Celebrity Cruise Directors

Vistadeck

We cruised twice with Dave Cole, and are saddened that he is not at sea! Come back Dave! We'd cruise with him again in a heartbeat. On the second one (Mercury) Stewart was the assistant. He was a blast, and yes, he too is cut from Dave's cloth. They were both exceptional. Above and beyond.....

I hope I am not going to start a war but please let me know why you are interested in who will be the cruise director on your next cruise?

my wife and i took about 35 cruises and experienced 35 different cruise directors. in all honesty i can state that not one cruise director made our cruise more or less desirable.

i really do not care if he or she says hello or is out on the deck greeting passengers.

if you all will be kind enough please let me know how they made a difference in your cruise .

i also find it amusing that certain people want to know who will be the captain of the ship they are going on.

how does he make your cruise more enjoyable?

most of the time i can not understand what he is saying when he makes his daily announcement.

just had to vent.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

burtshell

This is an opinion not a flame!

I have not been on a lot of cruises compared to some on these boards. But it is my opinion that much of the fun and pleasure you get from a cruise comes from these two people. It is the way they inspire the people below them to interact with the passengers. The difference between the inspired activies staff and the uninspired is easy to spot. The CD and his staff work hard behind the scenes also to make sure you have a good time. The scheduling of all of the events and the presentation of the same. Keeping you eager to take part in things you enjoy and making sure that there are things you can enjoy.

The Captian on the Inifinity when we went to Alaska opened the observation area on the helopad to passengers when we were at Hubbard Glacier. He also got the ship as close as the law would allow. That was not because he had to but because he wanted people to have the best experience possible.

If you have not noticed their efforts and still had great cruises then they did their jobs well. Many of these people as you can see from the reaction of others here also improve the cruise by being more available to people. Some people think it is a good thing to talk to these hard working people like the were best friends.

So my hat is off to the CD's of the cruise world and the Captians that make sure it all works smooth.

[/color]

This is an opinion not a flame!

I have not been on a lot of cruises compared to some on these boards. But it is my opinion that much of the fun and pleasure you get from a cruise comes from these two people. It is the way they inspire the people below them to interact with the passengers. The difference between the inspired activies staff and the uninspired is easy to spot. The CD and his staff work hard behind the scenes also to make sure you have a good time. The scheduling of all of the events and the presentation of the same. Keeping you eager to take part in things you enjoy and making sure that there are things you can enjoy.

The Captian on the Inifinity when we went to Alaska opened the observation area on the helopad to passengers when we were at Hubbard Glacier. He also got the ship as close as the law would allow. That was not because he had to but because he wanted people to have the best experience possible.

If you have not noticed their efforts and still had great cruises then they did their jobs well. Many of these people as you can see from the reaction of others here also improve the cruise by being more available to people. Some people think it is a good thing to talk to these hard working people like the were best friends.

So my hat is off to the CD's of the cruise world and the Captians that make sure it all works smooth.

[/color]

Well said Jukeboxy ! I agree totally. It is a shame, that not everyone understands and respects these fine people as much as others do. They do an incredible job !

We cruised twice with Dave Cole, and are saddened that he is not at sea! Come back Dave! We'd cruise with him again in a heartbeat. On the second one (Mercury) Stewart was the assistant. He was a blast, and yes, he too is cut from Dave's cloth. They were both exceptional. Above and beyond.....

I have good and bad news for you.

Good: Dave is sailing again, now with Princess on the Island Princess.

Bad: Stewart was promoted to CD and served on the Zenith, Horizon, and Millennium. He has since left Celebrity.

I was on Royal Caribean Nordic Empress in summer of 97' and the nerdy guy from Saved By The Bell, Screech (Dustin Diamond) was working as a kids club staff member. I was too young to rember much about the cruise, I was like 7 or 8 , but he seemed really nice. Even though that's not what this thread is about...:p

Well said Jukeboxy ! I agree totally. It is a shame, that not everyone understands and respects these fine people as much as others do. They do an incredible job !

Andy and Jerry, I agree too. Sometimes it can be quite hard to quantify exactly what the CD or indeed the other officers do to improve the experience, but their attitude and professionalism must have an influence on the rest of the crew and that results in a happy ship and happy passengers.

Each to their own, but there are a lot of repeat cruisers I'm sure who look for staff and officers they have cruised with before and enjoy the experience of meeting up with them again, even if it is only to reminisce about the last great cruise they had together.

Someone mentioned Susan Wood above. She was great. Sadly for X she went back to HAL, I think.

Phil

I was on Royal Caribean Nordic Empress in summer of 97' and the nerdy guy from Saved By The Bell, Screech (Dustin Diamond) was working as a kids club staff member. I was too young to rember much about the cruise, I was like 7 or 8 , but he seemed really nice. Even though that's not what this thread is about...:p

I always wondered what happened to Screech. Next thing you'll know Gary Coleman will be cruise director on the Constellation.

Hello jezzdogg,how are you,just remembered you were coming to uk this sept thats funny because we are coming to new york 3rd sept staying for 2 nights after cruise on the golden princess cruise Atlantic Voyage Westbound,it leaves uk 20th august and goes to Zeebrugge-Rotterdam-Le Havre-at sea-Dublin-Belfast-Greenock 2 days-at sea 5 days-New york,we are staying in the Novatel midtown,any tips about places to go would be usefull,gazza127@yahoo.co.uk,ta gary&bev mercury 24/04/05

My wife and I participate in the onboard activities such as trivia, battle of the sexes, pictionary.... etc. Celebrity has an exceptional activities staff and we make a point of letting the CD know. Dru Pavlov, Simon Weir, Allan King were all excellent in promoting these activities. The more you see them the more you appreciate their contribution to the cruise experience.

We had Allan King on our recent Century cruise.My DH was excited because he spells his name the same.We also had the pleasure of meeting his lovely wife.This is really the first time we ever had more then just a just hello relationship with the cruise director.It made us feel like family.The Captain had his wife and parents on the ship as well.

We had Allan King on our recent Century cruise.My DH was excited because he spells his name the same.We also had the pleasure of meeting his lovely wife.This is really the first time we ever had more then just a just hello relationship with the cruise director.It made us feel like family.The Captain had his wife and parents on the ship as well.

Hi Alpal !

Allan is an awesome Cruise Director. We have had the pleasure of sailing with Allan many times. He truly seems to care VERY MUCH, that you have a great time on your Cruise. He is always very visable too.

I am hopeful Allan will be on our Century sailing on 11/17. We look forward to seeing him again !

I think that what worries me is that Celebrity is now promoting an American Express card for points. I wonder if they will drop the Visa card when Bank of America takes over:( I have points I'm saving for my next cruise, and wouldn't want them to "go away".

Archived