Airline Boarding Passes

I do it all the time, it works great. However, it is pointless if you are checking-on baggage as you will just have to meet an agent at the terminal anyway.

I was planning to use curbside checkin for the bags. They have it for flights between JFK and SJU. Then we can go directly to the gates, with our boarding passes, correct?

Don't know about JFK, but flying from Washington Dulles to San Juan is considered "international" and they will not let you check your luggage curbside. Not sure why, but I stood in the line curbside only to be told to go inside.

The online check in assumes you have no checked baggage. If you need to check baggage, DO NOT use the online checkin. Use the curbside or the inside check in. With American, they also have kiosks for checking in, including checked luggage.

The online check in assumes you have no checked baggage. If you need to check baggage, DO NOT use the online checkin. Use the curbside or the inside check in. With American, they also have kiosks for checking in, including checked luggage.

Waaah, I am getting more confused:eek: I read our e-tickets very carefully and it positively encourages people to go to AA.com, nothing mentioned about baggage or not. Also, at the AA.com website it says that San Juan is considered a domestic flight, but St. Thomas is International. They make ya nuts, I tell ya.

From AA.com:

You are eligible to check in online:

• When traveling on an American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® electronic ticket in the United States,
    including Alaska and Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
  • Anytime from 30 hours to one hour prior to departure
  • For your return flight only after you have arrived at your destination

If you are checking bags, please visit our convenient Curbside Check-In.

So, you must have an electronic ticket, be traveling round trip, and not be checking bags. From the above rules, it looks as if you could check in for St Thomas, but if you want to check bags, you can not use this system. I would advise using the curbside or the kiosk, as they are just as convenient at the airport. The online simply saves you standing in line, both accomplished by curbside or the kiosk.

CMason, thank you for your reply. I don't mind doing curbside check in, or using the kiosk. It is the line from heck that is a mile long to meet with the ticket agent that I want to avoid at all costs. :eek:

Archived