RCCL is Trumped?

It can't be a real news story. The "story" is from February. I'm not sure why this agency ran it, but no one else did. If no one else ran this then it's bull.

Oh wait, it's a fake news site, like The Onion. There's some funny stuff here.

Guest LetMeGo

Fom a technical viewpoint... I suppose it would be possible to build a 470,000 grt cruise ship based on the Voyager-class of ships. (Although with the pricetag of $980 million you would have to build it out of styrofoam. :p ) But why would anybody want to, when it couldn't dock anywhere, or even approach most of the ports because it would be too darn big :D

I have to believe that and I hate it!! You see years ago in the 70's cruise ships were very small averaging 15,000 tons, then they got a a bit bigger 23,000 tons and so on to today 140,000 tons and larger in height, width and length. I recall in the late 80's in cruise travel magazines showed pictures of ships which exist now today and the only thing I said is wow. The ships today do look like the ones in that magazine mainly the Freedom and such but looking at that photo of the 14,000 passenger ship, I have to believe it is possible. Whether I cruise on a city like that is another story, I am beginning to get to my "end" of liking the extremely large ships of today. I do not bump into the same people each day as I used to and therefore don't make as many friends as I used to with the smaller ships, all these extras such as ice skating rink, rock climbing and such are mainly open only a couple of hours a day to me a waste, food is diminishing they are cutting costs and putting money into the "extras" such as the rock climbing, now they have a wave pool! The food is gearing to the average american burgers, hot dogs, fries and pizza...no longer will you find 5 star dining unless you go to the pay restaurants, things TO ME are changing for the worse in the cruise industry. I am 43 been on 30 cruises perhaps in a few years I will be cruised out at that time these "city ships" will come out and I be done with cruising, that is probably when I will resort to the complete tours such as Tauck Tours or similiar and give them my business? Who knows, but looking at those photo's and knowing what just came out recently and what is expected to come out within the next 5 years, I say what you see in that picture will take 10 years plus about time they exist.

at the very bottom of the page it sez in small print:

All Travel Fox stories are fictional and satirical and should not in any way be construed as fact.

They are intended for entertainment only. Please read our disclaimer.

All contents copyright © 2003-06 Applied Psychology. All rights reserved.

Wow - there really isn't much more I can say Wow!:eek:

Look on a world map you will see that Kyrgyzstan is a landlocked country in the heart of the old Soviet Union. I'd think this ship would be built in a coastal country so this has to be a Hoax:rolleyes:

Archived