Celebrity Cruise Directors

Vistadeck

Who was the cruise director on your Celebrity cruises? Would be fun to see if some have moved around ships, or been with one for a long time. Also do you have a favourite from a Celebrity Cruise.

I think the funniest I've had was Alan King on the Mercury's Inagural and again on a Transatlantic on Century a few years back. - the funniest thing was at the end of the cruise he held a "White Elephant Sale" where people sold items they didn't want to take home Alan did the auction .. the funniest was a lady who bought a traditional hat in Maderia it was this wool hat with pompoms and ear flaps it looked ridiculous when she put it on to model, she really thought she looked quite the dish with it atop her head and took offence to the laughter, it made everyone laugh even more.

Also, Chris from Zenith was terriffic... (South America 2002/2003) he was very personable, saw him everywhere and really made you feel good to be on Celebrity.

Eep .. our last Celebrity Cruise was on Infinity last Labour Day week last year to Alaska, but the CD didn't make much of an impression.

Don Fluke was another good one, had him on Galaxy twice once to Alaska and once Southern Carribean, been a few years now, 1998 / 99 I believe it was.

David Cole was the first Celebrity cruise director we ever had on Century's inagural year - on our first real cruise .. since then we've rated most of our cruise directors as being like or not like David Cole ...hehe David Cole was a bit hyper in his presentation and got especially excited when talking about bingo :) lol

So, who's where now? and who's new? :)

Tina

"Vistadeck"

Is my personal favorite. Have had him twice on Horizon and he was great both times. Very warm and personable and everywhere at once, very hands on. He now should be in Infinity as that was to be his nect post.

Alan King was funny! I mean that velvet tux is something else! You see a guy in that, you just know he doesn't take himself too seriously! Had him on Century.

Wasn't really impressed with Shawn _____(can't even remember his last name) who was CD on Zenith over this last Easter cruise. Some liked him but he just wasn't my cup of tea.

Hi:).....Lets see, first time on Century it was Alan King........2nd time was Rick Spath,

Mercury was Julian......and I can't remember how to spell his last name but I know it begins with a B....

All 3 seemed nice nice enough.

I have had the pleasure of sailing with John Howell twice once on the Zenith during the horrible 9/11 time and another time on the Horizon. I am really hoping that he will still be on the Infinity when we sail in early December. He is a great cruise director and a nice person who is always ready to take the time to talk with people. Plus, he bought me and my mom a drink. I can't even remember the names of other Celebrity cruise directors that I have had.

Walter

On the my Century cruise,the cruise director was Rick Spath.The cruise director on my Horizon cruise was Jason Beetham(I may have spelled his last name wrong). Both cruise directors were friendly and helpful.CLSmith

He was on the Horizon when we took a b2b. He was great. He had so much energy and he always made sure there was some entertainment going on. He really made the cruise so much more enjoyable.

Our next cruise is on the Constellation. Anyone know who is the cruise director now?

Alan King was the CD on my last Century cruise, he was great! Very friendly and was very visible on the ship. He always stopped to say hello. We also ran into him on the islands a lot and he was just as friendly there. I never saw a cruise director who interacted with the passengers as much as he did.

Terri

We had Simon Wier on the Summit. We thought he did a decent job. Loved his T.V. show in the A.M., going over the previous day's highlights and activities planned for the current day. He was all over the ship, ran into him many times. Quite a nice person to talk with. If you engaged him in conversation he would always take the time to respond and chat. Been on other cruises where sadly, that was not the situation.

Bill

Hi Everyone !

On my April 30th Summit Cruise, I had Simor Weir, who was outstanding.

Does anyone know who is on Century now ? I am on the July 17th Sailing. I think it is still Alan King, but I am not positive. Alan does a great job as well.

Regards,

Andy

Hi:).....Lets see, first time on Century it was Alan King........2nd time was Rick Spath,

Mercury was Julian......and I can't remember how to spell his last name but I know it begins with a B....

All 3 seemed nice nice enough.

Hi Lois !

I am pretty sure Julian's last name is Bertsche, the only thing I am not sure about is the "e" at the end of his name. Julian was the CD on one of my Cruises last year, and he was excellent !

Regards,

Andy

Anyone know who the cruise director is for Milleniumm this Aug. No sure who the CD was on Summit last august, but he was awful, thought he was the worst, until we had one that was even worst on Island Princess this April. Have had several good cd, best was Jim Cannon, who last I heard was in the Miami office----he and Kirk D. on RCCL where the best we have had on the many cruises we have been on.

Galaxy 2001 - Simon Weir

Century 2002 - Dave Cole - My favorite, no longer a CD with Celebrity

Galaxy 2002 - John Howell

Century 2003 - Nick Weir - My wife went not me

Mercury 2004 - Jullian Bersch

Summit 2004 - Simon Weir

David Cole is gone? We had him on our Mar. '04 Galaxy cruise. Did he go to another line?

Anyone know who the cruise director is for Milleniumm this Aug. No sure who the CD was on Summit last august, but he was awful, thought he was the worst, until we had one that was even worst on Island Princess this April. Have had several good cd, best was Jim Cannon, who last I heard was in the Miami office----he and Kirk D. on RCCL where the best we have had on the many cruises we have been on.

Hi Jezzdogg !

I agree, that Jim Cannon has to be the best CD that I have had the pleasure of sailing with. Jim is now in a more Senior Capacity in Celebrity's Miami office. While I am thrilled for Jim in his well earned position, he will be greatly missed onboard the ships.

Regards,

Andy

Just had him on the Galaxy in the Med. Was absolutely the most personable cruise director I've ever had. Very funny, could be found around the ship constantly, remebered EVERYONE by first name. The tv show everyday was hilarious. The ACD was also great on this cruise, Cory ????. I would imagine he is going to be a CD before too long.

Would love to have this duo in a little more lively Caribbean environment. May actually be a deciding factor in the selection of my next cruise, I will find out which ship he is on before I book.

Steve

Just had him on the Galaxy in the Med. Was absolutely the most personable cruise director I've ever had. Very funny, could be found around the ship constantly, remebered EVERYONE by first name. The tv show everyday was hilarious. The ACD was also great on this cruise, Cory ????. I would imagine he is going to be a CD before too long.

Would love to have this duo in a little more lively Caribbean environment. May actually be a deciding factor in the selection of my next cruise, I will find out which ship he is on before I book.

Steve

Dru was the assistant CD on the Zenith before he joined the Galaxy. I know he will be on the return transatlantic in September, but after that I'm not sure. We really enjoyed him on the Zenith :)

Dave Cole has opted to take a land job for a while. I can only hope that the sea one day call him back to Celebrity. Would love to sail with him once again.

Keep an eye on one ACD, Stewart Turnbull. He will be a CD before to long. He is cut of the same mold as Dave. A fun loving guy who does the job because he loves it, not because it's a job. The more a CD loves the job the better he or she is. Sailed with Stewart on the Mercury and Summit. Anyone who sails with him, take the time to talk to him. And if warranted, give him a good review at the end. We as passengers have a lot to do with what Celebrity does. They read the Reviews and make changes accordingly, from days off to possible promotions to itineraries.

I loved Alan King. He was great! We were in the Infinity in May. The C.D. was Don Fluke. I think he took a few days off "mentally", because he was rarely seen and not too impressive when he showed up. He made no attempt to socialize with the passengers if he was on the pool deck etc. Just stood around talking to other staff members.

Archived