Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Tony told us about that! So you're the one! :D I always keep in touch with him (though he's on vacation now and his alt. email isn't working). I'm hoping he's having so much fun, he hasn't had time or desire to check emails!:cool:

Someone on this thread asked the importance of who's on the various sailings...we LOVE sailing with "old" friends. I think that life on ships is very intriguing...the ports, the people, their homes. I never tire of visiting with crew-members. Once on the Star, Tony had to give a kitchen tour to a culinary professor from UC San Francisco and invited me along. We walked from the bottom of the ship up to see everything to do with food and beverage!! It was one of my most memorable cruising experiences by far! We treasure his friendship and always wish him the very best because he does his very best for so many people! :D

Guilty! :) Tony's a lot of fun but he runs a tight ship!

We first heard about the Green Flash on the WindStar years ago. We saw a beautiful one on the Dream back in 2003 from the Terraces. We saw one on the Jewel and a few others.

You have to have the sun setting on the sea, and no clouds on the horizon--many times it looks like you'll get one and, as the sun is setting clouds will show up.

Photographing it is much MUCH harder!

With less than a month to go before our Spirit cruise, I was wondering if anyone recently off the Spirit had any updated info, including the current Hotel Director who may be filling in for Sean at this time.

Guilty! :) Tony's a lot of fun but he runs a tight ship!

We first heard about the Green Flash on the WindStar years ago. We saw a beautiful one on the Dream back in 2003 from the Terraces. We saw one on the Jewel and a few others.

You have to have the sun setting on the sea, and no clouds on the horizon--many times it looks like you'll get one and, as the sun is setting clouds will show up.

Photographing it is much MUCH harder!

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize how hard they were to see let alone capture! Very exciting for you guys, I now see!!!!! I could see it was beautiful...just didn't realize how rare!

Just got an email from Tony...he was in Portugal and is now back home! Wow what climate extremes! Ahhhh the culture, though!

BTW, Our family has had Belgian Tevurens since I was a child! What great dogs! We are now into rescued Pit mixes (which are also amazing!!!). How's your new Belgian shepard doing?! They can be rascals!!!!!!

Over the past several years I've cruised on NCL an average of once ot twice a year -- not a lot, but often enough to become acquainted with (usually) the Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Concierge, and occasionally the F & B Director on the various ships/cruises. With only a few exceptions, I've enjoyed getting to know these folks and have looked forward to crossing paths again on future NCL cruises.

Thinking it would be nice to know which C.D., H.D., or Concierge is going to be on an upcoming cruise, I've asked NCL's reservations office if they know who will be on a specific cruise -- and always inquire only a week or so before sailing because these positions change personnel frequently, as individuals go on vacation, etc. However, no one I've spoken to has been able to identify the names of any senior staff *currently* assigned to a given ship, irrespective of how much longer they will be working on that ship. I am about to give it up as a lost cause. Is there any way to access such information that I've overlooked?

Thanks!

I'm interested too. We are sailing on the Spirit in a couple weeks.

Now we really liked the lady we had on the Dream a number of years ago, she was the concierge.

I mentioned to Karin, our concierge on the Sun how nice it would be if NCL posted this somewhere on their site or if you could call and find out. She said she doesn't see that happening since reassiggnments can be last-minute. She said that has happened to her a few times. BTW loved her!

Hearing first hand from fellow CC's is probably our best bet!!!! I, for one, will post when we get home from the Pearl on May 8th! Food and Bev. manager should be Anthony Lockett....I'll let you all know.

Keeping this thread alive would be helpful for everyone!

Hearing first hand from fellow CC's is probably our best bet!!!! I, for one, will post when we get home from the Pearl on May 8th! Food and Bev. manager should be Anthony Lockett....I'll let you all know.

Keeping this thread alive would be helpful for everyone!

I think Tony will be on vacation until 5/31. I heard that Michael from the Star may relieve him. Michael is a great guy, too.

I think Tony will be on vacation until 5/31. I heard that Michael from the Star may relieve him. Michael is a great guy, too.

Swedish, I am sure Tony will be back on the Pearl for the Panama Canal cruise which is the end of April! We were going to see him for lunch in LA on May 3rd but decided to actually board for the cruise to Vancouver instead!:D Much, much more fun!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Swedish, I am sure Tony will be back on the Pearl for the Panama Canal cruise which is the end of April! We were going to see him for lunch in LA on May 3rd but decided to actually board for the cruise to Vancouver instead!:D Much, much more fun!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Subject: RE: Looking at May 31 on the Pearl

Date: Jan 22, 2009 6:46 PM

That is perfect that will be my first cruise after my vacation Best Regards, Tony Lockett | Food & Beverage DirectorFbdir26@ncl.com

I didn't realize it had been that long since Tony told me that.They probably changed his schedule. I hope he is still there on 5/31.It has been a couple of years since we have seen him. Bill

BTW, Our family has had Belgian Tevurens since I was a child! What great dogs! We are now into rescued Pit mixes (which are also amazing!!!). How's your new Belgian shepard doing?! They can be rascals!!!!!!

He's doing really well, still learning the ropes but is eager to please and has mastered the Belgian "lean". We've only had Tervs until him--he's the first Groenendael. The kids LOVE playing with him and he with them, and he sleeps by our bed. He gets into stuff once in a while, but he's still really a puppy at 10 months, though nearly full size. He's not really a mischievous dog by nature, just full of energy. He's no different than a Tervuren, but the all-black coat makes him VERY hard to see in the dark.

Bill, don't worry, Tony will be on May 31st still!:cool:

No Pirates, I'm glad you got a good one!!! Yup, at 10 months they are still "teenagers!" A friend of ours had a terv who would open the refrigerator and help himself! Our kids are now grown and I would find it difficult to keep either a Belgian shepard or terv busy enough anymore!

With less than a month to go before our Spirit cruise, I was wondering if anyone recently off the Spirit had any updated info, including the current Hotel Director who may be filling in for Sean at this time.

I did get the answer to my question about HD Sean Wurmhoeringer, as he is scheduled to return late May.

I can't remember who the Hotel Director is but Karan is the Concierge. His contract was extended involuntarily but he didn't mind. He's also staying on the Spirit for another contract.

Just heard from Erika (concierge on Pearl) this morning that she will be signing off the Pearl tomorrow and heading to the Spirit. Karan will be replacing her.

Where do you hear this info? I have been trying to find out who the concierge will be on the Star June 6th and no one seems to know!

Where do you hear this info? I have been trying to find out who the concierge will be on the Star June 6th and no one seems to know!

Some cruisers have become friends with the concierges and keep in touch with them through emails. :)

Just heard from Erika (concierge on Pearl) this morning that she will be signing off the Pearl tomorrow and heading to the Spirit. Karan will be replacing her.

Oh, no!! We are sailing the Pearl in September, through the Canal, and I am heartsick! Dh and I were on the Sun a year ago, and loved her. We were so looking forward to seeing her again. Will her husband be onboard also? The Spirit is lucky, HD Sean appears to be on it now, too. Oh well, you can't win them all!

Helen

Lin,

I was told by Denis Prguda (HD) that Erika would be staying through our cruise. If your information is indeed true I am going to be the happiest cruiser on earth. Karan is a very dear friend and we have not seen him in a couple of years.

PE

Oh, no!! We are sailing the Pearl in September, through the Canal, and I am heartsick! Dh and I were on the Sun a year ago, and loved her. We were so looking forward to seeing her again. Will her husband be onboard also? The Spirit is lucky, HD Sean appears to be on it now, too. Oh well, you can't win them all!

Helen

Never fear - Karan will bend over backwards to take care of you! We booked the Pearl for March of 2010 to see if the concierge and HD are as good as the ones on the Spirit (Karan and Sean), but would that not be absolutely hysterical if not one but both were on the Pearl for our next NCL cruise??? That would be too funny. Those two absolutely made our cruise!

Never fear - Karan will bend over backwards to take care of you! We booked the Pearl for March of 2010 to see if the concierge and HD are as good as the ones on the Spirit (Karan and Sean), but would that not be absolutely hysterical if not one but both were on the Pearl for our next NCL cruise??? That would be too funny. Those two absolutely made our cruise!

The Hotel Director on the Pearl is Denis Prguda. You will find him to be absolutely charming and incredibly adept at his job.

PE

Archived