Hyatt Regency Miami

Mama2sean

We were on the FOS 7/2 sailing and stayed at the Hyatt for 3 days prior.. it's about a mile to the pier. We had a great view of the drawbridge. We had a very pleasant exp w/the Hyatt. The only downsize (if you can count this) is the breakfast buffet was overpriced($20+ a person) for what was offered, only because they couldn't keep up with demand. Everyone was friendly and our room was fresh and clean. On a scale from 1-10 I'd give em' a 8:)

We are flying in the day before our 8-27-06 Freedom of the Seas cruise. How close to the pier is the Hyatt Regency? Any opinions/information you care to share about the hotel? Thanks for your help.

I stayed there in January and will stay again this month and next. It is a very nice hotel. For this months stay, I was able to get a rate on their website that included full cooked breakfast....I thought the rate was quite reasonable. They have a nice pool and most rooms have a view. I'm not good at "mileage" but it is about a 10 minute taxi ride! You can also make arrangements with the front desk for a shuttle to the piers - at your expense, of course. Don't know the cost. I find a taxi easier and relatively price friendly.

Check out their website - click on the tab for "specials" or "packages" - not quite sure of the verbiage....

I stayed there back in February and didn't have a good experience with the housekeeping. The mold and dirt was so bad I took pictures and sent them to Hyatt. I never did that before for any hotel. There was sand on the bedspread of one of the beds. I can't attest if this whole hotel is this way, but be sure to inspect the room before accepting it. In our case, the hotel was full and we couldn't switch.

As far as close to the pier - it's a short taxi ride. I think about 10 mins if that.

I stayed at the Hyatt this year and the Intercontinental last year and out of the two I would definately go for the Intercontinental. I did enjoy my stay at the Hyatt but I would not go back if I had the choice of the Inter which is on the same price scale. The only advantage the Hyatt had was that it was attached to the Metromover but this form of transport does not appeal to everyone although we used it a lot. This year once we walked past the Inter the walking was not very good as there were no sidewaks as there is a lot of construction work going on. Inter is a shade nearer than the Hyatt with better views of the port as the Hyatt is round the corner from the Inter. Both are much the same time from the pier about 10 mins in a taxi.

Thanks for info! Is the Hyatt walking distance to Bayside Marketplace? Is it a safe area to be walking around in the evening? Does anyone know of any "local" Cuban restaurants close to the hotel? I booked this hotel through Priceline for August 26th and got a rate of $60.00 per nite ($75.00 all inclusive with Priceline's fees). For that rate, I figure I can't really go wrong...Any more info is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

I too booked the Hyatt for August 26 on priceline for $85 pre cruise on the Valor. From my research, Bayside is within walking distance (20 min) and it's been recommended to go to South Beach for good Cuban food. If you read my posts, you'll find alot of answers. I hope you have a nice cruise, that ship is beautiful!

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at the Hyatt August 19/06. The room was beautiful-no complaints at all and I am a clean freak! Our room overlooked the bay right in front of the drawbridge. Wow a reall cool thing to watch.

We booked through priceline 8 months out and paid $60. The hotel is big but very quiet. It has a nice pool area-we went swimming the morning of our cruise. There is a small gym that Dh used too. There vending machines near the gym for late night snacks but we ordered room service.

Our room had two double beds. We were there with our 12 year old son.

They have keyboards that connect to the tv(for a monitor)internet which my son used to play some online games-the cost of that was only 9.95. We checked the weather network for our cruise with it as well as sent email. It was a little difficult to use as we had never seen this before. However with a 12 year old on hand we made it through.

We got our requests as well-high floor, non smoking ,two beds, overlooking the water.

The hotel was 4 minutes from the port (I actually used the stopwatch on my son's watch so I could report back here. It cost $7 plus tip.

It was very close to bayside marketplace as well in fact if I had realized how close I would have taken a taxi instead of the people mover. The people mover was easy and free but there were homeless people escaping the heat on it both ways (it is cool in there). And the people mover required some walking to get to. Wear sensible shoes-unlike myself and it isn't far at all of a walk.

Archived