Maiden/Married name and passport

KJMommy04

I have a question about customs and my passport. My passport and drivers license are both in my maiden name. My military dependent id is in my married name (that is what I use for everything). And my birth certificate, obviously is in my maiden name. I would really like to use my passport b/c from past experiences it seems to make things go faster when clearing customs. Is this going to be a problem since my name is now different? Thanks! :)

I was advised to get everything changed over to my Married name, That included my Social security also. I had to get a copy of my marriage license, and give it to S.S. and then send it off to the passport place with a new picture and a check for 67.00. If you want it done quickly, they say in 3 days, then you have to send it expediated and it will cost 127.00 . I dont know if thats helpful at all, but I figure its easier than trying to explain the name difference at a forign port.

afpilotwife

A couple of quick questions, when are you leaving? Would you have time to have you name change on your passport? Are you flying? And what name is your cruise in?

msbeaurivage

We sail on Sept. 17, flying to Miami on Sept. 16. The cruise is in my married name as is the flight. Flying has never been a problem b/c I have my military id. I also have changed my social security card into my married name.

I just went ahead and changed my passport to reflect my married name.

You can download the forms online and you send it in with your current passport and marriage license.

It was free when I did this last summer but now there seems to be a fee.

My passport is in my maiden name. I was warned by the Carnival PVP that my passport name and booking name must be the same or I might not be let on board. So, we booked using my maiden name so it matches my passport. I suppose maybe since they accept DL's and BC's, you could show those so everything is linked, maybe.

I just went ahead and changed my passport to reflect my married name.

You can download the forms online and you send it in with your current passport and marriage license.

It was free when I did this last summer but now there seems to be a fee.

I've had my passport changed to my married name as well, but no fee. I just checked the government passport site and there is still no fee for a name change unless you want expedited service or it has been more than one year since you first got your passport.

I have nothing to add, except thanks to your husband for his service. My sister just married a Marine who is about to go to Iraq.

Luckily she didn't get her passport yet, so it won't be too much of a hassle for our December cruise :).

Archived