Need help deciding

erpa

Hi. my cruiseship will only be in Tortola from 8am to 1pm. I had really wanted to see the Virgin Gorda baths, and have thoroughly researched it but, it is an awfully tight time frame to do this. Neither Speedy's or Smiths ferries work for the time frame. Patouche does have a tour from 9am to 12pm, but since the trip to Virgin Gorda takes 40minutes, that only leave 1 hr and 40 mins at the baths. So I have several questions:

1. is it worth it to spend $54 with Patouche to be at the baths just 1 hr and 40 mins?

2. If we forget going to the baths and stay on Tortola, which beach is better for snorkeling, Smuggler's Cove or Brewer's Bay?

3. How long does it take to take a taxi from Road Town to Smuggler's or Brewer's and how much does it cost?

Thanks to all for any info:)

We've done the trip with Patouche and it's definitely worth it! The sail to the Baths was incredible and 1 hr 40 minutes was more than enough time to explore the caves at the baths and to take a swim.

There's a lovely small beach near where Patouche will anchor and remember that you will swim ashore from the boat (it's not bad and I'm not a strong swimmer.

The baths are awesome and well worth the trip! The only "concern" that I would have would be arriving at Patouche's dock at 12 and needing to be back on board by maybe 12:30? You could ask them to pre-arrange a taxi (not expensive at all) to meet you after the tour and return you to your ship.

With your tight schedule, I would recommend that you consider a ship's excursion just to be safe on the return. I agree that 1.5 hours should be enough time especially when it is not necessary to walk down to the Baths. I would think that their would likely be several ships in port on the same day. Perhaps even a ship to arrive just before your ship departs.

Thank you both for the info. The shore excursion published currently by NCL to the Baths states the trip leaves at 7:15am, which is before my ship docks! Perhaps that will be updated as my sailing time nears. I agree it is safest to book with NCL on this one b/c of the tight time, but it remains to be seen if they will actually have a shore excursion for my cruise. Anyway, thanks for the info.:)

Archived