes" and jeans but that would also apply to other articles of clothing like shorts, sneakers, etc, and also to locations/venus i.e,, resto, club, cruise, resort, whatever/wherever.

But since you quoted me, I'll quote you and reply to the following statement that you wrote

Just giving TMI, and me for example, if I'm wearing my $800 Hugo Boss jacket, then I don't have a problem with wearing my $30 Levi's black jeans.

I still look better, more fashionable and classier than the guys wearing a $75 Sear's suit.

Sorry ladies, don't get mad at me, just saying it like it is.:o

So, long story, if it looks cool, fashionable, and classy, I'm sure that you will look better than a lot of the (nicely put - shall we say) "lower classy" ladies onboard.:D

You all know what I mean, you've seen them.

Okay ladies, I'm supporting her!

Slings and Arrows at me if you need to , but get used to the CJW metrosexual Hollywood Rock and Roll perspective!:D

While you may look, hot like a rock and roll hollywood type of guy I would say that the person in the $75 sears suit may just be "higher classy" because at least that person is/was trying hard to fit in and abide by rules and respecting his enviroment, and not makeing it about showing off his "designer duds", which anyone who can afford to own them does not give a hoot if someone else has the same, and anyone who can't probably wouldn't know how much it costs anyway, class is not about money, it's about behavior and attitude, and respect, at least that is my opinion.

My question to you is if you don't own a $75 sears suit, how would you know what one looks like and that it is "lower classy"? No slings or arrows, still trying to figure out why you quoted me.

Archived