Rogue Waves. Are We At Risk?

Shellie1964

Wow Shipping Out

How awesome; what an exciting experience to have.

Do you have any footage of the aforementioned waves please?

Shellie x

Good question I'm dying to see one of these giant rogue waves hit a cruise ship and see what it does just as long as it aint the ship I'm on.

Good question I'm dying to see one of these giant rogue waves hit a cruise ship and see what it does just as long as it aint the ship I'm on.

in 1995?? we boarded the qe2 in nyc which came in from the uk in transit the qe2 hit a 100' rouge wave that ripped off the railings and wood decking on the forward starbord section of the ship and damaged starboard side of the bridge..We left on time and repairs were completed during our voyage

This is what it can do:

http://*****.com/428me

Yeah i saw that and its pretty scary I must say. I was wondering if there was actually footage of one hitting a ship like video footage but probably not. As long as a rogue wave can't take down the ship completely then its not a totally scary scenario. Don't big ships like the QM2 or QE2 have to hit a rogue wave head on? If the rogue wave hit on the side of the ship could it not capasize even a large ship?

Archived