Pax Who Choose Ocean View Cabins

Ms Belvedere

After looking at mcbor's pics in another thread I was wondering if those of you in ocean view rooms actually spend time looking out of the window or do you find yourselves taking it for granted like you would a window at home.

We've been in inside rooms on short cruises and have had balconies on longer cruises. I'm wondering if the ocean view would be a decent alternative on a longer cruise, if it gives you a feel of having the ocean closer to you or if you find yourselves ignoring the view?

Do you sit and have a drink while looking out the window, order room service and eat by the window to enjoy the scene outside? I appreciate your thoughts on the Ocean View rooms.

Ms B

After looking at mcbor's pics in another thread I was wondering if those of you in ocean view rooms actually spend time looking out of the window or do you find yourselves taking it for granted like you would a window at home.

We've been in inside rooms on short cruises and have had balconies on longer cruises. I'm wondering if the ocean view would be a decent alternative on a longer cruise, if it gives you a feel of having the ocean closer to you or if you find yourselves ignoring the view?

Do you sit and have a drink while looking out the window, order room service and eat by the window to enjoy the scene outside? I appreciate your thoughts on the Ocean View rooms.

Ms B

I've had an OV cabin on 3 cruises, all shorter cruises... I never take it for granted. I would always prefer a balcony I guess, but I love looking out in the morning and seeing where I am. It's soothing to me... I can't imagine having an inside, I have no desire... I like to at least "look" I have done "many" fun things while looking out the window :eek::D:p

Ms B

http://community.webshots.com/photo/527066370/1527072655011532341nxlwBU

I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but the window sill was wide enough to sit in. I spent a lot of time sitting up there. It's where I had my coffee every morning.

The only problem was they never cleaned the salt off of it all week so it got harder and harder to see.

Cabin2434.jpg.38617c2acf6828cf4011efd4c4fc6a60.jpg

I've had an OV cabin on 3 cruises, all shorter cruises... I never take it for granted. I would always prefer a balcony I guess, but I love looking out in the morning and seeing where I am. It's soothing to me... I can't imagine having an inside, I have no desire... I like to at least "look" I have done "many" fun things while looking out the window :eek::D:p

The inside rooms are beginning to feel claustrophobic, we've done 3 or 4 and have an inside booked on the Liberty in Jan 07. Thanks for your thoughts on having the window. (I'm afraid to ask what kind of FUN you've been doing while looking out the window -LOL!!) :p

On our Elation cruise, I watched the dolphins follow the ship from our window. Looked like they were playing with us. It was too cool!

That would be another advantage, you're that much closer to water level and can see more of what's going on right beside the ship. With a balcony you're looking down at everything.

In our two cruises, we've had a nice, wide window sill below the OV window. It's fun to just sit up on that sill for a little while and watch the water go while listening to the IPOD.

I can see DH doing this.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/527066370/1527072655011532341nxlwBU

I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but the window sill was wide enough to sit in. I spent a lot of time sitting up there. It's where I had my coffee every morning.

The only problem was they never cleaned the salt off of it all week so it got harder and harder to see.

Thanks for the picture, the ocean view is sounding better and better! Wonder if you tipped the room steward if he'd go out there and clean it? JUST kidding! :D

The inside rooms are beginning to feel claustrophobic, we've done 3 or 4 and have an inside booked on the Liberty in Jan 07. Thanks for your thoughts on having the window. (I'm afraid to ask what kind of FUN you've been doing while looking out the window -LOL!!)

Don't be afraid, just go with it :D Something about watching the ocean go by early in the morning :eek::eek::D:D

I agree with everyone here...ocean view cabins tend to be lower thus you are closer to the water...had one last year and it was ok, sometimes at night when i could not sleep all i did was just watch the water go by(we had a cabin on the lowest deck) , that would sure get me tired and i found sleep would come easier after doing that for about 10 to 15mins. Plus when you get to any port you are almost at eye level with people who are on the docks...wave at them (then you close the curtains :D)

What ship are you considering? We are booked on the Glory a 6B 2473 it's in the back of the ship but the room is huge, our PVP sent us pictures and the room is about the size of a suite. On some of the ships rooms 2473 and 2470 are the same . I can't wait to see ours in person will give a review on it after we sail.

What ship are you considering? We are booked on the Glory a 6B 2473 it's in the back of the ship but the room is huge, our PVP sent us pictures and the room is about the size of a suite. On some of the ships rooms 2473 and 2470 are the same . I can't wait to see ours in person will give a review on it after we sail.

I'm thinking of swapping out our inside room on the Lido deck on Liberty for a Guar. O.V. The balconies are sold out and I'm not sure there will be any even when last payment is due.

I'd love to see your pics, if you take any, and to read your review when you get back from the Glory. Sounds like you're going to have a GREAT room! Glory has Fish and Chips...mmmmmmmmmmm.

That does it, I've got to try an OV.

The choice is, get an Inside and see NOTHING, or pay a little more an get an OV and at LEAST see the ocean... choice is yours!!! For us, my first cabin way OV and my BF got VERY sick... I was glad to have the OV room, as I could at least see the ocean while I endured the "sick cabin"... ugh.!!!! LOL!

We had an OV on the Liberty. (Main Deck, Deck 2) Not too close to the water, and the views were really nice. My kids were always sitting in the window. After being in an inside for our previous 4 cruises, we will never book another inside AGAIN!

Your pictures on there way.

I had a post written and it disappeared. :( That cabin is as big as a hotel room! And 2470 is the same size? I'll have to call our PVP and see what's available. Thanks again for sending your pics and to everyone for sharing their opinions on the Ocean View rooms!

Ms B

P.S. I just saw that you're sailing on the Glory next month. That's almost here already!

I'll will have already had a couple of drinks by the time you leave LOL we leave on the 23rd. Yes 2470 is the same size, good luck and have a great cruise....................Steve

We'll be getting to the Radisson as you're pulling out of Port.

Archived