Just back from Freedom 7/23--WOW. and we won a cruise on bingo!

Freedom was AWESOME--that is the only word to describe it. Simply amazing!

My hubby won a 7 night caribbean cruise for 2 while playing bingo--it was so exciting, too!!

Any questions?

I was disappointed with the food in the dining room for the most part, although a few things were really good. I also photographed several nights' menus, so I will get in touch with someone to get it posted. Ports of call were cool, but lots of pushy sellers, especially in Montego Bay. The ship is absolutely amazing, as are the shows onboard.

I'll answer specific questions too. Let me know!

did you go to Montego Bay Jamaica instead of Ocho Rios? We're on FOS 8/27 and scheduled for Ocho Rios.

Also, can you remember some of the menu items from Surf night? Everyone comments it's bad, but no one seems to remember what was offerered.

Thanks,

Congrats,

I won a 7 day cruise while i was on the Jewel of the Seas in April, It's good for an inside or outside cabin right? I booked an outside cabin on the Freedom on Sept 3rd of this year, I thought they would not let me book on the freedom since it's so new...not only did I get the freedom, I upgraded to a balcony cabin for only $150 per person. I had spoken to a wonderful rep for RCL that handles the free cruises, her name is Ana Maria, if you would like her email address or direct line, let me know...

did you go to Montego Bay Jamaica instead of Ocho Rios? We're on FOS 8/27 and scheduled for Ocho Rios.

Also, can you remember some of the menu items from Surf night? Everyone comments it's bad, but no one seems to remember what was offerered.

Thanks,

8/27 for this year or next year? For the inaugural season, Freedom is going to Montego Bay. Next year, Freedom does Ocho Rios and Liberty will be doing Montego Bay.

My hubby won a 7 night caribbean cruise for 2 while playing bingo--it was so exciting, too!!

Any questions?

:D one question :D

Did you confirm that he is taking you on the free cruise? :D

Having been to Jamaica 12 times, you just have to say "no thanks " to the locals and keep on walking.

They then will usually stop bothering you.

If not then be more insistant, but a courteous "No" usually works.

Having been to Jamaica 12 times, you just have to say "no thanks " to the locals and keep on walking.

They then will usually stop bothering you.

If not then be more insistant, but a courteous "No" usually works.

Good advice. It has always worked for us. I wouldn't let "pushy" vendors keep me from enjoying a beautiful island like Jamaica, or a private location like Labadee.

The only way we are going to find out about surf night is to go. RCI must be doing some memory erasing. Im set for Aug 13th. Im sure upon my return, I will sit down and go to cruise critic to finally tell everyone what surf night is all about, only to not be able to remember. I will try to take a picture of the menu just in case my memory gets erased by RCI.

Good advice. It has always worked for us. I wouldn't let "pushy" vendors keep me from enjoying a beautiful island like Jamaica, or a private location like Labadee.

I agree. I loved both Jamaica and Labadee. We did Ocho Rios this May. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville was one of the coolest restaurants that we had ever been to.

Archived