Egg-crate Mattress Pads

sbku

Are these available on Celebrity? I have a bad back, and after my last cruise, I now know that I need a little help with the bedding. If not an egg-crate style, are the pads in CC class special versus what is used in the suites?? TIA

I am not sure whether Celebrity offers them or not. I do know that other lines we have been do not. We always pack ours, put it in a space bag and vaccuum the air out. When we pack to leave the ship we just always borrow the cabin stewards vaccuum and repack it. Works fine.

Hi Sue,

Or just purchase one from Target ($14.99 per Target dot com). They are fairly compact in original packaging and put it in a duffle bag for the trip over and then just leave it behind.

Or you could call X and exert your Royal privilege - they might just have one waiting for you. :cool:

Cheers,

Joe

As I've said before, the CC is worth it for me just for the pillowtop mattress and the down duvet. In a pinch you can even sleep on top of the duvet if you need to!

With the down pillows and the body pillow I slept great and it was well worth the extra $.

Our last cruise was on the Legend of the Seas. The first night was horrible, the mattress was so hard. In the morning I asked the steward to bring me an egg crate mattress and when we came back from breakfast it was there. Made a world of difference. :)

sbku

I have seen various posts on this Celebrity board saying you can get these. I have no personal experience, but can vouch for the poor quality of the beds (I am not a great sleeper).

I would definitely 'phone Celebrity and ask the question. A poor nights sleep, especially if you are prone to back trouble, can be a pain in more ways than one.

Phil

Just got back from the Horizon. Onthe second day I asked for two, one for me and one for my Dad. The cabin stewardess said they only have one per deck, so I had one put on my Dad`s bed. I would ask as soon as you get in your cabin and meet the stewatd.

Joe: Maybe on our liquor stop we can get the pad :D

I appreciate all the responses and I will contact Celebrity. When I get an answer, I'll let people know.

Joe: Maybe on our liquor stop we can get the pad :D

Sue,

Even better! We could use it to pad all the bottles and then roll it up like a giant carpet. No, there's no liquor in there, it's just Sue's back pad! Promise! :eek:

Disclaimer: Not to suggest, of course, that we would be attempting to smuggle too much liquor on board. That would be in very poor taste. :cool:

Joe

Archived