Queen Victoria Bookings

Keith1010

Does this go-on-vacation agent do Cunard to UK residents. Last time I looked (if its the same one) they couldn't offer anything from their US site on a range of lines including Cunard, HAL, Princess etc Ken

They've taken my money three times - twice on Cunard...most recently just over a year ago.....

Peter

Unfortunately, due to a boss that doesn't understand the importance of being on a "maiden voyage," I had to cancel my QV booking on the maiden voyage to northern Europe. Luckily, I was able to book the Ft. Lauderdale to LA segment of the World Cruise. (The boss can't put his foot down on this one, as it's the next calendar year!) There are some advantages though. This trip is three days longer and the weather should be infinitely more predictable with a scant chance of snow;)!

So, is it too early to plan for a CC meeting somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and LA?

Unfortunately, due to a boss that doesn't understand the importance of being on a "maiden voyage," I had to cancel my QV booking on the maiden voyage to northern Europe. Luckily, I was able to book the Ft. Lauderdale to LA segment of the World Cruise. (The boss can't put his foot down on this one, as it's the next calendar year!) There are some advantages though. This trip is three days longer and the weather should be infinitely more predictable with a scant chance of snow;)!

So, is it too early to plan for a CC meeting somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and LA?

Ft Lala to LA - hadn't realised that was on offer too??? Well, plenty of sea days to have a CC meeting in the Commodore Club - look forward to meeting and putting faces to other CC's (and I'm sure there will be plenty - they are just in denial about wanting to sail on this fabulous new Cunarder!!!)

Ken

I'm sure there will be plenty - they are just in denial about wanting to sail on this fabulous new Cunarder!!! Ken

No, we're just letting someone else have the experience of Cunard ironing out the little niggles on THEIR cruise, rather than our own! (Actually, now its run by Princess, I suspect there's a very good chance of a near vertical start up....but don't tell the Cunardistas!)

Peter

No, we're just letting someone else have the experience of Cunard ironing out the little niggles on THEIR cruise, rather than our own! (Actually, now its run by Princess, I suspect there's a very good chance of a near vertical start up....but don't tell the Cunardistas!)

Peter

After experiencing the QM2 maiden voyage a la Cunard - I'm sure Princess start up operations of QV will be seemless (hope, hope)

Ken

Ps there is still something extra special about a maiden voyage!

All 3 Queens are in NYC on 13 January 2008 and heading for the Caribbean that evening - what a photo opportunity for Cunard during that day and maybe afterwards??

Ken

PS - Kindlychap, what type stateroom have you booked on the maiden voyage?? Something comparable with your QE2 norm for comparison???

All 3 Queens are in NYC on 13 January 2008 and heading for the Caribbean that evening - what a photo opportunity for Cunard during that day and maybe afterwards??

Looks to me as if there will be a photo op at Port Everglades too. Both the QE2 and QV are scheduled there on January 16, 2008.

We have a Q3 for QV.

Nice one .... can't wait for the review. There is something special about a Cunard Queen arriving anywhere for the first time as you will find out!!! I see the Maiden is fully booked and the Xmas/New Year cruise has only A2, A3 and A4 grades left - so she is selling well.

The arrival time in New York for the tandem crossing is 7.15am - anyone know if its light then??? We hope to be up watching the arrivals - surely they won't arrive in the dark as it's unlikely they will ever be in New York together again???

Wondering also where the 3 will berth in NYC. Suppose QM2 at Brooklyn with QV and QE2 in Manhattan - now that's going to be fun, 2 Cunarders embarking passengers for World Cruises from that awful terminal???

Ken

Looks to me as if there will be a photo op at Port Everglades too. Both the QE2 and QV are scheduled there on January 16, 2008.

The sunshine shots!! I hope there may be a rendezvous of all 3 queens at sea after sailing from New York. Of course QM2 will be heading further east to Tortola, but we can live in hope!!!

Are the shorter WC segments available in the US now? Have you booked?? They don't show on the Cunard.com site just Cunard.co.uk. Fort Lala to LA doesn't figure in any itinerary I've seen this side either.

Ken

I think they sail at 5pm which will be in the dark. 7:15 am at the bridge could be OK for some light, but will need professional camera to get decent shots. I assume some ship group will host a boat to go out to see. And then who knows what the weather will be?

I think they will be spread all over the harbor, not all at one pier in NYC like the last time, unless Carnival makes up with the city for moving away in the first place.

So that would mean they won't be together very long, if at all.

Then if folks plan to come out to get pictures on Cunard ships together, I think the shooting platform is Hyatt Pier 66's roof bar in Ft. Lauderdale.

I think they sail at 5pm which will be in the dark. 7:15 am at the bridge could be OK for some light, but will need professional camera to get decent shots. I assume some ship group will host a boat to go out to see. And then who knows what the weather will be?

I think they will be spread all over the harbor, not all at one pier in NYC like the last time, unless Carnival makes up with the city for moving away in the first place.

So that would mean they won't be together very long, if at all.

Then if folks plan to come out to get pictures on Cunard ships together, I think the shooting platform is Hyatt Pier 66's roof bar in Ft. Lauderdale.

Figured the light would be a problem!! I guess the 5.00pm departures will be accompanied by fireworks alongside the Statue of Liberty. But do you really think they will put a queen in Bayonne??? If so I wonder which one???

Glad to see you are on the NY/LA sailing - could be we have the start of a great CC cocktail party or two!!! Maybe a bit early to start a rollcall though!!!

Ken

I'll be at the bar in the Commodore Club !!

Sounds like a plan!!!

I am told QM2 will be sailing from Bayonne on 9/30, as Crown Princess will be at Red Hook.

But which one might get Bayonne in Jan 2008???? My money would be on QE2 as Cunard will want to showcase QV in Manhatten and QM2 sails regularly from Brooklyn...... Unless of course they decide to showcase QV in Brooklyn ... in which case .... ???

Ken

Mark,

We're not allowed to mention TAs...but the agent often has ads on these pages if you want to go on vacations....

Peter

having just worked out who this agent is....:o but having no experience or having heard of them before...I was wonderring what the general view is of booking through them as opposed to direct with Cunard .... Is it safe..ie companies in the travel industry seem to have a habit of going belly up and Id hate to lose all that money! Being a long way away from them...ie half way round the world its just something that goes through your mind! Has anyone who has had an experience with them care to discuss it with me, direct by email if they would rather than on this medium. Just looking for some reassurance before I part with my cash! Thanks...:)

QE2 and QV will be in Manhatten, QM2 at Red Hook.

QM2 is too big for the berth at Manhatten of course.

The tandem crossing is with QE2/QV. QM2 is an afterthought in this context.

Both are sufficient reasons for the berthings I suggest!

Is it possible to fit all three in Manhatten? That would be the best of all possible worlds.

On a personal basis, and as we will have to stay in New York a couple of nights, I'm hoping QE2 is in Manhatten.

Not really, she docked there for two years before the Red Hook terminal opened. Granted, her stern extended well beyond the end of the pier.

Paul

But wasn't that part of the justification for moving from Manhatten? I understood the coastguard weren't happy.

Given the fact that there is now a choice, surely logic would dictate giving her a pier that fits?

But wasn't that part of the justification for moving from Manhatten? I understood the coastguard weren't happy.

Given the fact that there is now a choice, surely logic would dictate giving her a pier that fits?

Sorry, Kindlychap, I agree with what your are saying, I was just nitpicking about the literal interpretation of "QM2 is too big for the berth at Manhatten".

Paul

having just worked out who this agent is....:o but having no experience or having heard of them before...I was wonderring what the general view is of booking through them as opposed to direct with Cunard .... Is it safe..ie companies in the travel industry seem to have a habit of going belly up and Id hate to lose all that money! Being a long way away from them...ie half way round the world its just something that goes through your mind! Has anyone who has had an experience with them care to discuss it with me, direct by email if they would rather than on this medium. Just looking for some reassurance before I part with my cash! Thanks...:)

You asked for an opinion, so I will give one. Just so there is full disclosure, I am an "outside" travel agent. That means I dabble a little bit on my own. But VERY little. Just my own travel and a few friends. I actually LOSE money. I am not trying to make money at this. BUT! I am first, and foremost, a consumer.

Before I became a TA, I booked both through a TA I worked with, independently on my own and through Travelocity. I once ended up in Cincinnati thru Travelocity, only to find out they had booked my return tickets for MONDAY, not SUNDAY! We both had to work. TWA (yes, it WAS a few years ago <G>) worked their tails off to rebook us, and finally managed to get us home. Travelocity? I didn't even have a way to contact them. And no, I didn't get the money back- no way to prove it was their mistake. (And it is possible it was MY mistake, though I did not believe it was. Another time a friend was running a Windjammer cruise for a bunch of Parrotheads (Jimmy Buffett fans) She got NOTHING extra, even after rounding up all of those passengers, inlcluding, she didn't even get a free cabin. Windjammer didn't do groups. The agency (recommended by Windjammer) went belly up a week before the cruise. Cruise was paid for. Air was lost. imagine trying to get a flight from Spokane Wasington to Tortola on short notice! This was the reason she and I both became agents. We said,"We can do better than this!" so we both went to our respective Community colleges and started taking courses in Travel agenting.

So what I am saying is, if you use an internet agency, make sure they are reputable and have been in business a while. Then make sure you have a contact in case of a mistake or emergency. You can book through Cunard directly, if you want to, but there might be little tricks an agent might know through experience. (although these boards do a pretty good job of leveling the playing field.) No matter who you use, you need it to be someone with a good reputation you can trust! A live agent might also take the time and trouble to keep an eye out for any faxes or emails from Cunard that might give you a better deal. (And will usually get a bon voyage gift for your state room!)

Good luck!

Karie

Thanks Karie., just the sort of advice Im looking for.... all our previous trips have been booked through agents, our current one who is very good is in New York. The internet company I'm looking at has apparently been in business 25 years and advertises their vacations on this board frequently... its just the deals they offer are so incredibly better than that offered by our TA which makes it so appealing and when you are considerring a 58 day cruise the saving can be astronomical though I am one to believe ..."if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is...! The funds paid apparently appear on your cc statement as paid through Cunard and we wont be requiring air from them anyway. Is there anywhere you can suggest to read reviews of particular agents you know of..? thanks for your advice...much appreciated...roscoe

Archived