Chankanaab or Paradise Beach

Gradelady

We will be coming to Cozumel on the Enchantment at the end of July. Would like to spend part of the day at a beach where there is good food and drink, and some easy snorkeling. Have been to Chankanaab, but was wondering about Paradise Beach. Will it be too crowded? We are coming with some good friends who are first time cruisers and want to show them a good time! Which do you think is best?

Do Paradise Beach ---- the food and beverage is great!!!! There is some easy snorkeling behind the iceberg and the snorkel equipment is free with a refundable deposit. You will not be disappointed. We were there last Friday and loved every minute. It was hard to leave.

But, we visited Paradise Beach last week and thought it was a delightful place. We snorkled the two days before at Playa Corona and Dhul-Ha so we did not even think to check out snorkleing opportunities.

The food and water activities at Paradise Beach cannot be beaten. We truly had a Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Judy

Gradelady...it's low season right now till about Nov. so I can promise we won't be too crowded! We have a natural sloping beach, so the water entry will be easy. It'll get gradually deeper, and then before ya know it, you are snorkeling. The snorkeling isn't too exciting close in though...look for the red buoys that mark some coral heads that are teeming with fishies...have fun!

LisaMc...thanx for the nice review, glad you enjoyed our beach!

txadmin2...thanx as well, for the review! Your name seems familiar, do you post on another board? Also, how did the tar spill affect the snorkeling at Playa Corona? Thanx...adios!

txadmin2...thanx as well, for the review! Your name seems familiar, do you post on another board? Also, how did the tar spill affect the snorkeling at Playa Corona? Thanx...adios!

Yes, Tom, I post on several Cozumel boards. We were in Cozumel June 23 - 30. I had read in the Insider that Playa Corona was closed; however, we were there on Thursday, the 24th and some folks that were at Casa del Mar went there on Saturday, the 26th. We couldn't even find the "tar collector". :confused:

Sure wish we had known about the red buoys and coral heads. But, not to worry, Cozumel is our vacation of choice. We will return. :D

Judy

Tom, how far out and deep are the Coral Heads? I know you have gear rental, but I assume it's ok if we bring our own? Do you know where the Enchantment docks and how far (cost) it will be for the taxi ride to your beach? Thanks!

I'm guessin' about 70 ft out and about 6 ft. down! You're within a roped off area, so don't worry about traffic...look for the red buoys that mark the coral heads.

We don't rent equipment...it's free!...so yeah, use your own if you want!

The Enchantment docks at the International Pier, which is a $12USD ride to PB.

See you all soon!

Well,

I Just printed out a little itenerary and put it on the fridge for the family to see. I put all the info next to all the ports of call. Next to Cozumel I have simply stated, "Paradise Beach, nuff said". hehehe. This board has me convinced it is THE place to go for what we are looking for!

Tom - me, my hubby and our teenaged daughter (19) and son (16) will be there on Thursday, August 5th. Can't wait to meet you and your friendly staff. Sounds like our type of day! :D

~Kim

Come introduce yourself next time you're on the island...you can check out the coral heads as well!

The next time we are in Cozumel will be in November; however, we will just be there for one day and we will be traveling with our son who is in a wheel chair. Would be wonderful if we could get him to the water at Paradise Beach.

You don't happen to have a sand wheelchair, do you? :confused:

Judy

P.S. Cruisin Around, you probably could hit both spots in one day. Someone else will give you the exact distance, but they are both on the same road. Of course, there is only one road around the island! :D

Cruisin' Around...you can easily do both, we're only about 3 miles apart.

No, not a Rush fan, could never get over Geddy Lee's nails-on-the-chalkboard voice!

See you in Oct!

txadmin2...sorry, no sand wheelchairs but we have a crack crew who can carry your son (in one of our regular chairs) down to the waters edge, or wherever you want! We've done it before!

lpglarry...nope no charge to get in, no charge for the the chairs or water toys either. Just drink heavily, so we can meet payroll and we'll both be happy ;)!! We have change rooms and fresh water showers for you as well...see ya soon!

ExhaltHim...a generous offer, thank you, but I'll just have been back from vacation, so I'm sure my larder will be full!! Thanx again, and hasta la vista!

Hi Tom,

I an so glad we will be able to visit both Chankanaab & Paradise Beach! Thands for getting back to me. By the way, what is your favorite Chunky Soup? I have to admit I share your love of soup- I have it almost every day for lunch- even when it's hot in Pittsburgh! I also have to agree with you on Rush! Geddy's voice is...different!

I look forward to meeting you!

Tom,

We're coming in on the Rhapsody of the Seas, I believe on the 20th - the day after our anniversary. My wife and kids (10 and 12) are beach fans, and if this beach is half as nice as all of the posters on all of these boards make it out to be, I might even be enticed into having a good time - I'm looking forward to some really good Mexican food/drink.

See you there.

Greg.

You'll find me in the shade in front of the Duty Free store, (or possibly right at the entrance, enjoying the blast of A.C. at the doorway!) but if you miss me there, I'll be at the beach later on around noon-1pm making the rounds! Hasta la vista!

Archived