Spirits and Liqueurs

RustaRoo

It is my understanding that liquor purchased in the Duty Free shop is held for you until the night prior to disembarkation - it is not available for you to consume in your cabin.

Liquor purchased from room service, however, IS available to you immediately.

Yes, the prices are in US dollars and are considerably higher than we pay in our local (Canadian) liquor stores.

This is a very helpful thread! Drinkers are always helpful, don't you think? :p

Are either the wine packages or liquor packages available for purchase after boarding, or only before through internet services?

Thanks - and cheers!

And as a second question, does anyone know what types of wine are given between the different packages. Is the Ambassador package worth the extra expense?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

If we order a bottle of Bombay Sapphire ahead of time, do we get tonic water with that? I don't want the gin & tonic package (its Beefeater's) because my husband prefers Bombany, but HAL's website doesn't mention any tonic water coming with the gin nor does it list on the gift site where we can order it (other than a soda card). Any tips? I would prefer not to pay $2 a can for tonic water, so can we even bring on our own? Thanks for your help!

I was looking at these today, and I popped onto wine.com to compare prices. The wines on the premium list that I could find that were listed on HAL's site are about $15-$20 each, and on the next step down package list, the wines were $10-$15 each. If you bring your own wine, HAL adds a $15/bottle corkage fee. BTW, a bottle of Veuve Cliqout Yellow Label is about $50, and a bottole of Mumm Cordon Rouge runs around $40 retail. When I ran the numbers, it makes sense to bring my own wine at $30/bottle ($15/wine plus corkage fee), but then there is the convienance factor. Decisions, decisions.

If you bring your own wine, you can usually get it for significantly less than retail, especially at trader joe's, costco, Beverages & More, etc. BevMo sells Veuve yellow label for $35. (So basically, the discount you can get off retail covers the corkage fee for a wine in this price range)

For those of you who want liquor that is not on HAL's list you must contact the ship services coordinator for the ship youre sailing on. He or she will contact the ship directly and arrange the delivery as long as its a product the ship has in its inventory. A quick call to ship services will get you his or her email address.

I found this idiotic. We ordered one of thoses packages of rum and coke while on board. We asked for diet coke instead of regular coke. Believe it or not we were told they could not do it. :rolleyes:

I wish the "Trinity" was around to answer this one.

Archived