Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

I know Karan is the Pearl as Concierge, and I believe Denis is the H&D. Anyone else know who the others on the Pearl are?

Actually Matthias Holz is the HD currently on the Pearl.

Tony Lockett returns as the F&B on Jan. 30th

I'm going to be said to miss Tony we sailed with him last year really nice guy

• 2 weeks later...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1134864&highlight=jewel+director

Thanks to a live post from "panamacruisin" and related thread from the Jewel, I did find some information I was looking for:

Hotel Director John O'Hara received some rave reviews, as did comedian Tim Kaminski (sp?). The Cruise Director's name is Paul. Maybe others can share more info, but this helped.

We were on the Dawn 1/24 - 1/29. 2010

Concierge was Anshuman and our Butler was Akhmad

Superb performance of duties and courteous without exception

Consider ourselves very fortunate to have met them.

Future concierges and butlers may not appreciate our elevated expectations now that we have been so well treated.:D

FYI (copied from a recent post)

It's been a month since anyone posted updates on this thread. Anyone have any information they would like to share? I saw one specific request from someone asking if Julie Valeroite (sp?) is still the CD on the Pearl, and how long she might be there.

FYI: There are lots of CC'ers who like to follow certain key staff members, and many more who like to know in advance which ones will be on their cruise. This thread is very helpful in that regard, and is so because of the cooperation of those who post after they return from their cruise.

Thanks

Julie is still the CD on the Pearl as of last week. She is fairly new on the ship as Shona (from Seattle was on the ship in November). I liked Julie and Shona. They are somewhat similar. Two years ago we had Simon on the Pearl. I know lots of people like him but he drove me nuts. I wouldn't book a cruise if he was on it just because of his voice on the PA system would drive me overboard. I really liked Matt Baker on the Sky in August and last year I liked whoever was on the Jewel. Can't remember his name but remember thinking, "Oh this is so much better than Smashing Simons voice on the Pearl." I did hear that Simon was going on the Epic.

We must have had a different Karam. He was by far the worst concierge we have ever had.

Was yours named Karam or Karan?

Karan Arora was our Concierge on the Pearl. He is being called to the Epic for it's maiden voyage.

By far, among the best we've had.

We must have had a different Karam. He was by far the worst concierge we have ever had.

We know already. Your last 4 posts, dating back to December, are the same thing. Talk about single handedly beating a dead horse. :confused:

What do you hope to accomplish by continually complaining about Karan, while most everyone else here sings his praises?

PE

Hi All... As there are often people who are interested in who is on each ships crew, here is a current list that I would appreciate your help with in keeping the names up to date.

Please let me know who was on the crew from your recent NCL cruises.

Pearl

Captain

Cruise Director - Julie

Concierge - Karan Arora

Hotel Director - Matthias Holz

Exec. Chef

Butlers

Epic

Cruise Director - Simon*

Concierge - Karan Arora*

Dawn

Concierge - Anshuman

Butlers - Akhmad

Jewel

Cruise Director - Paul

Hotel Director - John O'Hara

Gem

Cruise Director - Andy Steinhauser

Concierge - Ryan Rabe

Hotel Director - Prem Kannikkara

Butlers - Aries Atienza

Sky

Captain - Roger Gustavsen

Cruise Director - Paul Baya

Concierge - Virginia Dionisio

Hotel Director - Sean Wurmhoeringer

Exec. Chef - Colin Hudson

Butlers

Jade

Star

Sky

Sun

Pride

Ryan Rabe-To the Pearl on 3/10

Ryan Rabe will be on the Pearl on 3/20/10. Food and beverage director is Tony Lockett as of Jan. 30 2010.

Prem is HD on the Spirit until end of March and back to Spirit 1st week in May.

Hi All... As there are often people who are interested in who is on each ships crew, here is a current list that I would appreciate your help with in keeping the names up to date.

Please let me know who was on the crew from your recent NCL cruises.

Pearl

Captain

Cruise Director - Julie

Concierge - Karan Arora

Hotel Director - Matthias Holz

Exec. Chef

Butlers

Epic

Cruise Director - Simon*

Concierge - Karan Arora*

Dawn

Concierge - Anshuman

Butlers - Akhmad

Jewel

Cruise Director - Paul

Hotel Director - John O'Hara

Gem

Cruise Director - Andy Steinhauser

Concierge - Ryan Rabe

Hotel Director - Prem Kannikkara

Butlers - Aries Atienza

Sky

Captain - Roger Gustavsen

Cruise Director - Paul Baya

Concierge - Virginia Dionisio

Hotel Director - Sean Wurmhoeringer

Exec. Chef - Colin Hudson

Butlers

Jade

Star

Sky

Sun

Pride

Ryan Rabe-To the Pearl on 3/10

I have a couple of updates.

Gem

CD - Andy Steinhauser left 2/3/10 for vacation and said he was then going to the Pearl

HD - Prem Kainikkara left 1/23/10 and after a vacation is going to the Spirit and the new HD on the Gem is Filippo (not sure spelling is correct)

Star

CD - Ray Carr scheduled to be on the Star until 5/1 then vacation.

Yes the crew tends to move around and it is hard to keep track but that is why I love this thread. I will say Butlers are harder because each ship has more than one.

Does anyone know who is currently the CD and Concierge on the Gem?

I have a couple of updates.

Gem

CD - Andy Steinhauser left 2/3/10 for vacation and said he was then going to the Pearl

HD - Prem Kainikkara left 1/23/10 and after a vacation is going to the Spirit and the new HD on the Gem is Filippo (not sure spelling is correct)

Star

CD - Ray Carr scheduled to be on the Star until 5/1 then vacation.

Thanks leestar! I was wondering who would be the CD. Hopefully Ray Carr will add that extra enthusiastic spark to our cruise in March. Did you talk to him to find out that he would be there until May 1? Is he a good CD?

Archived