Q5 Grill Level - is it worth it?

OceanLiner

Hello. Could anyone please comment on the Queens Grill level suites? We are thinking about booking a Q5 suite for cruise M811 but we are not sure if the added expense is warranted or what to even fully expect for this level of service. The lack of information from Cunard is staggering, in fact you cannot seem to even find a room diagram. Thank you in advance for all of your efforts.

Sorry OceanLiner, Bit busy this morning. Will hopefully get time to answer your questions later but here's some photos of our Q6 from Feb this year. The Q5's and Q6's are the same but the 5's are more midships.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_itemId=129586&g2_page=5

great photos thanx !!!Do all qgrill suites have a butler and a steward??? thanx for your help!! Jim

My opinion of if the Queens Grill being worth the extra money on the QM2 I fear is clouded. I have had several wonderful trips on the ship in the Queens Grill and the butler and steward services were wonderful. The food in the Grill was very good as well as was the service in the restaurant. On my last trip in Oct. 2005 the service had really gone down hill in the Grill, understaffed was the order of the day. I have posted a review of the trip, Transat Oct. 2005. We were in a Q2 and I would not travel again as the ship was that voyage. The ship may have just been off, it happens. I cancelled my South America to Hawaii voyages though and have booked on the QE2 in Queens Grill this October to see how things far on her. Recent posts seem happy with the Grill so perhaps they have solved the problems, I hope so, when spot on the experience cannot be beat.

I have made two westbound crossing in Q2, the last time joined by a number of family who were in Q6.

I think the QG accomodations are well worth it, and would advise you to save a few dollars and book a Q6 rather than Q5, as the difference is only location; if midships is not crucial to you, you're fine with Q6.

The Q6 cabins my family were in are quite spacious, with very large (long) verandas, excellent closet space, large and quite nice bathroom (but not with separate shower) and very comfortable living space. Everyone reported excellent service from the four different buttlers who were taking care of the six cabins occupied.

On both crossings, I found the service in the QG excellent, and the food fine (ocassionally quite good). I do very much like access to the always pleasant and often quiet Queens Grill lounge; the special deck space is nothing so special, but you will be sure to have a comfortable chair if the weather is fine, and little treats are served throughout the day.

All in all ,I think its worth the extra for the elevated service and space (both private and public) afforded. That said, for our next crossing, we are thinking of trying a PG cabin, just to save a little and see how different the experience it, so make of comments what you will!

Michael

TAH,

The Queens Grill on QE2 is superb & a friend of mine who has travelled only once on QM2 in QG Rest said never again and is more than happy to stay with QE2! As I am myself!!!!

QM2 is too large & the high levels of service are just not there like on QE2! Hopefully over time the service will improve - but who knows!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

TAH,

The Queens Grill on QE2 is superb & a friend of mine who has travelled only once on QM2 in QG Rest said never again and is more than happy to stay with QE2! As I am myself!!!!

QM2 is too large & the high levels of service are just not there like on QE2! Hopefully over time the service will improve - but who knows!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

My sentiments entirely. Couldn't agree more!!!

Archived