Celebrity Cruise Directors

Vistadeck

We were on the May 31st Med cruise and totally agree with what Steve said about Drew. He was so charming and available that he made a significant contribution to our enjoyment of the cruise.:)

Jullian is OK. Nothing really special sticks out about the job he does. Hopefully, we just caught him on a down week. Who knows. You will still have a great time. The activity staff did a great job keeping everyone up on our cruise.

I was on Century 6/5 and Alan was CD then. :)

Hi Tuggers !

Thanks for the info. If it is Alan, this will be Cruise # 3 with him. He was our CD on Century last year, and did a great job !

Do you recall who the featured entertainment was in the Theater ? Did they have a comedian ? Just Curious.

Regards,

Andy

and I got the impression that the comedians were brought on for that cruise. A little bluer and younger than the usual X ones and I had not seen any of them

on my last 3 or 4 X cruises. Then the 'ladder guy' was there. He's pretty much a staple on Century.

Dru will be our CD 9/7 Tranatlantic? I have heard great things about him.

Dru will be the CD on the Galaxy 9/3 transatlantic. He was assistant CD on the Zenith before he went over to the Med in May. We enjoyed him very much and look forward to seeing him again in September. I don't know who the CD will be on the Connie.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if Alan King was still on the Century, I know he was earlier in the summer but I don't know when they get their time off, we're sailing Sept. 18. I just loved him on our last cruise!

Terri

Yes, I too enjoyed Shawn. His assistant was Rick..somebody.(Zenith--Nov. 2003) Rick was okay as an assistant, but I don't see him moving up.

Am wondering who will be on the Zenith during my Nov. 14 day cruise this year!

I was wondering if Alan King was still on the Century, I know he was earlier in the summer but I don't know when they get their time off, we're sailing Sept. 18. I just loved him on our last cruise!

Terri

Hi Terri !

Allan King is usually on Century, but I Know he is on Vacation right now. Your sailing should be pretty close to when he gets back, but I am not positive on his exact return date.

I was on Century on July 17th, and I believe he was going to be on until the end of July, then start his vacation. This was my 3rd time with Allan as the CD, and he was excellent (as usual)

Regards,

Andy

Andy I was on the 8/7 sailing of the Century and Alan King was our CD.

The comedian was Louis Johnson. He was pretty funny.

I love that White Elephant sale story. The funniest thing on this cruise was the presentation of the final $5000 bingo. The bingo board came up out of the orchestra pit with a full light show to the tune of 2001 Space Oddesy

We have also sailed with Dru Pavlov, Mike Witte, and Jim Cannon

Suzanne

Anyone know who the cruise director is on Millie and if they are there thru the end of August.

At least he was the CD on the Millennium two weeks ago. We had him on the Century a few years ago as well. He's not bad. A little too stiff maybe, but nice enough.

I just didn't like the way Sean blew off the nice man in the Martini Bar that night when there was no one there but me and him. I thought he hurt the mans feeling s for no reason...could have handled it much better. That was my deal with him. And I did not get to know him as I usually do with cd's.

Ships should I be talking about this on the couch?:)

I hope I am not going to start a war but please let me know why you are interested in who will be the cruise director on your next cruise?

my wife and i took about 35 cruises and experienced 35 different cruise directors. in all honesty i can state that not one cruise director made our cruise more or less desirable.

i really do not care if he or she says hello or is out on the deck greeting passengers.

if you all will be kind enough please let me know how they made a difference in your cruise .

i also find it amusing that certain people want to know who will be the captain of the ship they are going on.

how does he make your cruise more enjoyable?

most of the time i can not understand what he is saying when he makes his daily announcement.

just had to vent.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

burtshell

Archived