Qm2 Want To Be Passenger Questions?

JAMESCC

James, at the top of the Cruise Critic Home Page, you can click on a link for many travel agencies. Give several of them a call and do a little comparison shopping. When you are speaking with an agent you can ask lots of questions. Also give Cunard a call and see what they offer. Once you have made several phone calls, you will know who offers the best prices. You also want to deal with an agent with whom you feel comfortable working. So if you find an agent who seems very knowledgable about Cunard and takes the time to thoroughly answer your questions, it might be worth paying a little more. Sometimes the cheapest price is not the determining factor. Good luck and I hope you find the perfect cruise.

James, at the top of the Cruise Critic Home Page, you can click on a link for many travel agencies. Give several of them a call and do a little comparison shopping. When you are speaking with an agent you can ask lots of questions. Also give Cunard a call and see what they offer. Once you have made several phone calls, you will know who offers the best prices. You also want to deal with an agent with whom you feel comfortable working. So if you find an agent who seems very knowledgable about Cunard and takes the time to thoroughly answer your questions, it might be worth paying a little more. Sometimes the cheapest price is not the determining factor. Good luck and I hope you find the perfect cruise.
Thanks great answer will look into that.

Hi James,

This is Maria of the infamous Karie-Maria duo.:D

Sorry I have been out of touch for a few days folks. (belated chemo side effects)

James - Just so you know, Cunard lowered the prices for the Labor Day cruise back in June. I think the price was $899 pp in all B,C and D catagories.

If you want to go to the Red Hook pier, you will not be let in. As far as I know security is very tight, and unless you have a ticket for a cruise, you are out of luck. Some other, more knowledgeable folks on these threads can probably advise you on that.

For anyone else going on the Labor Day cruise, my ticket says 1 formal night (the original cruise documents say 2), the ticket says two semi-formal and one casual. I am hedging my bets, just in case, and like a Boyscout, will be prepared.

James - please join us on this cruise. Between cruise critics and their friends and family, we have over 60 people sailing!

Anyone else that is sailing with us, please let me know either through my email, which is listed above or on our Roll Call thread, which is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72 and scroll down to QM2 Sept. 2, 2006. I will be happy to add you to our cruiser list and even make you one of our spiffy name tags for our CC Meet and Greet in the Commodore Club on Sunday, Sept. 3rd, at 2pm.

Happy Sailing Everyone.

Smiles,:)

Maria

Hi James,

This is Maria of the infamous Karie-Maria duo.:D

Sorry I have been out of touch for a few days folks. (belated chemo side effects)

James - Just so you know, Cunard lowered the prices for the Labor Day cruise back in June. I think the price was $899 pp in all B,C and D catagories.

If you want to go to the Red Hook pier, you will not be let in. As far as I know security is very tight, and unless you have a ticket for a cruise, you are out of luck. Some other, more knowledgeable folks on these threads can probably advise you on that.

For anyone else going on the Labor Day cruise, my ticket says 1 formal night (the original cruise documents say 2), the ticket says two semi-formal and one casual. I am hedging my bets, just in case, and like a Boyscout, will be prepared.

James - please join us on this cruise. Between cruise critics and their friends and family, we have over 60 people sailing!

Anyone else that is sailing with us, please let me know either through my email, which is listed above or on our Roll Call thread, which is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72 and scroll down to QM2 Sept. 2, 2006. I will be happy to add you to our cruiser list and even make you one of our spiffy name tags for our CC Meet and Greet in the Commodore Club on Sunday, Sept. 3rd, at 2pm.

Happy Sailing Everyone.

Maria

Thank you for the informed respose and I'm sorry for the chmo affects. I know what your going through my father had to endure chemo as well. I hope you are doing well. Hers what I want to know about the formal night. We had them in Princess too and i wore a tie but no jacket and they let me in no problem. My friend had a jacket but no tie and let him in.Is the formal night that strict that you MUST wear a TUX or complete black suit? Are there alternatives to go to on that one night incase they do refuse you? again thanks for the informative respose I appreciate and i hope you are feeling better.

Hi and Thank you for your kind words.

Yes James - The tux/dark suit rule in the dining rooms is enforced on the QM2.

But if you do not wish to dress up, you may make reservations in the restaurants on deck 7 (like the Lotus). I saw many people who did not wish to dress formally dining at these restaurants on formal nights.

Hope this helps.

Maria

Thanks thats all I was looking for. I would imagine the food on Cunard ships are the best of all the cruise lines. Also does anyone know who the new captain is since Captain Warwick retired? Just curious on that one.

Also does anyone know who the new captain is since Captain Warwick retired? Just curious on that one.

On our Transatlantic in May this year the Master was Captain Christopher Rynd, who I beleive is the new Chief Master of the QM2. He is from New Zealand but was in the Royal Navy and was a Master on the QE2 until be came on board the QM2. I understand that he was sailing with Commodore Warwick on his last official voyage but I don't know for sure. If any of this is wrong I would be happy to be corrected.

Happy sailing.

Eddie

Archived