Question: How full is the ship?

DaneViking

I know that I can use Celebrity's home page, but this will only give me a few available cabins in each category. Is there a smart way to get the overall picture of how full the ship will be for a particular sailing? Currently we are looking forward to Sep 23, Panama Canal :) .

I have noticed that some of you experienced (lots of cruises, lots of posts) board members always seem to know ;) . Can you enlighten me too?

- Thank you very much.

DaneViking

Look at the available cabin numbers. If they all seem to be forward and aft....the ship is full.

If this is the case DaneViking, then we seem to have a less than full ship. There seems to be quite a few 'midship' or close to 'midship' rooms available.

I can hardly wait! Less than 53 days before we leave! 57 until we board! Wahoo!

Look at the available cabin numbers. If they all seem to be forward and aft....the ship is full.

Okay, thank you very much. I just thought that maybe the was a magic web-site out there that everybody else but me knew of.

DaneViking

If this is the case DaneViking, then we seem to have a less than full ship. There seems to be quite a few 'midship' or close to 'midship' rooms available.

I can hardly wait! Less than 53 days before we leave! 57 until we board! Wahoo!

No, it could look like the ship is not going to be overcrowded :)

By the way... we received our cruise docs yesterday :D :D :D

DaneViking

Sorry, but that's incorrect. I just checked a sailing on Travelocity and it showed 3 cabins available in a category. I know in fact that there are more available.

Your travel agent can call the cruise line and get a feel for how full this ship is. Otherwise, the method of using Celebrity's site and entering specific cabin numbers is your best bet.

:confused: Why don't they just show all (or at least many more) availables? I cannot see why they shouldn't.

DaneViking

Hi Dane Viking !

I know you may think it makes sense for Cruise Lines to show all their cabins, but in reality, it is not in their best interest at all. They do not want you to get a feel of how full or empty a ship is, at any given time. In all honesty, I cannot blame them.

Think of it this way... would you play a game of Poker, and let all your opponents see your hand ? You probably would not win any hands that way.

There are ways to do it, but you have to decide how important it is for you to know, and how much time you want to put into it, to get your answers.

Good luck in your research !

Archived