Outstanding Balance pay online?

BillOh

My first cruise was booked through a now defunct travel agency. I made my next reservation through RCCI's online site and succesfully put $500 down via my credit card. The cruise as you can see below is 640 days away. Is there a way to make payments online, or are you required to call RCCI?

I can log in and see all of my reservation details, I just don't see a payment option now.

The payment option (along with financial details) comes and goes. This has been an ongoing issue on RCCL's website for months. All I can suggest is to try again later. It will return (and disappear again, most likely :p).

This has happened to me. I called customer service and she denied that the button ever existed and said all payments had to be made through her. The button came back the next day. Thank God the onboard experience rarely resembles the customer service experience!

For our cruise last April (02/06 on Explorer) which was booked in October 2005, I made all my paymente online, on RCCL's website, right up to the final payment (sooo convenient).

Since I started the booking for my cruise next April 07, on Freedom, I've made three payments online already, including one I just made yesterday (Thursday, August 3rd), without any problems. Not sure what the OP is referring to. Sometimes the websites have technical difficulties and the option isn't viewable. Try it again in a couple of days.

I have never seen an online payment option, or any of my financial details (balance, payments made, etc.) online, though I've heard others have. Granted, this is my first cruise, but I booked directly through RCI. I check the site most every day and at different times of day. It would be really nice if it would finally show up! It seems like right about the time I booked our cruise, the website was redone, so to speak, and now between that and the excursion area of the site, I am not impressed. Here's to hoping all of the positive information I've heard about the onboard experience is true!

I have never seen an online payment option, or any of my financial details (balance, payments made, etc.) online, though I've heard others have. Granted, this is my first cruise, but I booked directly through RCI.

Did you also sign up for the "MY CRUISES" option??You'll see that at the top of www.rccl.com page.............this may help..

Did you also sign up for the "MY CRUISES" option??You'll see that at the top of www.rccl.com page.............this may help..

Yes, I have. I can see the other details (such as cabin number), but none of the financial stuff. I would assume that it would be with the information found under My Cruises. Is there something else I'm missing, or am I just one of the unlucky ones who can't ever seem to see that information online?

I've found that if you book on the website, the payment option is usually always there. Booking via the phone or onboard, sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Our current booking was made onboard, and the payment button wasn't showing up online, nor were any of the details of the price of the cruise. Suddenly, for unexplained reasons that all appeared in the online reservation last week. :D

I've found that if you book on the website, the payment option is usually always there. Booking via the phone or onboard, sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Our current booking was made onboard, and the payment button wasn't showing up online, nor were any of the details of the price of the cruise. Suddenly, for unexplained reasons that all appeared in the online reservation last week. :D

Maybe that's all that's wrong - we booked via phone. Oh well, I'll just continue to keep a look out for that option.

Yes, I have. I can see the other details (such as cabin number), but none of the financial stuff. I would assume that it would be with the information found under My Cruises. Is there something else I'm missing, or am I just one of the unlucky ones who can't ever seem to see that information online?

Maybe unlucky.sorry:( I just looked and I can(as of today) still see the payment button.........maybe it will pop back up for you........

I've always seen the "make payment" option. Have to go to view full details,

Having said that, today I "pushed" the make payment button and got an error "this reservation has custom air and no changes can be made!" So much for RCI website. They sure could use a good programmer.

I book over the phone. I go to my cruises, I click on the cruise number and I make payments. I just looked. I can see my Empress cruise. I can not see my Navigator cruises because they are two cruises back to back and are done differently.

This is what you will see on the right side of the page.

*Prices shown in U. S. Dollars including Government taxes and fees.

There will be a box there that says Make Payment.

If any information is incorrect or you'd like to change something, please contact our Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planners at (866) 562-7625.

For our cruise last April (02/06 on Explorer) which was booked in October 2005, I made all my paymente online, on RCCL's website, right up to the final payment (sooo convenient).

Since I started the booking for my cruise next April 07, on Freedom, I've made three payments online already, including one I just made yesterday (Thursday, August 3rd), without any problems. Not sure what the OP is referring to. Sometimes the websites have technical difficulties and the option isn't viewable. Try it again in a couple of days.

I did check last night and it was there, and payment was made with no problems. Makes me wonder if I just lost my sanity briefly the first time. :eek:

At least one other poster said he has seen it go away, so I don't feel too bad, and neither do my other personalities.

I've always seen the "make payment" option. Have to go to view full details,

Having said that, today I "pushed" the make payment button and got an error "this reservation has custom air and no changes can be made!" So much for RCI website. They sure could use a good programmer.

I tried it again today and I didn't have to view full details, and the payment screen came up with no problems. I guess with my cruise still 600+ days away I can afford to be more patient. Thanks for all the replies.

I book over the phone. I go to my cruises, I click on the cruise number and I make payments. I just looked. I can see my Empress cruise. I can not see my Navigator cruises because they are two cruises back to back and are done differently.

This is what you will see on the right side of the page.

*Prices shown in U. S. Dollars including Government taxes and fees.

There will be a box there that says Make Payment.

If any information is incorrect or you'd like to change something, please contact our Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planners at (866) 562-7625.

Unfortunately, this is all it says under View Full Details on mine:

I'll keep checking. I have until November to have it paid, but it would be nice to be able to view it and make partial payments online.:rolleyes:

Archived