Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Hi: Has anyone sailed w/ Darin Wynn on any ship? Any feedback is appreciated. Our first NCL on Jewel 10-30? A good CD can make a world of difference...

Thanks in advance.

Darin has left the Jewel for vacation....Que is the current CD

Also...Julian has returned from vacation....John O'Hara is currently off the ship until mid-December.

Darin has left the Jewel for vacation....Que is the current CD

Also...Julian has returned from vacation....John O'Hara is currently off the ship until mid-December.

I don't know where you got that Julien is back from vacation, as he sailed his first cruise as HD of the Celebrity Summit last weekend.

Al

Here are a couple of names I remember from our October 3rd cruise:

Hotel Director: Brian Walters

Concierge: Florentina Popa

Cruise Director: Denny Anderson

This are the same folks who did the final cruise, along with Captain Ronny Borg and of course Klaus in civilian clothes and not a uniform.

In case anyone was wondering, Denny Anderson is being retired with the ship, and not by his choice. I forgot to ask Brian Walters where he was going, but did hear Denny say that Brian was with NCL for 31 years and assume he has another assignment pending. Florentina will be going home to Romania for 2.5 months to see her baby, and then joining the Jade in the Mediterranean for the next 6 months.....

The best Cruise Director by far that I have ever encountered on any cruise is Paul Baya. He was on the Dawn in July of 04 and made this cruise our most memorable one. My sister was dying from cancer and we did a sister/daughter cruise (there were 13 of us). Without going into lengthy details, because of the treatment NCL gave us, we will never sail with them again, but because of Paul, my sister's 3 daughters have the most wonderful memories of the last vacation they had with their mother. He was attentive and made sure we had a great time, in spite of NCL. If you get him as your Cruise Director, you are lucky. He is not one of those cruise directors that you don't even know what they look like. You just assume they have one. Paul is involved in everything and will make sure you have a good time. I can't say enough about him and I will always be grateful to him for what he did for us.

Mary (Conor's Grandma)

I second a few posters ago that said Paul Baya is an excellent Cruise Director. He was on the Norwegian Jewel in 2007 and actually got off the ship on our sailing and he was incredible! :D

Can someone help me track down who the Hotel Directors are on the Norwegian Sky and the Norwegian Jewel?

I'm wondering where Frank Hasenwinkel went from the Spirit? I thought he went to the Sky but I read somewhere that the Hotel Director is different. Frank went above and beyond on the Spirit cruise in May and his attention to detail is amazing. Would love to see him on one of the upcoming sailings I have.

Thanks in advance for replies... if you know what ship Frank is on or the one Paul is on or who is on the ships I'm going on is all helpful! :)

I just got off the Spirit and Frank was still the Hotel Director on there (the German guy with glasses, right?). Not sure when his contract might be up or anything like that, but he was still on the Spirit a week ago.

Paul Scally was our cruise director on the Spirit, and I thought he was great! He has a pretty wild sense of humor and his British accent somehow seems to make everything he says even funnier. We saw him around the ship quite a lot making sure everything was running smoothly. Oh yeah, he's also very nice to look at. ;)

I just got off the Spirit and Frank was still the Hotel Director on there (the German guy with glasses, right?). Not sure when his contract might be up or anything like that, but he was still on the Spirit a week ago.

Paul Scally was our cruise director on the Spirit, and I thought he was great! He has a pretty wild sense of humor and his British accent somehow seems to make everything he says even funnier. We saw him around the ship quite a lot making sure everything was running smoothly. Oh yeah, he's also very nice to look at. ;)

Thanks for the information! Good to know Frank is still on the Spirit. Hopefully he'll be back on the Spirit this upcoming May when it comes back to Boston for the Bermuda run then! I could have sworn he said he was doing the Sky out of Miami at some point this year. Maybe he meant he was taking time off to go to his home in Miami and I misheard it. :o

Paul Scally... he's got some funny punch lines but I was miffed he didn't do Fountains during the crew talent show. I look so forward to that because EVERY time it's different and hilarious! :cool:

Thanks again for the reply! :D

It has been reported that John O'Hara is the HD on the Jewel, for the relocation due in Miami tomorrow. I am sure the folks getting off, will report the latest.

Al

Ah, that answers why I haven't seen anyone talking about the Western Caribbean cruises on the Jewel yet so those reports will be coming in soon then! Thanks for the info! :D

Your welcome. Also, Frank was on the Sky as a sub this past May, so you did understand him correctly. Funny, he introduced himself to us just after lunch the first day, and I told him he couldn't be a real HD, as he had hair. We got a good lauh over that.

Al

Your welcome. Also, Frank was on the Sky as a sub this past May, so you did understand him correctly. Funny, he introduced himself to us just after lunch the first day, and I told him he couldn't be a real HD, as he had hair. We got a good lauh over that.

Al

Al - That's funny you mentioned that he still had hair because now that I think about it, a lot of the directors onboard tend not to! The job may be just that stressful? :cool: So I wasn't hearing things either! Hope he ends up substituting on the Sky in January!! :D

It has been reported that John O'Hara is the HD on the Jewel, for the relocation due in Miami tomorrow. I am sure the folks getting off, will report the latest.

Al

Stephen Jacobson has taken over for John O'Hara. They were both aboard our Canada/New England cruise in October. I had a chance to talk to Mr. Jacobson, and I think he's going to be a very pro-active HD.

Anca Zamfir is the Jewel's concierge, and she's as wonderful as everyone here says she is!

Archived