Zipline Canopy Tours

CRUISINGATORS

We are going to be in Costa Rica in October and are planning on doing the zipline canopy tour. We JUST came to the realization that the cruise lines do not sanction this trip. If anyone has done this please let us know who the reputable tourist companies are. We DON'T want to get stuck somewhere in the Costa Rican Rain Forest and miss our ship.

I have done a canopy zipline tour in Ocho Rios and Limon and they were great, except that the bus trip up the mountain in Jamaica made me motion sick. Bring drammamine even on land excursions! However, the Costa Rican tour busses were luxurious in comparison. I don't know the company names but I recomend this tour.

We went on the zip line in Costa Rica with an independent tour. We were on the Carnival Legend and this tour was a lot less and did more than the ships. I made sure before I booked with this guy that he had backup buses, he had no major negative reviews. He answered all my questions and replied promptly.

Charlie Soto okeydokeytours@hotmail.com

web site http://www.okeydokeytours.com

The zip line is in the rain forest. It is not for people that cannot help lift themselves a few inches, afraid of heights (tallest tree platform around 90 feet), or cannot sit in a harness. We only had one lady that slowed everyone down. There was a couple in there 60s with us, and they did great. There are 13 platforms and the easiest are the first 5. You can stop here and get off if it is not for you.

Saying all that, it is a blast to do and is very scenic. Remember it is a rain forest, rained on us 2 hours, made it more adventurous.

Here is a link to some pictures.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_itemId=138477

I love ziplining! I did it in PV in April on Spring Break, and then got to do it in Ketchikan in May! We loved it so much we drove to Whistler, BC to spend the weekend doing it also. PV had the most, which were shorter, Ketchikan had fewer, but slightly longer, and Whistler had the fewest, BUT they were the longest ones! They actually were opening one the day after we were gone, it was over 2,000 feet long! The longest I did there was 1,300 feet.

I love these tours! I cant wait to hit the Caribbean and so them!

Casey

Andy

Which zipline company did you use out of Puntarenas. I have looked at the one with Charlie Sota but not sure I want to do the all day tour he has. I reseved 2 spots for the Princess tour even though I am not sure I will stay with them but they do use the Original Canopy Tour.. I did use Princess in Ocho Rios with the Original Canopy Tour and it was great.

We used Charlie Soto's okeydokey tours in Puntarenas last April and loved every minute of it. Charlie seems to know the best spots for pictures and customizes the tour based on what the group wants. We had a choice of doing ziplining, a boat ride or just wandering though beautiful gardens:D while waiting if you chose neither one. I wanted to zipline but DH didn't so this was the best choice for us. We both had a great time. Now that I know he also does tours in Oco Rios we will probably use him again on our next cruise.

Archived