Hangers

sdear

I bring hangars because I'm lazy! I hate those "hotel" hangars that don't come off the closet rod - you know, the part that your clothes are hanging on comes out of the part that's hanging on the rod. I'm just too lazy and uncoordinated I guess - I have to use both hands to get the hanging part hooked back into the attached part. I know, I'm a moron....:p

I bring hangars because I'm lazy! I hate those "hotel" hangars that don't come off the closet rod - you know, the part that your clothes are hanging on comes out of the part that's hanging on the rod. I'm just too lazy and uncoordinated I guess - I have to use both hands to get the hanging part hooked back into the attached part. I know, I'm a moron....:p

Never found any of these on a cruise ship.

There are usually enough hangers.

However, DH's suits, tux, dress shirts, and my formals go on hangers when I pack them.

Then all I have to do is take them out and hang them up (unless I have to send them out to be pressed).

Enjoy your cruise!

~e

All of my dressy to formal wear goes on a hanger with a cleaner's plastic bag over each one. Sturdy wire hangers work great here.....keep the ones which have a hook that doesn't bend and throw the others away. The ones which bend easily are useless. Use the foam covers that go over the shoulder area and clothes will not shift. I ask my dry cleaners for a handful and they always oblige. Sometimes, you can hang more than one item on the same hanger if they are lightweight materials. Pants and skirts go on those wire hangers with the cardboard tube.....these are slightly tacky and keep the items from shifting. If you place a foam cover on these, you can also hang tops and shirts over the pants. Now you will be ready to pack a garment bag or a conventional suitcase.

When you arrive, open your luggage and just hang everything up! This goes quickly and you won't need to worry about whether or not you have enough hangers, and your clothes should be reasonably wrinkle-free.

Thanks for all the advice ! I typically use the plastic hangers at home, but they take up so much room if I try to pack them. I like the idea of just packing them on the hanger......I will have to see how it works out with our luggage.

Thanks all !

Sue

A little strange?? OK...my mother started this, I continue...

My mother knits beautiful covers of yarn for wood hangers. Our closets & every other family member closets are full of them. The best Christmas presents were these wonderful hangers.

They are the best for your clothes not falling off plus strappy garments staying put & not making those lumpy shoulder humps.

So, yes I do pack my custom made hangers. Spoiled...yup:D

I'm very Joan Crawfordish about hangers. I called and asked housekeeping for wooden hangers and they brought them to me.

Love that BlueHerons - I can't stand those thin wire hangers. I only like wooden ones or the nice padded ones!

Archived