Fantasy Review July 27-31, 2006

tahitidreamz

Wow Tom, lucky you!! I think that the process of leaving the ship was my least favorite part of the four days...but it didn't take as long as I've heard it could. I think it was more being packed into such a small area with all of those people and not really going anywhere! So what time did you get to leave the ship?

It was very close to 8 AM. We were home and POSTING on CC AGAIN by 9 something that morning... :eek: :D

We would love to branch out to other cruise lines, but we are just now beginning to reap the rewards of loyalty :confused: ...

Tom

Hey Rayjb, we will be on the same cruise as you! :D If you get a chance, pop into the roll call.. there are very few people posting, I would love to get a few more! We are from Massachusetts and going with two other couples.

Tahiti, I am so glad you decided to go and it sounds like you had a lot of fun... AND interesting experiences! ;) Thanks for the review, it was entertaining!

It was very close to 8 AM. We were home and POSTING on CC AGAIN by 9 something that morning... :eek: :D

We would love to branch out to other cruise lines, but we are just now beginning to reap the rewards of loyalty :confused: ...

Tom

Wow that is a nice perk...although what would be even better is if you got to stay in your room later and sleep through the rush :p

Wow that is a nice perk...although what would be even better is if you got to stay in your room later and sleep through the rush :p

We have tried the "sleeping in" routine, but with the ship STILL and people rustling up and down the halls, it makes for poor quality sleep.:(

I would gladly sail on a ship that starts boarding at 4 PM, if its debarkation was something like 12-2. There is nothing worse (on a cruise) than having to get up on debarkation morning at 6:30-7 AM - when the rest of the nights you were getting to bed at 3 AM and up between 11 AM and NOON !!! Do they serve breakfast on their ships??;)

Tom

Tahiti:

So proud of you that you sucked it up and went even though it took a little prodding. I agree with what other poster said about rolling with things. Sometimes you just have to! By the way, I hope you have found "others" to go out with. He sounds like a twerp to cancel like he did. Booger Head! You have to kiss a few toads to find a true prince and then you appreciate him all the more.

Have fun on your next cruise! Sounds like you are the kind of girl that will make sure you have even more fun on this next one!

Awwww- thanks LegalWife! Have fun on your upcoming cruise..

Tom and Cheryl, I can understand about you being happy about the Debark issue... It was a mad house..However I thought all were instructed to be out of the cabins by 8am??? WHich is why I was dragging. After partying the night before, I crawled into the bed at 4am, and was stressing that I needed to be out by 8am...:rolleyes:

Ok.....So......What can I get myself into next? If- Since I am so gung ho about being loyal to Carnival (trying to get benz such as Tom and Cheryl) :D - I am cancelling my Storm Chaser Vacation and instead opting for the Cruise for my birthday....... (Yeah- Insurance converage for me is hard to find...2 years ago I went skydiving- now storm chasing eh?)

PS. Tom and Cheryl, I did call the Carnival Insurance carrier in hopes of getting a little something back for my cruise, but the guy told me that in order for me to file the claim that my boyfriend has to submit the claim form.......:mad: Oh well.......Such is life...:rolleyes:

tahiti

Tom and Cheryl, I can understand about you being happy about the Debark issue... It was a mad house..However I thought all were instructed to be out of the cabins by 8am??? Which is why I was dragging. After partying the night before, I crawled into the bed at 4 AM, and was stressing that I needed to be out by 8am...:rolleyes:

I did not pay attention to the regular debarkation instructions, as we received letters in our stateroom the day before instructing all Concierge Club members (platinum card holders) to meet in a particular lounge - at 7:30 to 7:45.

I have tried the "staying up LATE on the last night" routine a few times before - and that HURTS the next morning - you get in that vegetative state just waiting to get off the ship - OUCH...!

Tom

Yes Tahiti, definitely count me in. I'm not a professional cruiser by any means (with you guys meeting or almost meeting PLATINUM status) I feel like the new kid in the class. :rolleyes: I'm really thinking March would be a great time, but i'll have to find a cabin mate.

I'll have to play catch-up and go every 4-months within the next few years to get the status you guys have. And boy are the rates for cruising looking good now...... LOL

It's amazing how something so common as cruising brings people together. My boss just returned today from a 4-day aboard the Fascination and was just amazed at how she gained a new friend that she met aboard while traveling with her 2 children. You seem to link up and then you have a friend for life... or maybe not? I think BOB should go into a friendsnetwork.com service! :cool:

I'm loving this family oriented way of vacationing and now I'm going to go back to my duties of slacking on the J O B... :D

Lata yall,

1time

*Singing*

"Ima slacker, she's a slacker, he's a slacker, were all slackers, wouldn't you like to be a slacker to?"

I am thinking of doing another part time job stint to pay for my travels...*laughs* The "only" problem I have is days from work you know? Unfortunately people call to listen to me to talk...LOL I am a receptionist so it gets hard to leave every month or so I have to plan my cruises like on a Thursday Sail and arrive back on Mondays- or do those little vacations where I can leave work at 5 on friday and return late Sunday.

1stTimer, I got all of my capers and since I do not have a scanner I am making mine into a scrap book......Along with other things I collected along the way. How about I didnt know I could keep those darn Carnival glasses with my specialty drinks... I did write to Carnival and thanked them for a grand time..I tossed that in there along with my getting a non invite for past time cruisers and getting stuck in the elevator....*laughs* I told them it made a great letter for a friend of mine stuck in Iraq.:D

Ok..So.. All, I need a theme name for my Birthday Cruise......Hoochie Momma Cruise just doesnt cut it..LOL

laterz

tahiti

PS.... Anyone that has been posting to this is more than welcome to sail with me and help me celebrate.... Just let me know..It is scheduled thus far for March 15th- Fantasy Ship..I am just waiting to see who all wants to go before getting cabins blocked and all....

Tahiti,

Just found out that the Fantasy will be leaving out of New Orleans starting in October, replacing the Sensation which was the original ship that sailed year-round from their port. Which means we'll be on what ship if we're leaving out of Port Canaveral? IMO, I would like to try a different one, but if we're going out of New Orleans, I'm all over it! :cool:

That's a much closer port/drive if I need to get there by car so let me know what you find out. Oh, you didn't get a past guest invite because we were on a 4-day and those are only given on the 5-day cruises. Sucks huh?? I'll get around to my capers soon enough. Once you're off the cruise, your whole attitude and persona tends to shift especially when you realize that you don't have anything to look forward to but WORK. :mad:

Ok... *breathing slow and methodically*... I will now commence to packing up and heading out of here. I've found an excuse that I would rather not share to leave early. :p

Toodles!

*You know it's bad when*...........

You get happy again when you have booked another cruise

You enjoy listening to the Carnival Song of Sailing while on telephone Hold

You smile so much of your future aniticipation of cruising :D

I know I am such a sap..*laughs*

1sttimeer- You have mail chica

• 2 weeks later...

Archived