Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

• 2 years later...

I know this thread has been inactive for a long time, but thought it might be interesting to wake it up. I haven't been too active on the board for awhile, myself, but always liked to read similar threads in the past. I happened to come across this one searching for Laura Borut, so thought it would be appropriate to note that she is currently at home, in between assignments. I understand she was last seen on the Sky, and may return there in March.

We have had the pleasure of her service a number of times since first meeting her on the Dawn in 2004. A lovely young woman who's Maitre' D service is outstanding, but is surpassed by her personality. We last saw her on the Gem in January of 2008.

I've heard rumour that Simone may be heading over to the Star.......

Simone is on the Star...and she is FABULOUS!!

We are sailing on the Star June 6th. and have been told she will be on vacation for our sailing and will return the next week...darn!:(

Is there any way to find out who will be on our sailing? The ships coordinator said she would let me know when she knew...but I haven't heard a thing.

Anyone know who is the CD on the Spirit?

I don't, but would like to, though whoever it is may not still be there when we go on May 1st.

I do know the current Hotel Director is excellent, Sean Wurmhoeringer. He has spent many cruises with Klaus Lugmaier over the years, and it shows!!

We first met Sean on the Dawn in 2003 when he was the Asst F&B manager and James Deering was HD. We met Sean again years later on the Pearl and we're thrilled that he's become an HD and has his own ship. He's unfailingly polite and has a great personality........

Simon was on the Pearl a year ago and we didn't care for him. He was the Romper Room type of director. In my opinion, I thought Simon was full of himself. I just hated hearing his voice on the speakers. To the best of my knowledge there was not an assistant cruise director or at least we never heard or saw that person.

Rich on on the Jewel a couple months ago and I really liked him. He was funny and obviously enjoyed his job. I also like the assistant cruise director a lot although she might consider a job in sales the way she always pushed the BINGO and raffle tickets.

Cruising on the Pearl again and hoping Simon will be on vacation.

Anyone know who is the CD on the Spirit?

Her name is Soozy or Soozey from Canada. I thought she was just okay - nothing outstanding. Now, the concierge, Karan, is amazing, as was Sean, the hotel director. The f&b director, Bernhard, is pretty good, too.

We had an amazing waiter, Christopher Laub, in the Garden Room. And the asst maitre d' in there, Edgar, is also wonderful. The head maitre d' - not so much. There is also another waiter in the Garden Room that we liked, and thought quite quirky - his name is Alexander from Columbia. We just called him the "Nummy Yummy Guy" because that's what he said if he asked us how something tasted and we responded that we really liked it. Also, Neomi in Cagney's at lunchtime was wonderful as well.

Her name is Soozy or Soozey from Canada. I thought she was just okay - nothing outstanding. Now, the concierge, Karan, is amazing, as was Sean, the hotel director. The f&b director, Bernhard, is pretty good, too.

We had an amazing waiter, Christopher Laub, in the Garden Room. And the asst maitre d' in there, Edgar, is also wonderful. The head maitre d' - not so much. There is also another waiter in the Garden Room that we liked, and thought quite quirky - his name is Alexander from Columbia. We just called him the "Nummy Yummy Guy" because that's what he said if he asked us how something tasted and we responded that we really liked it. Also, Neomi in Cagney's at lunchtime was wonderful as well.

We're really looking forward to the Spirit, and your words are very encouraging about the staff. I'm also enjoying the other staff updates, and note the thread has gotten about 300 hits today. Keep up the good work!! People can feel free to add notes about other staffers, including favorite entertainers.

We're really looking forward to the Spirit, and your words are very encouraging about the staff. I'm also enjoying the other staff updates, and note the thread has gotten about 300 hits today. Keep up the good work!! People can feel free to add notes about other staffers, including favorite entertainers.

Just know that they work on contracts of varying lengths, so some might have moved to another ship or be on their break by the time you get there. Also, the group coordinator, Bruce from South Africa, was a hoot. Very energetic and fun.

I LOVE Matt Baker...he singlehandedly converted me to NCL on a 1 nite cruise on the DAWM in May 2006..I currently have boked cruises numbered 12, 13, 14 & 15 because of him..I only sailed with him twice but each time was awesome...the rest of the CDs I can't even remember their names - not that they make or break a cruise..but it's fun to see them out and about not just the CD's staff... JMHO

Ravi and Anoop from the DAWN are the best butlers, IMHO

Anshuman (DAWN), Karan (SPIRIT) & Humberto (now on the SUN (maybe the STAR - I met him on the SPIRIT) are thre of the most FANTASTIC Concierges on the High Seas. I sailed with Anshuman on his very first try at Concierge - he was thrown into it literally at the last second - it was the 2007 repo cruise..he started the day as a butler and ended the day as Concierge of our sailing (due to broken ankle of the Concierge) - he stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park!! No everyone can do that...

His cousin KARAN - is well...let's just say he puts a smil on my face whenever I think of him...

and HUMBERTO, well..he is just indescribably delicous

on the "not so good" list...i.e. friends and I cruised on the GEM for NYE week..the resident Concierge was on vacation so they placed the Front Office Manager or some other title ( a woman) to step in....HELLO....we never ever saw her..she didn' return our calls - always had a voice mail on (YES we were in a suite and Platinum guests) the one time she did call back she couldn't help change a simple dinner reservation (yet the Restaurant Manger for the Great Outdoors was able to do it!! hmm)..anyway -

I blame the HD for that because if you have not trained the personnel for the job they shouldn't do it....especially for a job like Concierge - I did write to NCL about it

I didn't mean to vent and digress...

HD wise - I love KLAUS he was on that 2007 DAWN repo with us...wonderful guy. HUGO the current HD on the DAWN is fantastic as well

None of these people make or break my cruise expeience - I've been fortunate that in 12 years of cruising on 20 cruises I've never had a bad cruise..but..when you look forward to the experience and our experience with certain personnel - Matt, Karan, Hugo, etc. is incredible...then you come to expect it....

My experiences with NCL (and Carnival) crew/staff/officers has always been some of the best of my life.

It's like every other job..some people do it better than others....

GO NAVY!! later all...Marla

I wasn't the OP for this post but will jump in with my own inquiry -- I'm wondering who is currently serving as Concierge on the Dawn.

Many thanks, Flying Pirate (and also to Rosetta for raising the question).

Ryan Rabe, and he was awesome. We just got off the Dawn on Saturday.

With a bunch of cruises having ended in the past week or so, do any of you recent returnees have any updates along the lines of crew members, especially those who may have attended the Meet and Greets??

From the Dawn's 2/14 Sailing:

Hotel Director - Dwen

Executive Chef - Messiah

Group Coordinator - Melissa

Cruise Director - John

All were at our M&G as was the Captain (whose name escapes me), the 1st officer, and a few others.

Also, the current Concierge is Ryan Rabe. He was great to us.

With a bunch of cruises having ended in the past week or so, do any of you recent returnees have any updates along the lines of crew members, especially those who may have attended the Meet and Greets??

Just off the Gem 2/14

Concierge - Alex Forbes

CD - Ray Carr

Rest Mgr - Noel Chaves

F&B Dir - Mirsad Bucuk

AHD - Richard Janicki

HD - Prem Kainikkara

Cpt - Mikael Hilden

1/16: CD was Julie Valeria. She was a temp CD on this cruise - doing both the CD job and activities director jobs as regular CD, Jason?, had a home emergency (or something) and was not there On the 1/25 leg Jason was back for ONE night! Then, mysteriously, Julie was the CD for the rest of our 12 day cruise, and we far preferred her style and great personality anyway!! That girl can DANCE!!!

Anyone know the story on what happened to Jason? We were so busy on these cruises that I never heard any scuttlebutt!!

Hotel director was Armando Silva. We really liked him, and he always treated Larry and I GREAT (perhaps because we set up both CC meetings for both legs of our B2B?)

Concierges we used were Ruth and Danielle. Both did a great job for us. Danielle even set up a table for 12 of us CC folks for the last night of the cruise in the Grand Pacific! We were very pleased with all the staff, our wonderful room attendants, and the entertainers on our 21 day Jade adventure!

Just off the Gem 2/14

Concierge - Alex Forbes

CD - Ray Carr

Rest Mgr - Noel Chaves

F&B Dir - Mirsad Bucuk

AHD - Richard Janicki

HD - Prem Kainikkara

Cpt - Mikael Hilden

This is a great post, and an example of what would be nice to see posted and/or updated on a regular basis. I will make a point to find this thread when I return from our Spirit cruise in May, and post a similar summary, assuming there isn't an up to date version already.

Thanks!

From the Dawn's 2/14 Sailing:

Hotel Director - Dwen

Executive Chef - Messiah

Group Coordinator - Melissa

Cruise Director - John

All were at our M&G as was the Captain (whose name escapes me), the 1st officer, and a few others.

Also, the current Concierge is Ryan Rabe. He was great to us.

Thanks, Preds.

You getting enough snow up there??? ;) Grew up in Chautauqua County, so I know how it goes.

Who was your butler?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Caught the CNBC show from a financial perspective on the Norwegian Pearl, and saw Simon Murray for the first time. A much talked about Cruise Director, he reminded me of our last CD, Matt Baker on our 2008 Gem cruise. I find that Simon is still on the Pearl, while Matt is now on the NCL Sky. Matt is the "Wicky Wicky" guy.

Any other updates out there??

Anyone know who the Hotel Director is on the Spirit? When will Sean return?

I liked Soozy, she was very friendly and outgoing. She and I spoke on several occasions and she treated me like an old friend. You are right about Karan, he was AWESOME. He managed to get us into the Murder Mystery Dinner after it was fully booked and he greeted us by name every time he saw us. Monica (head fo restaurants) was very friendly and was all over that ship.

Archived