What NOT to forget...

argoisin

I thought it might be fun to come up with list of things that we commonly forget about taking with us. Maybe specific to cruising as opposed to our regular vacationing. Anything goes. I'm trying to come up with a last minute 'Oh, Yea...' shopping list.

I thought it might be fun to come up with list of things that we commonly forget about taking with us. Maybe specific to cruising as opposed to our regular vacationing. Anything goes. I'm trying to come up with a last minute 'Oh, Yea...' shopping list.

Let me see..

Sunscreen atleast a 50 spf

Cheap Wal-mart Straw Hat...

A good laxative :D

Imodium AD

A cheap digital clock

Power strip

A pair of sun shades.

Tylenol

extra Camera Memory

A positive Atitude and sense of adventure

Smokes

on a more serious note.. Don't get too bogged down in what you don't have, concentrate more on what you have and what you will need to get you thru your trip.. the rest you can buy on the ship..

clothes pins.....hand your bathing suit up in the bathroom or hose, or to attach it to the balcony chair so it doesn't blow off.

duct tape.........a hundred uses

night light.......especially if you are in an inside cabin

rain coat or poncho.....they come in handy

bungee cord

highlighter pen

grocery card or hotel room key card........for opening and closing the safe

Insulated mugs (coffee in am, tea in the afternoon, drink in the evening as I like my drink covered when I dance and it is left alone and water in the room at night)

Air freshner (for the small Bathroom)

Post it notes (if traveling with others to leave notes with the kids I bring walkie talkies)

Aloe Vera (when you don't apply the 50 block often enough)

Small change for tips ( I like 2 dollar bills)

Water Cameras (much cheaper to bring then buy on ship)

Snorkel equiptment and water shoes ( I don't like used snorkels)

Smile and a "no problem mon" attitude (it is your vacation, enjoy it)

Tylenol, motrin and any other OTC meds along with RX meds

I like to bring those foam can holders. They really help to keep drinks colder longer, and they hold bottles & regular drink glasses too. Mmmm, makes me thirsty thinking about it:D

ps a thing about searching. I wouldn't spend too much time doing it. You come accross threads that get so off topic it winds up wasting your time. A thread like this asks for multiple opinions, however, other topics simply ask a question & then everyone has to answer & add thier experience when 1 simple answer would suffice. Not trying to be mean to those posters but it makes searching a pain. Plus I myself enjoy current threads even if they are old ideas :)

Candles for those romantic evenings in your room, your own personal iron so you don't have to wait in those long lines in the laundry room, extra disposal diapers since Carnival doesn't require swim diapers, smuggle as much booze as you can get away with in your carry on (its OK, really), and bail money if you decide to buy some of that whacky tobacky in Jamaica mon. I am probably missing a few things, but I'm sure others will remind you.

Candles for those romantic evenings in your room, your own personal iron so you don't have to wait in those long lines in the laundry room, extra disposal diapers since Carnival doesn't require swim diapers, smuggle as much booze as you can get away with in your carry on (its OK, really), and bail money if you decide to buy some of that whacky tobacky in Jamaica mon. I am probably missing a few things, but I'm sure others will remind you.

ROFLAO

hairbrush (comb), deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste,:rolleyes: ***** ladies,:eek: mother nature never goes on vacation, sorry for the guys reading this, but they said anything goes.:o Pantyhose for the ladies if needed with formal wear, they only sold the really small size on our ship, charger for the video camera,extra discs, tape, whichever your camera uses, extra batteries (better to have re-chargeable so ya don't have to bother),a few clothes, sunscreen, aloe in case you don't put it on as you should, and a relaxed attitude. Can't think of one thing we wished we had remembered, we had all we needed. P.S.- Whatever ya do, don't forget your docs, i.d/passports, and airline info

Another thing that I've forgotten in the past is a white dress shirt to wear with my suit on formal nights. Luckily I had another shirt that sufficed...but it's impossible to find long sleeve (or short sleeve) oxford shirts in Mexico!

Let me see..

Sunscreen atleast a 50 spf

Cheap Wal-mart Straw Hat...

A good laxative :D

Imodium AD

A cheap digital clock

Power strip

A pair of sun shades.

Tylenol

extra Camera Memory

A positive Atitude and sense of adventure

Smokes

on a more serious note.. Don't get too bogged down in what you don't have, concentrate more on what you have and what you will need to get you thru your trip.. the rest you can buy on the ship..

Okay - this is the second time I've heard someone suggest to bring a "power strip".....what for?

Mary

clothes pins.....hand your bathing suit up in the bathroom or hose, or to attach it to the balcony chair so it doesn't blow off.

duct tape.........a hundred uses

night light.......especially if you are in an inside cabin

rain coat or poncho.....they come in handy

bungee cord

highlighter pen

grocery card or hotel room key card........for opening and closing the safe

Can you tell me what the story is with the "grocery card or hotel room key card" for opening and closing the safe?

Mary:confused:

There are only three things that you cannot do without on a cruise.

Proper ID

A source of payment, either cash or credit cards

and

Prescription meds

Everything else can be found at your departure port or at most ports of call.

The power strip is for all the electronics. There is one outlet in most rooms and one for shavers only in the bathroom. We bring it for our hair dryers (do not like the ones in the room if they have one) curling iron/hot rollers, cd clock radio (like to listen to music while getting ready for dinner and I have to know what time it is in the middle of the night) Charging cell phones/batteries/video games for the kids and such. It just makes life so much easier. I leave it always in my suitcase when I get home so I know where it is on the next cruise.

Did you say you iron your clothes in the room? READ YOUR LIST OF NO NO'S. It says no irons. I want to be informed of all your cruises, so that I don't have to worry about burning up at sea. I value my life and DH much more than neatly pressed clothes.

It's called sarcasm.

Did you say you iron your clothes in the room? READ YOUR LIST OF NO NO'S. It says no irons. I want to be informed of all your cruises, so that I don't have to worry about burning up at sea. I value my life and DH much more than neatly pressed clothes.

You should try to use the sarcastic emoticon when typing sarcasm, since it's harder to detect in type than when you're speaking sarcastically. Sorry, it's just that I couldn't tell you were sarcastic either until you pointed it out, and got the joke.

:rolleyes: <--- this one

Archived