Birthday Decorations in Cabin

atlj

My twins 9th birthday will be on Tuesday of our Sun - Sun Conquest Cruise.

Can I arrange for the decorations to be in cabin on that day, or will they

only do it on the first day when you're arriving?

Thanks,

Alison

Conquest - 8/1/04

One of the girls in our party arranged ahead to have the cabin decorated for her husband and it was done when we boarded.

the next day we had met a couple on the ship and we were discussing the decorations and he wanted to do the same for his wife , whose birthday was later in the week, and they did it on that specific day.

I think you make the arrangements through the pursurs desk.

Had the cabin decorated for my wife's 50th Birthday..As I can remember it cost 38.60 through Carnival. Streamers that criss-cross the ceiling, round colored paper crepe balls and a milar ballon in the center of the room. Once we arrived in the room the cabin steward delivered a birthday cake with linen napkins and silverware. There was a bottle of the bubbly that our TA had provided.

Last fall when we did Celebrity Zenith from NYC to Bermuda, a lady at our dining table was celebrating her 50th birthday. She was on our floor. It was easy to spot her room, it was the one with the big fancy sign that said "50th birthday wishes" or something like that. IT was there for the whole cruise. Don't be bashful, decorate yourself!

Cakes are no longer included in the package. I would order ahead of time and have themalready in the cabin when you first arrive. It adds a sense of festivity that lasts all week.

Serene, when did they stop doing that?? Ours in July was really yummy and WAY better than the little cake they served in the dining room... The pkg cost almost $40... if they are not including the cake, what else besides the streamers and keychains are they including?

The cake thing just happened within the last few weeks. If you want a cake you now have to pay extra and there are different sizes and flavors now to chose from.. Have you seen their new stuff they have for sale on their web page.

Am planning on getting the decorations on Conquest for DH 50th b'day in Sept. Was everyone happy with the decorations? Really wanted to have a theme "Pirate looks at 50" and use the Jimmy Buffet angle (as we are big fans!). Taking all Buffet CD's and some Jimmy Buffet decor (parrot lights, parrot party favors, etc.). We are travelling with 3 other couples. The plan is to have the room decorated on embarkation. Order canape trays to be in the room on arrival. Have champagne we will bring on board but was wondering if I could arrange for a pitcher or 2 of margaritas to be delivered, maybe some beer buckets--since we will be in "Margaritaville". Has anyone ever done that? All suggestions are welcome.

hmmm, there is a site that will deliver to the ship I think its called gifts ahoy. THere is one package that they will deliver a magaritta madness. 4 margarettas in a mexican hat. You may want to inquire about that.

Have you also checked out the new carnival web page and see all the new stuff they are selling. Beer stuff too.

If the above poster (sanermae) is on the Conquest I believe they are sailing from NOLA and that is a tough city for cruise ship deliveries. Most will not do alcohol. I did find one or two but do not have the list handy. If someone really needs it then they can email me thru my profile and I'll dig the list out.

Archived