Any tips for first time cruiser

abelbh1

I will be leaving on my first cruise, September 2nd, going to Alaska (Princess Dawn) round trip from Seattle, going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Victoria and I've read a lot on the site but am looking for any other general tips that I should know as a first time cruiser. Thanks!!

Have all your touring plans and reservations in place before you leave. You do not want to waste a minute. :) Take appropriate attire, including knit hat and gloves. Bring binoculars, and have a great time!!

AFTER we returned from our first cruise (24 days) I found this site.......wish it had been before.

Anyhow, one of the best things I've read when someone asks this question was, "Hit the ship running." That's SUCH a good suggestion. We were so excited to have a cruise and got upgraded to a balcony and we just were on a cloud for a couple of days.:)

If yours is a seven day cruise, a couple of days is a big percentage of your time.....so, hit the deck running!!

First of all, take your little diagram and check out every nook and cranny of the ship.....you'll be amazed at the places you might discover.

Read the evening newsletter and circle or highlight ALL the things you might be interested in participating in.................

Relax and don't let the negative people talk you into their mind set.......

on each cruise we seem to find people who want to "discuss" negative things with us. We generally excuse ourselves so they don't "rot" our attitude.

A cruise, as is all travel, is an EXPERIENCE; it's what you make it........

they seem to do all they can to meet our expectations..........

YOU WILL LOVE THE PAMPERING!!

Walk everywhere so you can truly enjoy your food!!;)

ENJOY!!!

We have only taken cruises to hot spots. We are planning to take the Summit cruise May 12th. What type of clothes should we take for the ports in Alaska? I know what we will need on ship for the the different nights but am concerned about the ports. Thank you in advance.

Peace, Anna:)

We have only taken cruises to hot spots. We are planning to take the Summit cruise May 12th. What type of clothes should we take for the ports in Alaska? I know what we will need on ship for the the different nights but am concerned about the ports. Thank you in advance.

Peace, Anna:)

You need a wide range. Layers, lightweight lined jacket. Rain gear, knit hat and gloves, 2 pair of walking shoes, throw in a pair of shorts. You will, at some point use it all.

Archived