??'s regarding Spirit suites

McCutie

Hi~

...Does anyone know if there is a huge difference between the AD and the AC penthouse suites on the Spirit? I know the sq ft is slightly larger with the AD and I know that the location is different but I was wondering if it was worth the additional fee?

and does anyone happen to have any recent pics? specifically of the AC's?

thanks

I don't know about the AD suites, but from my research I found out that the AC suites on the Spirit, (as well as the AB suites on the Star) have a shower and a big whirlpool tub next to large windows. Personally, I'd take that over the AD. I haven't found any other ships that have this, and I think being in your whirlpool tub (or shower!) looking out over the ocean trumps extra square footage any day! We actually have an AB suite on the Star next month, and can't wait! (The AB Star suite has 2 bedrooms, though, and I think the AC Spirit does not.)

Also, I know someone on these boards has links to photos of both rooms - just do a search for AC Spirit or AB Star.

I really hope that wasn't too confusing. Happy cruising!

Not confusing at all :)

I saw pics of the AC and I was def. intrigued by the whirlpool tub with the big window & then I quickly remembered that my 2 year old will be with us too :) so no relaxation there :) :) but it still looks good....

any other input or suggestions would be great!

We have an AD suite booked on the Spirit in Jan. 07. They have the exact same layout as the ACs (although I thought the ACs had a bit more square feet) and the main difference is the ADs are aft, and face the very back of the boat. There are only 4 cabins on the whole ship that face aft - the 3 ADs and the 2 AA suites on the corners. I'm excited about the aft view - esp. from the tub!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Are the interior dimensions of the AD less than the AC? Couldn't find this on the NCL site. From the pictures above, it looks like they are the same, so I am wondering why the price difference.

AD

Cabin 9710

• Crib (1)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Private Balcony (1)
  • Bathtub (1)
  • Whirlpool (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Queen Size Bed (1)
  • Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)
  • Digital Video Disc Player (1)
  • Stereo/CD Player (1)
  • Balcony Square Footage (84)
  • Cabin Square Footage (330)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Aft Section
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Port Side
  • Pier aft
  • Butler Service
  • Concierge
  • Sitting Area
  • Connecting Room (9708)
  • Dining room area

AC

Cabin 10008

• Crib (1)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Private Balcony (1)
  • Bathtub (1)
  • Whirlpool (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Queen Size Bed (1)
  • Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)
  • Digital Video Disc Player (1)
  • Stereo/CD Player (1)
  • VCR (1)
  • Balcony Square Footage (86)
  • Cabin Square Footage (350)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Forward Section
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Pier forward
  • Butler Service
  • Concierge
  • Sitting Area
  • Connecting Room (10006)
  • Dining room area

Thanks as usual Shoreguy. Now tehe price difference really doesnt make sense. The AD is 20 sq ft smaller inside but has a bigger balcony. The AC balcony was very small, room for one chair only, and there was a perpendicular bench seat on the wall, definitely not 86 feet!

Thanks as usual Shoreguy. Now tehe price difference really doesnt make sense. The AD is 20 sq ft smaller inside but has a bigger balcony. The AC balcony was very small, room for one chair only, and there was a perpendicular bench seat on the wall, definitely not 86 feet!

Looking at the deck plan and cabin layout not sure how it could be 85 sf .

spirit_diag_pent.gif.e2c8751994cf2c40f108a973f45552ee.gif

• 3 weeks later...
AD has a 85sqf balcony...it has a slightly different layout and the balcony spans the whole lenth of the penthouse! I will be in 9212 for it's last bermuda cruise...I will post pic's afterwards!

Looking forward to your pics and comments on the suite.. Let me know if the vibration is bad / tolerable.. Thanks !

I will let you all know, but after I had once a cabin on the QE2 right over the probs...nothing can shock me. I know, when I'm in a aft cabin, I will feel the probs and the engines. That is more then normal, but as I said I will let you know, if it should be abnormal. 1 more week!

• 1 month later...

I have to disagree with Shoreguy that the AC suites on the spirit are 85sq ft, I personally stayed in suite 10512 and had a big ding dong with NCL over the sq footage of this balcony. I made NCL actually go upto this suite and physically measure the balcony and they came back and apologized to me and admitted this balcony was only 36 sq ft and i persued it through NCL uk and got approx 650 US dollar refund. I did point out to them that their brochure was misleading. I do realise some cruisers may not be interested in the balcony sizes but at the time we wanted to relax on our balcony and keep away from the crowds around the pool. we just wanted a quiet time together.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived