Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Supposedly its Carlos.....I don't know him, but people rave about him. We'll be on the Jewel right before you.

Hi Rich:

Carlos Zarate was our Concierge on our "Family" to Bermuda on the Majesty in 2005, and he was terrific. He made it a point to come to our cabin everyday, to see how we were doing. If we weren't there, he'd leave a note. Because it was an old ship, it did have a few "environmental" problems, and he took care of each one promptly.

As we were disembarking, our DIL realized she had left her glasses on their bed's headboard. Though we were off the ship at that time, Carlos was there saying his goodbyes, so we mentioned the problem. He called HK and had someone check the cabin, but the glasses were not there. Carlos was quite confident they would turn up, and took our phone number promising to call as soon as he had something to report. He did call to inform us they were found, and gave us a couple of options. The one we chose was the quickest route, as a trusted guest offerred to mail them to us the day they disembarked upon their return to Boston. The glasses had a nice return trip to Bermuda and back at no charge, and arrived back in Connecticut a week later, safe and sound!!

We'd love to sail with him again!!

Hope all is well!! We just returned from our annual two weeks at Cape Cod, and other than some concerns with our granddaughter that needed some follow up surgery to battle an infection, things are settling down. We'd like to return to Bermuda on the 10/4 Dawn cruise, but have yet to book.

Go Yankees!! Another "Broom" weekend would be great, but I'll settle for 2 0f 3!!

Tom

Hi Rich:

Carlos Zarate was our Concierge on our "Family" to Bermuda on the Majesty in 2005, and he was terrific. He made it a point to come to our cabin everyday, to see how we were doing. If we weren't there, he'd leave a note. Because it was an old ship, it did have a few "environmental" problems, and he took care of each one promptly.

As we were disembarking, our DIL realized she had left her glasses on their bed's headboard. Though we were off the ship at that time, Carlos was there saying his goodbyes, so we mentioned the problem. He called HK and had someone check the cabin, but the glasses were not there. Carlos was quite confident they would turn up, and took our phone number promising to call as soon as he had something to report. He did call to inform us they were found, and gave us a couple of options. The one we chose was the quickest route, as a trusted guest offered to mail them to us the day they disembarked upon their return to Boston. The glasses had a nice return trip to Bermuda and back at no charge, and arrived back in Connecticut a week later, safe and sound!!

We'd love to sail with him again!!

Hope all is well!! We just returned from our annual two weeks at Cape Cod, and other than some concerns with our granddaughter that needed some follow up surgery to battle an infection, things are settling down. We'd like to return to Bermuda on the 10/4 Dawn cruise, but have yet to book.

Go Yankees!! Another "Broom" weekend would be great, but I'll settle for 2 of 3!!

Tom

Thanks Tom......We are looking forward to meeting Carlos..The 10/4 Dawn wont be happening for us, its too close to the end of our Jewel Repo..

Loretta and I wish everyone the best...Sweep would be nice, I'm with you 2 of 3 would be OK....I assume you saw the magazine article, you celebrity !!! :D

Thanks Tom......We are looking forward to meeting Carlos..The 10/4 Dawn wont be happening for us, its too close to the end of our Jewel Repo..

Loretta and I wish everyone the best...Sweep would be nice, I'm with you 2 of 3 would be OK....I assume you saw the magazine article, you celebrity !!! :D

Yes I did: I missed it until we returned, as I only had 15 min. at the library to check my email, and didn't do it that often. I've never done that before, but the cottage we rented was directly across the street from the library.

Most of the info came via an hour or so telephone Q & A, so everything that appeared wasn't exactly as I would have written it. Overall, I think

Fran did a nice job. Among her "assignments" is writing for WickedLocal.com in Boston, and while we were on the Cape, I saw reference to Wickedlocalcapecod.com, or something like that. I haven't checked it out, but will do so right now.

I think I may have posted something similar previously about Carlos being on your cruise, but did want to repeat for others.

GOOD EVENING RECENT SPIRIT SAILORS!

Do any of you remember who the Concierge and Butler's were if you had one of the Suite Cabins on the SPIRIT? We'll be aboard the SPIRIT in two weeks and wondered if they were any of the same people that helped us on our past cruises.

Debjo

Carlos is a pretty good concierge and is certainly competent, but there definitely are better, like Ruthie Haggar, Simone Weigel, Alex Forbes, and the former Concierge, Claudio Shulze (?). We LOVE Ruthie but Simone even more, if possible. Still, with Carlos you won't have any problems.

Just got off the Jade, Ruth Hagger was still the concierge. She was wonderful. We did this cruise without booking any excursions, and she was always extremely helpful about suggesting things to do, how to get to them, etc. She even suggested renting a car in Livorno to drive to Lucca and Pisa. We had never thought about doing that, and we had a great time. Didn't have to worry about train schedules, being rushed or spending more time than we wanted on an excursion, all we had to worry about was finding our way back to the car rental place in time to get back to the ship before all aboard.

Do any of you remember who the Concierge and Butler's were if you had one of the Suite Cabins on the SPIRIT? We'll be aboard the SPIRIT in two weeks and wondered if they were any of the same people that helped us on our past cruises.

Debjo

When we were on the Spirit in July the concierge was Belkys Sanchez. Sorry, don't know who the butlers were.

We recently booked the Dawn to Bermuda on 10/4/2009. Snorklin'Barb has been on the Dawn many times, so asked her for an update on "who's who" on the Dawn.

Here's some notes from her post:

Hugo is back as HD and the same for Alain (F & B). John the CD will be leaving soon and Shona will be on for 10/4. We met her briefly (haven't sailed with her) and she got very good reviews on the Dawn before.

Besides the 3 main production shows, Greg Gleason (seems like he's been living on the ship the last few yrs!!) will be on doing his excellent magic show (he also does an amazing memory seminar one afternoon). Bernie Martini is on, singing and playing piano and Dave Heenan still on as comedian. They've added a Big Band Night show with Bernie & Dave featured up in Spinnaker's lounge.

Another Dawn favorite, the Barbadian duo Fire & Ice, will still be on. They get rave reviews. The Tina Turner revue is SRO in Dazzles. You can dance there and they always draw a big crowd.

I'm not familiar with them but a "pop" group called Next Stage is on.

Thanks Barb for the info!!

Someone was looking for the HD on the Dawn; Hugo Vanosmael has been on vacation and is either back or will return soon. The question also aske about the Dawn's concierge, which I may have seen but do not recall off hand. I will try to find it.

Debjo

Erlindo was our butler in July along with Belkys as the concierge. (I wish I was going on the Spirit again:mad:)

Hi Tom' date='

Anshuman is currently the concierge until Sept. 27th. Anoop will take over as concierge.

Hugo is back in action for sure!

John Ibrahim is CD for now but by the time you and I sail on the Dawn it will be Shona.[/quote']

Hi, does anyone know who is the CD on NCL Jewel sailing on 10-30-09 NY to FL Repo? TIA

Anything new out there from some recent cruises??

How about "Don't Miss" entertainers?

Our favorite singing group is the Ironics, who we rarely missed performing on at least 4 of our cruises. Anyone seen them lately??

The Ironics weren't on the Dawn as of last week

Gleason Magic left on Sunday.

Check out Bernie Martini. Dave Heenan says he will be a star. He is usually in Gatsbys

Dave will be on vacation when you sail.

There is a new cast JAR shows. The old cast left on Sunday. Bollywood has been reworked.

Fire & Ice are a must see in Dazzles along with Next Stage.

They have brought back the Officers Table Hosting. We had a great dinner with Hugo.

The new menus have a good selection and the food was excellent.

Anshuman is leaving on Sunday 9/27 and Anoop is replacing him.

Shona is the CD.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

The Ironics weren't on the Dawn as of last week

Gleason Magic left on Sunday.

Check out Bernie Martini. Dave Heenan says he will be a star. He is usually in Gatsbys

Dave will be on vacation when you sail.

There is a new cast JAR shows. The old cast left on Sunday. Bollywood has been reworked.

Fire & Ice are a must see in Dazzles along with Next Stage.

They have brought back the Officers Table Hosting. We had a great dinner with Hugo.

The new menus have a good selection and the food was excellent.

Anshuman is leaving on Sunday 9/27 and Anoop is replacing him.

Shona is the CD.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Thanks Monty, as this is the type of post that would be helpful for every ship, every so often.

As for the Ironics, they haven't been on the Dawn in a long time, and the last time we saw them was on the Jewel in Oct. 2005. I've lost track of them of late, but would be interested in hearing where they might be.

Archived