Time of Disembarking???

Could someone give me a realistic time that you think we would be off the Explorer of the Seas coming in from a 9 nighter into Cape Liberty? I need to arrange for pickup with a service and if they have to wait too long for us they will start charging us. I don't mind if we have to wait a few for them if we get off earlier than expected, but what is a realistic time?

Thanks

Our ship docked at 7 (actually, that was the posted time--I think we arrived earlier) and we were off the ship by 8:15 am. If you need to hustle yourselves off, just tell them you have an early flight, and they will put you in one of the 1st lines to leave. If you can carry your own bags off, then you just go whenever you want!

I remember having to go thru customs and then your put in catagories and then waiting around in the theater for them to call certain groups that it's ok to leave. It took a while but I don't think we were ever off that early. This is a full ship too. I was thinking more like 10-ish??

I don't understand why so many people are in a hurry to get OFF the ship!! I'm always in a hurry to get on - - and then I don't want it to ever end.:p

On the last day, relax-- if you don't have to hurry to catch a flight or whatever. Go to the Windjammer, (dinning room if it is available), and have some breakfast and another cup of coffee. Don't worry about the colors they are calling. As long as they have called yours, you can go whenever you want (to a point).;)

We always relax and enjoy the morning. We spend extra time saying goodbye to all our new friends we made on the cruise, enjoy time talking to the staff that have been so great, people-watch out the window and think of how glad we are not to be in that crowd down there. Lots of things.:cool:

Then, around 10:30 or 11:00, when they start announcing that everyone should be off by now, we gather up our carry-ons and items and casually walk to get our luggage and head for the airport and our puposely scheduled 2:00 or 3:00 flight home.

Do this and have your service meet you whenever YOU want them to.

Hope this helps.:D

On the Rhapsody they gave us colored luggage tags and then we were given a paper with which time we would be called to disembark. We were suppose to get off at 9AM so we had breakfast in the dining room and then went to the theater to wait. They actually called our color at 8:40 and getting off the ship was fairly fast. Then we had to go to get our luggage. This didnt take much time really. The longest line was at the customs. That took about 20 minutes. We were at the other terminal for the rental car at 9:45 and we had to walk a ways. So the total time was not too bad. It took us longer to get our car.

Yvonne

I don't understand why so many people are in a hurry to get OFF the ship!! I'm always in a hurry to get on - - and then I don't want it to ever end.:p

On the last day, relax-- if you don't have to hurry to catch a flight or whatever. Go to the Windjammer, (dinning room if it is available), and have some breakfast and another cup of coffee. Don't worry about the colors they are calling. As long as they have called yours, you can go whenever you want (to a point).;)

We always relax and enjoy the morning. We spend extra time saying goodbye to all our new friends we made on the cruise, enjoy time talking to the staff that have been so great, people-watch out the window and think of how glad we are not to be in that crowd down there. Lots of things.:cool:

Then, around 10:30 or 11:00, when they start announcing that everyone should be off by now, we gather up our carry-ons and items and casually walk to get our luggage and head for the airport and our puposely scheduled 2:00 or 3:00 flight home.

Do this and have your service meet you whenever YOU want them to.

Hope this helps.:D

That sounds like a plan. We will enjoy breakfast and more coffee, let the crowds pass, then eventually make our way to baggage pick up. That way we can tell the shuttle 11:00 and not worry about being out there on time. This works with our schedule since our plane doesn't leave until 5:00.

Thanks. I don't need to be all stressed out about getting off the ship. Not this time.

Archived