Bring Meds in original bottles- for flying

HaloV

I have just read (from another poster) that you need to bring your meds in their original bottles. I was going to put all of my meds in a weekly organizer like always. A man going to Las Vegas had to dump everything in the weekly organizer, luckily he also had his bottles with him. That would be scarey if you only had your weekly organizer with you.:eek: I will now bring all of the bottles & then transfer into a weekly organizer when I get on the ship.

Are you sure about that? Not all my meds. are prescription drugs and I buy them by the 200-300 per bottle. Those bottles are big and would take up so much more space. I hope you're wrong. What a pain that would be. We leave this Sunday for Alaska.

I asked for small bottles at the pharmacy and they gave them to me. I peeled the labels off the big bottles and put them on the small bottles and then put enough for the trip and a couple extra days in the small bottles to take. I transfered to the weekly organizors once on the ship.

Small inconvienance for safety.

Have a great trip, we loved Alaska

Caly

Are you sure about that? Not all my meds. are prescription drugs and I buy them by the 200-300 per bottle. Those bottles are big and would take up so much more space. I hope you're wrong. What a pain that would be. We leave this Sunday for Alaska.
The poster also said that her husband had to dump a bottle of Vit. C. I guess it is all for our safety. The Vitamins & such that are not RX, I am going to pack in my check in. I also read on the TSA website, you can not have gel insoles. (which I do )

This has ALWAYS been the case of transporting medications in orginal bottles. It's just been lax and overlooked. With the increased security, you are best to comply with the regulations that have always been in place.

FOR CARRY-ON BAGGAGE:

The exception to the liquids ban on aircraft is baby formula, insulin, liquid meds IN ORIGINAL CONTAINERS WITH NAME MATCHING PASSENGERS, up to 4 oz of non-perscription fluid, contact solution, rewetting drops , eye drops, nose sprays...etc., in addition solid lipsticks, and powder make up, subject to inspection.

ALL PRESCRIPTION meds, liquid and solid or pill form, MUST be in thier original bottles with the labels matching the name on the boarding pass. If they are not, a copy of the prescription may be substituted, these many be subject to inspection.

Daily and weekly med holders are NOT PERMITTED in carry-ons, The meds will be tossed if you try to get through.

Large bottles of prescription meds, vitamins, liquid gel caps.....etc. ARE okay to pack in your checked baggage, although they do not recommend packing prescriptions in you luggage in case of loss. However all meds and vitamins must be in their ORIGINAL bottles.

Personally I think this has more to do with a certain radio show host than it does any security issue.

Info from my friends who work for Delta at O'hare.

Dave:eek:

"ALL PRESCRIPTION meds, liquid and solid or pill form, MUST be in thier original bottles with the labels matching the name on the boarding pass. If they are not, a copy of the prescription may be substituted, these many be subject to inspection."

Does a med list on Drs. letterhead & his signature sub for an actual Script? I read this someplace but not since all the new rules. TIA

Archived