Crown Princess and debarkation

TorontoTL

I've heard that there is express debarkation (or is that disembarkation, sorry if I've used the incorrect term) on the Crown Princess in NYC. Do you think I could easily make a 1230 flight from La Guiardia airport to Canada. The other option would be a much later flight like 1630. What do you think?

We used the Express Debarkation yesterday and made a 10am flight...we were able to fly standby and get on the earlier flight (we orginally had a 2pm flight booked). So, based on our experience making a 12:30pm flight should be fine.

We were off of the Crown by 8:15am (including going through customs), and at LaGuardia by 9:00am.

Enjoy your trip on the Crown!:D

:) Thank you ssabaste! I am sailing on the Crown 8/25 and have had the same concerns about making my 10:00 flight out of LGA. I don't know what I was thinking when I originally booked my flight. At any rate, I hope I am as fortunate as you were! Thanks!

Interesting that Princess say they won't guarantee you to be at any NY airport before 1pm. I could have had a 12:30 flight back to Vancouver but am now taking the 4:30 one.

I guess if things get delayed Princess are saying in advance that it is up to the individual if they want to risk it.

I've heard that there is express debarkation (or is that disembarkation, sorry if I've used the incorrect term) on the Crown Princess in NYC. Do you think I could easily make a 1230 flight from La Guiardia airport to Canada. The other option would be a much later flight like 1630. What do you think?

Hi Benny,

I was reading the other postings and lo and behold, found this new posting here. We're all in the same boat...lol...quite literally. We're all heading back to the airport too after disembarkation. Maybe we could all share the cost for a big van if they have them there????

My wife's sister and niece both are leaving back to TO. Her flight is at, I do believe 1:30 pm. From what I recall, my TA indicated that any flights earlier than 1pm back to Canada was really pushing it. So we're gonna have to leave as quick as possible off the ship as my wife's sister blew her knee out and requires assistance at La Guardia and in TO, so we're gonna have to be there to facilitate this. I hate being rushed but we're not gonna have much of a choice.

Hope this helps you in your decision, but if it were me, I'd take the later flight, no rushing. Luckily we don't fly out til 1630 hrs but leaving to Ottawa before connecting back to Edmonton.

Hi Stan, we ended up booking the earlier flight for 12:30 pm. I think we will take advantage of the express/self debarkation. We have used it before on the Dawn and were able to be almost the first getting off the ship. In that type of scenario even if there are few customs agents at the port, there will be a very small line at most. If anyone in your party is doing the same thing and is off at the same time it would be great to share a cab/van to get to the airport!

Archived