Cruise Tickets

BillZ

I've been on more than 20 cruises, but this is the first time that I have had to recieve my cruise information by e-mail and print out my tickets...17 pages in all! Does anyone know if this is SOP with RCCL, or is this something new? No other line does this as far as I know. No luggage tags, no individual , transfer tickets, etc. Not a good way to do business.

I cruised in June and got paper docs... a spiral-bound booklet....

I just went to my current reservation in "My Cruises" on their website... under "Documents & Check-In" there is a section called "Guest Vacation Documents", and in here there is a place to choose whether to get docs by mail or electronically.

Even though you can still receive your cruise documents by mail, I wouldn't expect that to be the case much longer! Everything is going to be "printer friendly"--I mean, e-tickets for airlines is SOP now! I prefer an actual ticket for almost anything--but, hey--it's what they call progress!

Billz, I did the same thing unknowingly. I printed out my docs early on not realizing that hard copies wouldn't come in the mail as I expected. About two weeks out from the cruise, I called to see why my docs had't yet arrived.

That's when I was advised that I wouldn't be getting any since I had downloaded them.

RCCL wasn't clear about that or maybe I just didn't understand. But anyway, like most other things I think that is the future of reservations. Saves them production and mailing costs if they can get the majority of people to do that.

Couldn't you just set your printer to print out the pages you need and not print the others? That's what I do with large documents that I only need partially printed.

The luggage tags are easy to get at the port, the last time we needed them, it took about 30 seconds.

We no longer even bother with the booklets if we get them, we tear out the pages we need and trash the rest. So, I'm fine with the new technology, I don't need a lot of extra paper.

I've been on more than 20 cruises, but this is the first time that I have had to recieve my cruise information by e-mail and print out my tickets...17 pages in all! Does anyone know if this is SOP with RCCL, or is this something new? No other line does this as far as I know. No luggage tags, no individual , transfer tickets, etc. Not a good way to do business.

yes you definately have a choice to have edocs or hard copy docs. I always get hard copy docs and print out set sail pass.... NEVER have I had to print 17 pages.. what the heck did you print? ALL you need is the set sail pass and it is only 2 pages. :confused:

I have a question about online check in for Royal Carribbean. My first cruise is Oct. 29 from Cape Liberty. I know we didn't need to get passports yet but as we are thinking about going on a cruise in Feb. also we decided to get them however they take several weeks to arrive. We should have them by the end of Sept. at the latest as we sent for them several weeks ago. It says on the online check in, the documents must match what you enter when you check in at pier but as I do not have the passports yet I do not know the Passport number to enter. We had to send our original birth cerificates in so we do not have them either right now. What can you use to do online check in. Would a drivers license work so I can check in now? I can print out the edocs and sail passes but after reading these posts I'm thinking maybe it's better to get the info thru the mail instead of printing it online and I'm starting to worry if I'll get passports in time for them to mail me the docs.. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I signed in under "my cruises" and accessed my current reservation, but dodn't see the sections you mentioned: "Documents & Check-In" and "Guest Vacation Documents". Could you please tell me how to get to these areas - thanks!

I signed in under "my cruises" and accessed my current reservation, but dodn't see the sections you mentioned: "Documents & Check-In" and "Guest Vacation Documents". Could you please tell me how to get to these areas - thanks!

You will only see that section if you booked directly with RCCL. If you booked through a TA, then you need to call your TA and find out whether or not they've requested paper docs or e-docs.

To the OP, other lines are going to e-docs as well. With the advent of the SetSail Pass the only thing the cruise docs were really required for was the luggage tags, and even those can be easily acquired at the pier.

I finally called several days later after my parents received their doc's by mail and we did not- ours were emailed..can't figure out why since our reservations were all made together...Rci- get it together...emails get screwed up too!

Hi, can someone please tell me if I changed the name for a passenger traveling with me and now the the luggage tags I received have the other person's name on it who isn't going anymore, can I easily just cross out the old name and put the new? Or does the preprinted name have to be on the luggage tags? I mean since u can get tags when u get to the pier, is this a big deal?

Thanks for any answers.

I have a question about online check in for Royal Carribbean. My first cruise is Oct. 29 from Cape Liberty. I know we didn't need to get passports yet but as we are thinking about going on a cruise in Feb. also we decided to get them however they take several weeks to arrive. We should have them by the end of Sept. at the latest as we sent for them several weeks ago. It says on the online check in, the documents must match what you enter when you check in at pier but as I do not have the passports yet I do not know the Passport number to enter. We had to send our original birth cerificates in so we do not have them either right now. What can you use to do online check in. Would a drivers license work so I can check in now? I can print out the edocs and sail passes but after reading these posts I'm thinking maybe it's better to get the info thru the mail instead of printing it online and I'm starting to worry if I'll get passports in time for them to mail me the docs.. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Go to www.travel.state.gov and check to see how your application is doing, they should have an appoximate arrival date, and they will have a more exact date when they mail them.

Since you will be getting your passports about a month before you sail you will have plenty of time to enter the passport info and print before you leave...if I remember right you need to check in about 3 days before you leave.

Hi, can someone please tell me if I changed the name for a passenger traveling with me and now the the luggage tags I received have the other person's name on it who isn't going anymore, can I easily just cross out the old name and put the new? Or does the preprinted name have to be on the luggage tags? I mean since u can get tags when u get to the pier, is this a big deal?

Thanks for any answers.

I would guess the pre-printed names are more for you then the criuse line, so you can sort out luggage faster...I wouldn't worry too much :D

If you get e-docks do they still send you the luggage tags or do you pick them up at the desk when you embark?I just recieved a hard copy by the way for EOS 9/8/06.Just wondering for future reference.

If you get e-docs, some TAs have the ability to print out the luggage tags for you off the internet. Otherwise, you just pick up the luggage tags at the pier.

Archived