Visa's

nansi

I read that we need Visa's for Australia. However we are flying into Aukland and cruising to Australia, with a stop in Tasmania. Will be need Visa's for all 3 countries? If so, where would we get the NZ and Tasmanian Visa's? I have the website for Aust. already.

Thanks in advance...and hope someone out there knows the answer.

I read that we need Visa's for Australia. However we are flying into Aukland and cruising to Australia, with a stop in Tasmania. Will be need Visa's for all 3 countries? If so, where would we get the NZ and Tasmanian Visa's? I have the website for Aust. already.
Some Australians think that Tasmania is another country, but really, truly, it is an integral part of Australia.

If you're a US citizen, you don't need a visa for New Zealand. So you will just need the Australian one, and that can be obtained in electronic form as you know.

Tasmania is a beautiful part of our lovely country and is so much part of our early Australian history. Where in the world Globiliser did you get the idea that we Aussie's do not like or appreciate Tasmania!!

It is like us saying to you that the English do not think the Channel Islands are part of England!

Jennie

Some Australians think that Tasmania is another country, but really, truly, it is an integral part of Australia./quote]

Tasmania is a beautiful part of our lovely country and has so much of our Australian history embedded there. I do not know where you got the idea that we Aussies do not like and appreciate Tasmania. It is the jewel in the crown! :)

We love going over there and spending time relaxing time and getting away from the hustle and bustle. It has great scenery, wonderful restaurants and lovely people. The National Parks have to be the best in our country. ;)

Jennie

Where in the world Globiliser did you get the idea that we Aussie's do not like or appreciate Tasmania!!

It is like us saying to you that the English do not think the Channel Islands are part of England!

Apart from the obvious point that the Channel Islands aren't part of England ...

I've been in Australia enough to hear the Tassie jokes. I know that they're not meant seriously!

Globiliser,

Sorry to have posted the above message twice. The Board was playing up yesterday when I posted and the top message wasn't meant to have been posted. I agree the Channel Islands was an incorrect example.

But I still do not know where you have heard the Tassie jokes - probably in Sydney as they are very Sydneycentric - because down here Tasmania is very much part of our country and is loved by all Victorians.

Jennie

Nancy, we also are cruising from Auckland to Sydney. We arranged our own air through United. The United agent told us that it is the responsibility of the carrier (plane or ship) to make sure you have an Australia visa. United obtained an electronic visa that is linked to our passports for us at no charge, even though we are flying into Auckland and out of Sydney. Also, if you are cruising on Princess, if you will look at your booking confirmation in the lower right hand corner, it notes "#INC VISA $40.00." I will assume that Princess has built the $40 fee into the cost of the cruise, since ultimately they would be responsible for your entry into the country or you could not get off the ship. You certainly could check with your TA or with the cruise line. In all likelihood, this has been taken care of for you.

Kathy

The United agent told us that it is the responsibility of the carrier (plane or ship) to make sure you have an Australia visa.
Just to clarify this: This does not mean that it's the carrier's responsibility to get you a visa. That is always ultimately the passenger's own responsibility.

The carrier's responsibility to make sure that you have a visa means only that the carrier must check this before you travel, and must refuse to allow you to travel if you haven't got one.

The willingness of some carriers to get you the visa as well is actually a slightly different issue, but it's helpful when they do.

Archived