Sailing out of Ft Lauderdale

Questionis which airport does RCCL use for passengers sailing out of Ft Lauderdale? Ft Lauderdale or Miami? I will be flying out of NYC and would hope that RCCL provided air transportation would be non-stop flights into Ft Lauderdale. Anyone have info?

While we have not cruised from Ft. Lauderdale, we have cruised from Miami. People have been flown into both airports for Miami cruises, thus I would assume that you could be flown into either airport. Since you have purchased airfare through RCI, transfers are also included.

If you are looking for specific flights, I would recommend you purchase the air deviation which will allow you to pick flights and thus obtain N/S flights each way. :D Otherwise you stand a good chance of obtaining flights with connections!

Bruce

We'll be cruising this winter and our air travel (booked through RCI) has us flying into Ft. Lauderdale, not Miami. Don't know if this is the usual procedure, but it works for us and makes sense b/c we depart from Ft. Lauderdale, so RCI will save on transporting us.

If you are going to book your air through RCI, it really pays to get the air deviation so you have a choice of flights and flight times. But I also think you can do better on airfare on your own..

When we cruised out of Miami not only did they fly us into Ft Lauderdale but they didn't even do it on the available direct flights. At the end of the day it didn't really matter. The two airports are only 20 miles appart and since they were taking care of the transport we just sat back and enjoyed the trip.

My bigger concern these days are the departure and arrival times. I don't like to arrive too late to the ship and I really don't like to hang around too long after the cruise and get in late at night. This year I was able to find my own flights a lot cheaper and booked them. I'm cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale but the best flight down to fla was into Miami so I took it and am flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. And, I get to cruise in between the two flights so all is good.

Archived