Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Hi, AdoptAtty! I contacted the Star's Group Event Coordinator (Jennifer) to set up a Meet & Greet for our cruise on May 30th. I asked her if she knew who was taking Simone's place and she indicated to me it would be

"Belkys Laos Sanchez". Has anyone heard of her or him???

THANKS! Finally, someone with an answer to this question!!!

Not sure if we ever heard of her/him. The name Sanchez sounds vagely familiar...it may be Simone's assistant????

Thank you, thank you!

FYI - some tid bits from a quick search:

We, too, found Belkys to be the most helpful person onboard the ship. She was always there to help with any requests we had.

Yep, Belkys our Concierge was fantastic.Very proffesional.

We were also on the same cruise with you and in a forward AD suite. I totally agree with your opinions of Belkys (she was absolutely the BEST)

The Concierge- Belkys was fantastic. What a wonderful asset she is to that ship. Very helpful and went out of her way to check on us.

Belkys is currently the concierge on the Sun (she was awesome for us, by the way).

Alex is the current Concierge joined the ship in late June but will be off the ship in August and on vacation. I imagine Ruth will return then. The real question is who will go to Germany to bring out the Pearl with Klaus as the HD.

Are you speaking of Alex Forbes? We were on the Gem with him in January. I have to tell you, the man is an unstoppable information and service machine! Alex got us into Teppanyaki at 6:30 at night only moments before we actually wanted to go. He was able to tell me when the Rocket Launch was happening out of Canaveral. He knew where the poor Dream was sitting. Since we've been off the Gem, he remains in contact with us, answering any questions we might have for him within 24 hours, often within 24 seconds. I have no one to compare him to, but other concierges would have to REALLY impress me to rate personally higher than Alex.

Now, about the Butler. On the Gem, we had a butler who's name was an unpronounceable string of consonants beginning with the letter T. Consequently, he went by "Mr. T." Mr. T was truly at our every beck and call. Whether it was finding those Latitude Pins for us (which are apparently becoming more and more scarce), to ringing the doorbell (I couldn't believe our cabin had a door bell, like, OMG) mere seconds after I placed a room service order.

I was truly spoiled by our concierge and butler on this last cruise on the Gem. And remember: as with the rest of the cruise, these people are only as good as you allow them to be. If you need something, ask them for it. If they can't help you, they'll find the right man to fix your problem. Everyone from the Captain on down to the guy who hauls your suitcase up to your room from the dock on embarkation day wants YOU to have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE. Cruise Director Ray Carr mentioned several times during the cruise, everyone on staff is aware that there are so many choices for your recreation dollar, they are SO appreciative when you choose to sail (and the sail again) on NCL.

And I Thank You.

JWK:Spoiled for life by Mr. T and Alex Forbes

My husband, mil and I are sailing on the Jade on 5/2 from Barcelona to Amsterdam. If anyone can fill us in on who might be our butler and/or concierge and any info about them it would be greatly apprciated. We're in 11018, an AB.

Thanks

I read that one of our two favorite bartenders, Gede, is currently on the Spirit. Anyone know how long he might be there??

How about our other favorite, Frankie, who we last sailed with in 2003 on the Dawn, and previously on the Star?

Thanks,

Tom

Going on the Pearl on May 17th... I contacted Simon to see if he will be onboard, but he said he will be on vacation and that we will have Julie Valeriote as our CD. Anyone know who is the current concierge?

Going on the Pearl on May 17th... I contacted Simon to see if he will be on board, but he said he will be on vacation and that we will have Julie Valeriote as our CD. Anyone know who is the current concierge?

We sail on the Spirit May 1st - can anyone confirm when Julie begins?

Does anyone know who the current FOOD & BEVERAGE DIRECTOR is on the SPIRIT? Last year, we met ORHAN GOZUTOK (from Turkey) at our Meet & Greet. He was the Food & Beverage Director then. He really made us feel welcome and was always checking in on us throughout our cruise. The royal treatment that he extended to everyone in our party made our decision to sail on the SPIRIT again very easy, and we booked our same cabins on the SPIRIT for 2009 as soon as we returned home.

A lot of the staff and crew members on the SPIRIT really seemed to go out of their way to make sure we had a great time last year. We were hoping to see many of them again when we sail on the SPIRIT this year. Sadly, it seems, after reading this thread, that many of them aren't currently with the ship, which surprises us. We're wondering where they all went?

Debjo

Unfortunately for you, the food and beverage man on the Spirit on our April 5 cruise was not your friend from Turkey but instead it was a man from Greece...

I wish we had your man from Turkey because this food and beverage director left a lot to be desired... as did the hotel director...

One of the reasons we started sailing NCL exclusively was because of the hotel directors, Denis, Hugo, Michael, Dallas, that we met at meet and greets. Also food and beverage director Tony Lockett is one of the most personable and charming man we have ever met... He went out of his way to check on us and see if we were enjoying ourselves...

Needless to say this didn't happen on the Spirit with Frank (hotel director) and Panos (food and beverage director).

We won't be sailing on any ships those two are ever on...

Also food and beverage director Tony Lockett is one of the most personable and charming man we have ever met... He went out of his way to check on us and see if we were enjoying ourselves...

I just heard from Tony he is back from vacation and on the Pearl. I also think he is the best.

Does anyone know who the current FOOD & BEVERAGE DIRECTOR is on the SPIRIT?

When we were on the Spirit in January, the F&B Director was Bernhard Schindler from Austria. I don't know if he'll be back on the Spirit by the time you sail.

Leaving May 1st on the Spirit, I have heard that Erika is the Concierge, and Paul Sally the Cruise Director. I am not familiar with either, but will try doing some searches. Frank Hasenwinkel is the hotel director, and he was great on our Majesty cruise in 2005.

Gordonchick, Could you find out who will be replacing Karan? He was our butler on the Gem and loved him, but we are sailing on the Pearl July 12. I was looking forward to seeing him again.

Karan said it's a guy named Ryan from the Philippines. He also said that Ryan was also a butler on the Gem with him.

Archived