water question..

mom 2 my boys

I have sailed on Costa 3 times already in the past, and I was shocked when I read this..but I saw somewhere it said you had to PURCHASE bottled water in the dinning room?!?! Is this true?? Do they no longer serve water with your meal? I'm talking about the Caribbean sailings, not European!

THATS SOOOO WEIRD if its true! LOL :eek:

I think you pay for MINERAL water - eg bottled water. If you ask for a jug of water it is free. There is also water, juice and coffee/tee available in the buffet restaurant all the time.

totally false - tap water on ice served when you arrive at dinner. waiters so good your glass will never go empty!

OK! LOL.. That's what I was thinking and thoght it was NUTS! LOL.. I have been on over 30 cruises in my lifetime and I just turned 35 yrs old! LOL.. But I havent been sailing as frequently as I used to in the past!

I did read it though, but I guess it was just on the European sailings....

Thanks again :D

It is absolutely true for Costa Europe cruises. They do charge for bottled water at the dinner table. We were not given an option of getting anything else unless we wanted to pay more for sparkling water.

But I think it might be unique to each ship. We took the Magica from Italy and paid nothing for the water. However, we were just on the Europa (10 day Med) and we were charged every night for water with no options of just getting tap water. So, as you might guess, that was my last cruise on the Europa!!! They were other issues, but generally I thought there were trying to "nickel and dime" the customers. On the other hand, I would go back on the Magica in a heartbeat. Great ship and great crew.

It is absolutely true for Costa Europe cruises. They do charge for bottled water at the dinner table. We were not given an option of getting anything else unless we wanted to pay more for sparkling water.

But I think it might be unique to each ship. We took the Magica from Italy and paid nothing for the water. However, we were just on the Europa (10 day Med) and we were charged every night for water with no options of just getting tap water. So, as you might guess, that was my last cruise on the Europa!!! They were other issues, but generally I thought there were trying to "nickel and dime" the customers. On the other hand, I would go back on the Magica in a heartbeat. Great ship and great crew.

WELL WE DONT KNOW WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR THIS....MAYBE TAP WATER WAS NOT SAFE TO DRINK?BUT ITS INTERESTING I WISH MORE PEOPLE REPLY TO THIS POST

Archived