Earliest flight time for orlando

Can anyone tell me the earliest time to book a flight in orlando? I will be on the Mariner, and want to catch an 11:30 flight, but am a little nervous I will miss it. I plan to get off the ship in the first group, and bring my own luggage off if possible.

Can anyone tell me the earliest time to book a flight in orlando? I will be on the Mariner, and want to catch an 11:30 flight, but am a little nervous I will miss it. I plan to get off the ship in the first group, and bring my own luggage off if possible.

Our color was in the mid-range and we didn't get off the ship until 10am, so be sure that you are either the first color called or self-disembark so you don't run into problems.

~Steph

We have done noon flights out of Orlando but would suggest nothing prior to 1:00. Security is the main reason. Besides normal airline traffic, you also have two other ships besides the Mariner to deal with, Disney and Carnival. So add anywhere around 5000+ passengers between the three ships (others do drive and take buses) to a normal day and this is what you get. Very slow security.

Tim

If you get one of the early color tags - and they are good about accommodating your request - you should have no problem. And the earlier you get to the airport, the less of a crowd and line there should be. After our Mariner cruise, we were there before 10 without rushing, and had too much time to wait for a 12:30 flight. We did find that having pre-arranged a car service (we used Art's Shuttle) made for a very quick exit from the port.

You definitely need to be at MCO two hours prior to departure, since security there can be a bear.

It is about an hour from Port Canaveral to MCO.

If you feel like you can be off the ship and on your way by 8:30 then go for it, but IMHO that is really about an hour too early.

I agree getting through security at the airport is the LONGEST delay. I wouldn't try for anything earlier than noon. I tried in April to get bumped up to an earlier flight upon arriving at the airport and even though all the flights were full we never would have made it through security on time.

Archived