Pax Who Choose Ocean View Cabins

Ms Belvedere

We had an OV on the Liberty. (Main Deck, Deck 2) Not too close to the water, and the views were really nice. My kids were always sitting in the window. After being in an inside for our previous 4 cruises, we will never book another inside AGAIN!

We've enjoyed trying the inside cabins and the savings in price but I think it's time to see the water from our room when cruising.

This will be our first OV, really like balconies but the rooms are small, same as an inside, and this was to good of deal to pass up. price was right and all of that space, and if my behind will fit in the window thats just a plus.

Ms Belvedere,

If you will be on the Liberty eastern itinerary, you really need to check out this thread and review (with LOTS of great pix) from April 2006 -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=324604

He posted pics of his cabin, 2462, on page 8 of the thread.

(Even if your itinerary is Western, you should take a look at the many pictures of places and things on Liberty on this thread.)

Ms Belvedere,

If you will be on the Liberty eastern itinerary, you really need to check out this thread and review (with LOTS of great pix) from April 2006 -

(Even if your itinerary is Western, you should take a look at the many pictures of places and things on Liberty on this thread.)

We had an oceanview on our first cruise this past June, and I can't imagine not booking at least oceanview from now on. My DD and I both loved to sit in the window and watch the ocean while we were sailing. I loved being able to wake up in the different ports and look out the window first thing to see what was going on. It was wonderful, I'll never forget it. :rolleyes: Can't wait to do it again..........:eek: soon!:D

Ms Belvedere,

I'm headed over there now to read the review, We're on the Western, San Juan, St Thom, Antigua, Tortola, and Naussau.

Let me just say it outright.

If someone GAVE me a cruise in an inside, I would definitely go, but I would never choose to sail an inside when I am buying.

Love a balcony for the open air, but an oceanview is, as has been said, closer to the water and I like to watch the water go by up close and personal! :) Wish balconies were lower. Some ships do have lower balconies than others. I will always do ov or balcony.

Go for the window definitely.

Let me just say it outright.

If someone GAVE me a cruise in an inside, I would definitely go, but I would never choose to sail an inside when I am buying.

Love a balcony for the open air, but an oceanview is, as has been said, closer to the water and I like to watch the water go by up close and personal! :) Wish balconies were lower. Some ships do have lower balconies than others. I will always do ov or balcony.

Go for the window definitely.

There were other circumstances, too, that caused us to get the inside cabins on the short cruises, but I think we're done with short cruises overall and will have balconies or OV in the future.

Don't know how I missed this entire thread when it was posted back in April:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=324604

What an amazing picture review!

If you have occasion to do a Fantasy class ship consider a 5A porthole room. We did E8 on the Fantasy in May and it was a fantastic bargain. You ARE far forward, but the price makes it very appealing and the location makes the hallway VERY quiet. The porthole windows have the same deep sill where you can sit and watch the ocean go by all for the price of an inside!:D

We loved our 6B cabin on Carnival Victory, and did gaze out the window quite often. We've also had balcony cabins on a couple of lines, yet the saying "Once you have a balcony, you'd never go without one" didn't hold true for us, as the 6Bs are large and comfortable. And, if you're on a Destiny- or Conquest-class ship, these are also very conveniently located to the lobby, dining rooms, and show lounge, as well as the outdoor promenade.

I was on the inspiration in september of 04 with 6 other people. everyone except for 2 had OV's. i had an OV on the main deck with 1 1/2 problems. the main problem was my cabin was the first one in the very front of the ship. the 1/2 problem was they were porthole windows, so not too much of a view. it was not much fun when we were going through 20-25 foot swells in the gulf due to hurricane frances crossing florida. the waves were coming up over my windows and the extreme movement rolled me right out of bed and caused me to fall out of the shower. other than that...the cabin was great. :D

If you have occasion to do a Fantasy class ship consider a 5A porthole room. We did E8 on the Fantasy in May and it was a fantastic bargain. You ARE far forward, but the price makes it very appealing and the location makes the hallway VERY quiet. The porthole windows have the same deep sill where you can sit and watch the ocean go by all for the price of an inside!:D

Thanks Bunkie, that's good advice. If we end up going on the Fantasy or Sensation again I'll book a 5a.

Ms B

Frito? I'd love those photos too as I have the same cabin booked on the Destiny in November.....

fancy_goods@mindspring.com

Michele, Do you have cabin 2340 or 2341 booked on the Destiny? From the deck plans on the Carnival site it looks like those would be at the same areas on the ship. THese are the pictures that Frito58 sent to me from his PVP.

2150923710060067361nOaqzR

Picture 2

2479209980060067361ZJSnBF

We obviously would prefer a balcony but when we cruise with the kids, I am afraid for their safety with the balcony in our stateroom. So we get oceanview when they cruise.

I put them in the window sill of the Jubilee for late snack one day. I lined the sill with pillows and served them their lunch up there while they watched the nightly action at Mallory Square Key west! Our window was just above the doorway to come on and off the ship so they got a real great view of the people coming and going. They even spotted their Dad and sister that stayed in port longer waiting to have henna tats dry among the crowd watching the actsin the Square!

Ms Belvedere, The Liberty has the same deck plan give me your e-mail and we will send you pictures of the room that Our PVP sent us.

Steve, We did get Room 2470 on the Liberty. We asked our PVP to keep an eye open for a balcony but in the meantime we actually lucked into one of the big OVs. Thank you for you suggestion! :)

Ms B

I've had an OV cabin on 3 cruises, all shorter cruises... I never take it for granted. I would always prefer a balcony I guess, but I love looking out in the morning and seeing where I am. It's soothing to me... I can't imagine having an inside, I have no desire... I like to at least "look" I have done "many" fun things while looking out the window :eek::D:p

I don't think I could ever take and inside cabin either. I need to see the sun in the morning.

We obviously would prefer a balcony but when we cruise with the kids, I am afraid for their safety with the balcony in our stateroom. So we get oceanview when they cruise.

I put them in the window sill of the Jubilee for late snack one day. I lined the sill with pillows and served them their lunch up there while they watched the nightly action at Mallory Square Key west! Our window was just above the doorway to come on and off the ship so they got a real great view of the people coming and going. They even spotted their Dad and sister that stayed in port longer waiting to have henna tats dry among the crowd watching the actsin the Square!

What a fun experience for your children, I'll bet they loved that!

Steve, We did get Room 2470 on the Liberty. We asked our PVP to keep an eye open for a balcony but in the meantime we actually lucked into one of the big OVs. Thank you for you suggestion! :)

Ms B

Mrs. B, your welcome have a great cruise.

we love the window for most reasons stated above.

i especially like to see what time of morning it is when i wake up.

spend some time just watching the water or watching the port get closer.

last year we booked inside and missed it.

Archived