Wind on Balcony in Vista Suite??

spuds

Hello,

We are thinking of a cruise next Spring or Fall (2007) to the Med and have been doing A LOT of reading on Oceania Cruises. I am looking at booking the Vista Suite (Deck 7) and was wondering if wind is a problem... can you sit out and enjoy the balcony while at sea? (on a normal sea day). Also, when you sit on the balcony can you actually see anything or do you have to stand?

Many Thanks in advance for your response - we look forward to giving Oceania a try.

Safe Travels!

The wind over the bow can be considerable, especially if the ship is moving at 14 knots into a 14 knot headwind! That's why the more desirable suites (as indicated by their price) are the Owners Suites, which face the stern. But the views are great - just try to get one on Deck 7 if you don't like deckhands peering into your veranda! :p

I for one would avoid the forward facing balconies.

Combine the wind speed and ships' speed, and the wind effect can be considerable.

That, plus the anchor noise and thruster vibration, would be very off-putting to me.

Hello,

We are thinking of a cruise next Spring or Fall (2007) to the Med and have been doing A LOT of reading on Oceania Cruises. I am looking at booking the Vista Suite (Deck 7) and was wondering if wind is a problem... can you sit out and enjoy the balcony while at sea? (on a normal sea day). Also, when you sit on the balcony can you actually see anything or do you have to stand?

Many Thanks in advance for your response - we look forward to giving Oceania a try.

HI THERE: 2 YEARS AGO WE TOOK THE REGATTA ON A BALTIC CRUISE. WE WERE IN A VISTA SUITE ON THE 7TH DECK (7004)

IT WAS WONDERFUL. I LOVE BEING IN THE VERY FRONT OF THE SHIP TO SEE WHERE WE ARE GOING. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING TO COME INTO EACH PORT. YOU WILL JUST LOVE IT.

IN FACT, THIS YEAR (2006-2007) WE ARE GOING TO BE ON THE NAUTICA'S CHRISTMAS/NEW YEARS CRUISE, THROUGH ASIA. WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE SAME SUITE AGAIN :)

PS I DONT REMEMBER ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE WIND. MAYBE IT'S THE TIME OF THE YEAR YOU SAIL. THE BALCONY WAS HUGE.

TAKE CARE NOW

HAPPY CRUISING :)

MYRA

We will be going on the Feb 5-20th HK / Bangkok cruise. This will be the third time that we have had the Vista Suite.... the last two times it was 6002--in Feb

it will be 7004. I really love the suites--and being in the front of the ship. Only problem with it the wind is when we leave the door open at night (I'm a fresh air freak) and it can get windy then. Didn't mind it during the day---sitting at the table for breakfast you are protected by the walls, and you CAN see the ocean while sitting at the table.

We didn't like the layout in the Presidental Suite as well...but I'm sure it is much less windy.

Anyway, I too think that you'll love the Vista Suites..

Bon Voyage

Jan S

We have done both OS and VS, last VS was back to back beijing to HK , and HK to Athens ending early may. no problem whatsoever regards wind when u sun bathe u are sheltered in front, but we never had a problem even when it looked dull!

In some ways VS is better than OS as it is nice to see where u are going as opposed to where u have been. only diff is the balcony being smaller and the layout in the wardrobes, but u do gain a large window not in OS.

Who cares I love them both, just returned yesterday from a QE2 cruise stayed in Q2 cat suite with own butler, I can say honestly it was junk compared to Oceania. One thing for sure we wont be with them again, but Oceania YES ANYTIME!!!!!

regards

JimGib

Archived