Another Hurricane Question - Mariner

Sailing on the Mariner THIS Sunday. I know she is on the Western iteniary now. As I look at the projected path of "Chris" I am wondering if it will cause a delay in arrival for our cruise. Any thoughts?

It really doesn't look to good, The long term forcast is putting Chris somewhere around Cuba to south Fl (Keys area) :mad: By weekend, It should be interesting to see what RC does, If they skip Cozumel an add a sea day to take the long route back or wait an see weather or not they can get by it without getting in its way. Either way someone will not be happy. :( I would guess take long way back to keep on schedule! Thats just my Guess. :)

Mariner left PC July 30 Headed to Western Carribbean, In traveling back to PC Sat or Sun the route could be affected by Chris. Which could delay Sept6 sailing to the Eastern Carribbean. I think that is what the op is worried about.:eek:

I think the OP was meaing that the right now it is on the Western Itinerary....

I am aware it is on the Western itinerary. I was wondering if Chris will cause any delay for us Eastern folks that are boarding on the 6th due to dealys on the Western route...and yes I am calm...

i love how people say the news said its going here... hurricanes have a mind of there own. Look at the cone and PC is in the cone. That means its possible it could go anywhere in the cone

Well we are off to Orlando this morning...Although hurricanes do have a mind of their own, we have been fairly accurate in tracking "probable" path for the last few years, so I am not worried...

I have reservations for this and that in the various islands, but you know what?

I am looking forward to going where ever we go!

Have fun everyone!

It will be interesting to see when they make the call as to direction for Mariner's route back to Port Canaveral from the western itnerary. Once they get trapped in the Florida straits, it would seem hard to maneuver away from the storm, if it made a change of direction.

I guess that's what they get paid to figure out! We are sailing Aug 6, so I'm pulling for the ship to make it back on Sunday on time! Can't wait....

Archived